Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blush application

Hello ~~~

How do you girls apply your blush?Apples or cheek bones? Should there be different techniques for different face shapes?

:wave:

Re: Blush application

I usually apply my blush on the apples of my cheeks. It gives a sweeter and more natural look.
    For darker blushes and for a more professional look, apply blush under the cheekbones at the sides of the face. This will give you a more polished look and it also helps to slim down wide faces.
    By applying a shimmery highlighter on the top of your cheekbones will bring attention to your cheekbones, making them more prominent.

HTH!
    Last edited by Glossie; 12-02-2005, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Re: Blush application

Originally posted by Bluberri
      Hello ~~~

How do you girls apply your blush?Apples or cheek bones? Should there be different techniques for different face shapes?

:wave:
      for me, i will smile in the mirror and apply to the apple of my cheeks and then go upwards, towards the ear.

i read that ppl with round faces should not apply to the apples of their cheeks, cos it'll make them look rounder. they should apply to the sides of the cheeks.

Comment

Re: Re: Blush application

for me, i will smile in the mirror and apply to the apple of my cheeks and then go upwards, towards the ear.
        I always apply blush this way also and it works pretty well too....
        but i kind of have a wide/round face and now i'm wondering if applying blush on the sides of my cheeks would be better?? And how exactly do you apply blush on the sides??
        Last edited by shortie; 23-02-2004, 11:09 AM.

Comment

It's supposed to. You basically brush along your cheekbones up towards your temples.

It helps 'slim' your face. But be careful because it can look quite 'fake'!

Comment

I also applied it towards my temples. Hmm but i just had a bad experience.. haha...

Comment

Hmmm.....
              I think i'll try applying blush on the sides of my cheeks....if it doesn't work out i can always go back to the other way^^

Thanks ataraxia, for clarifying that for me

Comment

No worries!

Personally, I don't like doing it too obviously because it looks fake. No one blushes on their cheekbones!

But it's fantastic for night makeup (check out most of Lucy Liu's red carpet looks).

Another way to get around it is the 'shape' of your blusher applied. Instead of doing a 'circle' around the apple of your cheeks, do an 'oval' sloping upwards towards your temples but not actually reaching so far. Also helps if you dust the blusher slightly more to the top of the apples instead of the centre directly.

Hope that makes sense!

Comment

yupyup, it makes sense

Comment

I use the blush when I go in parties or marriage. This blush make me so gorgeous.

Comment

For a younger look you can just place it at the apples of the cheeks, thats how i always do mine because its cuter hehehe. Thats usually the placement if ur going for a dolly look. Of course if u apply from the cheeks upward towards ur cheekbones, top of the ear that is contouring so there's a slimmer look. But it will make a person look more mature (and polished if you will). The most flattering way I feel is to concentrate mainly on the apples of the cheek and directly below the iris. This way, it makes your eyes shine and seem gleamy!!

Comment

I am using "pat pat" method that I learnt from Nui Ren Wo Zhui Da video in a semi round direction.

It looks much better on me that a direct stroke..

Comment

Working...
                        X