Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organic Cosmetics

Heello,

There are a few organic skincare products locally such as Dr Hauschka, Aubrey Organic, Burt's Bee, etc. but I can hardly find safe organic cosmetics here, especially lipsticks and eyeshadows. Where can I find them? Don't want eat or apply undesirable carcinogens or allergens onto my skin. Help!

Burt's Bee has a cosmetic range. See it at www.beauty.com if you havent already. Don't know if they carry those locally.

Other than that, I don't know much about organic stuff. What's the difference?

Comment

Have you tried Brown Rice Paradise? Or Supernature?

Comment

Thanks, atypical. Will check out the site.

Organic simply means more of essential oils and natural ingredients and no harmful ingredients such as MEA, DEA, TEA, formaldyde, petrol or castor oil, toulene, SLS, flouride, etc. which are harmful to you skin(some can cause allergies, others are cancer-causing) and also the way they plant the herbs and manufacture the items, which are free from pesticide and other things that are not save for our earth. As for vegetables, the way they grow the plants are save for the earth too, no pesticide, instead, they could keep birds to eats the worms or keep insects away. For eg. organic chicken are bred differently as they are free from artificial hormones and the feeds are differently and they are perhaps free roaming. See the recently cases about avian flu and young girls maturing too early bec. of eating hormonal-injected chickens, are classic manmade problems from commercial breeding of chickens.

Prenuptia, What is brown rice paradise and supernature? local retailers?

:bestwish

Comment

Brown Rice Paradise and Supernature are organic supermarkets at Tanglin Mall and Park House respectively. Besides food, they also sell toiletries like shampoo, soap, moisturiser etc. I don't know if they have cosmetics, but they're the most likely source I can think of.

Comment

Hi, I am new to the forums. I know one shop that sell cosmetics without no harmful ingredients. It's located at citylink mall, just opposite ig's heaven. :yaya:
            Last edited by Glossie; 05-02-2005, 10:10 PM.

Comment

ok. will check it out soon.

Thanks to all.

Comment

Daphnee, care to do us an intro at Cozybabes? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Daphnee_tham
                  I know one shop that sell cosmetics without no harmful ingredients. It's located at citylink mall, just opposite ig's heaven. :yaya:
                  Anyone knows the name of the shop, or the product label? Is it still there?

Comment

I believe it's called Lavera. And it was still there last month.

Comment

Dr Hauschka does stock cosmetics, check out their counters. They've counters at Bugis & Tangs but I find the Tangs SA much much nicer! Their loose & pressed powders have raves on MUA. HTH!

Comment

Thanks, Vonvonne. I didn't know they have makeup until I passed by the Bugis counter. Selection is small and the shades kinda *oldish* looking

Comment

I agree the selection is small & the packaging really look awful. That's why I'm a user of Averine cosmetics 'cos their packaging is so much nicer & the price is about the same. The fact that it doesn't cause break-outs is a huge plus to me 'cos I've awfully sensitive skin. But I'm not sure whether it's organic though.

But the Lavera shop at Citylink looks like it has pretty nice products!

Comment

anyone knows how much the hauschka translucent makeup (foundation) is, or if it will be cheaper to get a german cp?

Comment

I love Dr Hauschka products!!!!!! I have been using them for 3 years and though I have tried other organic products like Lavera and Burts Bees, I always go back and use Dr H coz it is the best for my skin.

I have ultra-sensitive skin and get rashes if I use the wrong products. Must say I am allergic to Dr H sunscreen which is the only product from them I tried so far that I am allergic to, so I use Lavera 100% mineral sunblock instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X