Matching Eyebrows to Hair Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matching Eyebrows to Hair Color

Anyone out there tried to dye the eyebrows to match the hair colour? I feel that my brows are just too dark compared to my light coloured hair! Do this look very weird? Comments pls...

u can bleach your brows...buy those facial bleach cream and aply them heavily on your brows.For every one min, rub away a little to check if the colour of your brows is the right shade u want to have...it shouldnt take longer than 3 mins IIRC. I doubt hair dye is safe or good enough to dye your brows too.. Bleach was more common among Makeup artists... anyway, ive never tried it, too chicken! You can try to get more info abt alternative methods...anyway i rec Jolen creme bleach! I think thats the name....IIRC again...

Comment

Jess, u could do a lighter eye brow pencil, or enhance with a brow powder after pencil that suits your hair color

Comment

Thanks for the info. But i will try out jemay's suggestion first. If it doesn't work out well, i will have bleach it. thanks gals

Comment

Hello my dear Qiu, nice to see you here! I've known you for so long but I didn't thought that you'll ever think of doing such a bold thing! Dyeing your eyebrows? You'd better not do that otherwise you might have to do touch ups every other week at the rate that your brow is growing.

Comment

where can we get eyebrow dye in sg?
            Last edited by Cel; 01-03-2004, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cel
              where can we get eyebrow in sg?
              what do u mean? Is it eyebrow pencil u r talking about? :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by jemay
                what do u mean? Is it eyebrow pencil u r talking about? :roll:
                LOL!! sorry I actually mean eyebrow dye. haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Cel
                  LOL!! sorry I actually mean eyebrow dye. haha!
                  I do not think that there are dying solutions just for the brows. I think it should be the same solution that is used to dye the hair.Isn't it? :huh:

Comment

Solution for eyebrow colour

Hi cotters~
                    I??m thinking of getting my hair dyed to a light brown-blonde colour. But the problem is..i have dark colour eyebrows. So if I dyed light colour + dark brows, will look weird right?
                    Any solutions to this? Is it safe to get brow dyes from the salon? Or by using concealer is sufficient enough to cover the original colour of my brows?
                    Thanks~

Comment

threads merged.

Qi Qi, have a read through this thread and see if there's any info of use to you. HTH.

Comment

Qiqi, if you prefer not to dye your brows to match your new hair, you can consider getting a brow mascara like the one from MAC. I had one from IPSA but I do prefer the MAC one. Check them out at the counters.

You could also use a light brown brow pencil. I rec MAC's brow crayon in Lingering but I am sure other cosmetic counters carry similar colors.

I don't think using concealer will be good...

Comment

Originally posted by atypical
                          Qiqi, if you prefer not to dye your brows to match your new hair, you can consider getting a brow mascara like the one from MAC. I had one from IPSA but I do prefer the MAC one. Check them out at the counters.

You could also use a light brown brow pencil. I rec MAC's brow crayon in Lingering but I am sure other cosmetic counters carry similar colors.

I don't think using concealer will be good...
                          thanks vixette!
                          Oh thanks for the recommendation! but my eyebrow's "hair" are quite black. Donno if the light brown pencil will show up the colour. But thanks! i will check it out at the counter!! Too bad Jb doesnt have a MAC counter, will have to try other brands.

Comment

If you cannot find a brow mascara, any regular eyelash mascara will work too. Just make sure to wipe the the whole wand with tissue 1st to remove excess product before brushing it through your brows.

If you want to go swimming with them, get a waterproof formula.

Comment

Second atypical's suggestion of the brow mascara. I get a light bronzy brown shade to lighten and define my brows. As it covers the brow hair itself, it looks more natural than using brow powder or pencil.

So far I've tried IPSA, Ettusais and Shiseido Pied Nus. Pied Nus is the best cos the mascara brush is narrow and slim, so you can define brows well. The Ettusais formula is good, but the brush is rather short and fat, and it can get a bit messy with too much mascara on the brush. The IPSA one is shaped like a small comb, but the gel formula is really light and transparant, so the colour doesn't show up on me.

Hths!

Comment

Working...
                              X