Foundation - iPSA or Covermark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foundation - iPSA or Covermark?

Hi! I'm new here! great place, brimming with info! thanks. i've read practically EVERY thread on foundation, and i saw rave reviews about ipsa and covermark. But which one?? and u guys mentioned that they dont offer samples, so i have no idea where to start...er, i have oily acne-prone-but-under-control skin with old blemish scars dying to be covered. can i have some of your expert advice? :note:

hello :yaya:
    how about doing us an intro @ CozyBabes so all of us can get to know you better?

regarding the foundations, why not go down to the counter and ask the SAs to apply it for you and you can see how it wears on it for a day before you decide which to get

Comment

Hi Michelle,

IPSA does give free sample sachets of some of their foundations to try. The SAs are pretty friendly and will be able to advise which foundation is suitable for your skin.

I haven't tried Covermark but I've tried IPSA before and quite like the foundations. If your skin is not too oily, you might want to try the Protect or Renew foundation. Both are light to medium buildable coverage but look very natural on the skin.

Comment

iPSA's SAs are really friendly! I was there today and one of them actually offered to remove all my makeup for me to try out both protect and matt gel (name?) foundation on me..

Protect one is good, very thin but the oil control is not that great for someone with very oily skin like mine. Oil breaks out within 3-4hours or so.. Nevertheless, I still got it because of its light texture

Btw, they do have samples but only for the foundation color 101..

Comment

Which branch's SA is that?? I went by the Robinsons one during Valentines day and browsed until my legs are sore and the SA still did not bother to serve me. Even after I asked her some questions she also replied with a 'cant be bothered' attitude. Duh!!

Comment

Teiko, I can totally relate! There was once I was at the Robinson's counter and the SA was yakking away on the telephone and refused to budge even though I kept trying stuff and waiting for her put down the phone. Think she finally did put down the phone but by then I was too fed up and left. Didn't feel like letting her earn commission with that kind of service!

But recently the IPSA SAs I've come across have been quite nice and friendly. Hmm... think the last two visits were at Tangs.

Comment

yup wasn't too impressed by the CS at Robinson's outlet. :roll: will go to Tangs the next time.

Comment

Originally posted by visee
                IPSA does give free sample sachets of some of their foundations to try. The SAs are pretty friendly and will be able to advise which foundation is suitable for your skin.
                I was at Tangs last few months ago but when I asked for the Renew foundation samples, one of the helpful SAs said she doesn't have any. :roll:
                Last edited by dolphin; 04-03-2004, 08:15 AM.

Comment

On the contrary, I received very good service from a particular SA at Robinson. I cannot remember her name... was it Fion or something? :roll: ... I encountered her on 3 occasions I think, and all 3 times were really pleasant experiences

Michelle, I am afraid I have not used Covermark before hence I cannot do any comparison for you. My experience are with IPSA Protect Liquid foundation and Protect Powdery foundation. I have reviewed them under IPSA makeup thread

Comment

Visee-> I think it could be the same SA we encountered cos she is also yakking all the way on the phone.

Comment

wow, thanks guys, i shall head to tangs!!! Cant wait! i think i'll try ipsa 1st cuz it seems to be more highly rated... btw, any1 broke out using ipsa foundations? :choice:

Comment

hi michelle (my namesake), i 've gone through a couple of bottles of IPSA and no breakouts for me. and i definitely like IPSA for its coverage and oil control.

Comment

usually Tangs swears of better SAs anytime think its a culture.

i know Lancome, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Biotherm & Origins SAs are ok at Robinsons RC.

Comment

Originally posted by teiko
                            Which branch's SA is that?? I went by the Robinsons one during Valentines day and browsed until my legs are sore and the SA still did not bother to serve me. Even after I asked her some questions she also replied with a 'cant be bothered' attitude. Duh!!
                            Hmm.. the iPSA I always go to is the one at Robinsons, the SA is Eunice, very nice person. When I was there on Wed, some senior SA was there that day. She has much more knowledge on the products imo and was very generous with the samples. Gave me some skin care samples for my flaking skin without me even requesting for them. & tested out the makeup on my skin, as well as taught me the right ways of application. Thumps up for her customer service

Comment

Hey mich, do you use the Protect or Renew foundation ? What's your skin type ? I have the Renew and am wondering what's the diff between this and the Protect ? TIA !

Comment

Working...
                              X