Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mica

hey ladies,

i'm sure quite a lot of you bought micas!
    so what are your favourites?
    how do you blend them, mix and match?
    care to share?

I've just received them and tried matching sage with tahitian blue...LOVE it! How do you use them as nailpolish?

Comment

Originally posted by gracegan
      I've just received them and tried matching sage with tahitian blue...LOVE it! How do you use them as nailpolish?
      What Grace? You mean we can use that as nail polish? How amazing! I can't wait to receive them too!

Comment

Originally posted by gracegan
        You can just buy clear nailpolish and add some mica into it and mix it thoroughly, viola!
        Or you can apply base colour of naill polish of your desired colour, then sprinkle some mica on top while the polish is still wet. Then finish off with a clear coat to seal it in.

Comment

You can also use it in lipgloss.
          Just mix the mica with any clear lipgloss and you will get coloured lipgloss. You can pre-make it and store it in a pot or you can mix it directly on your hand or lips.

Comment

Sweeties, may i ask what did you all choose to keep your micas? I just received them but has yet to look at it because i haven't found appropriate containers. I was thinking abt either small cream jars or small sized ziplog bags.

Any other ideas? What are you using? Thanks!

Comment

To save space and money, put them in tiny ziplock bags. If to want it to look nice and display it on your dressing table, then you can get stackable containers from $1 value store or Sasa.
              Last edited by clpersonal; 11-03-2004, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by clpersonal
                To save space and money, put them in tiny ziplock bags. If to want it to look nice and display it on your dressing table, then you can get stackable containers from $1 value store or Sasa.

Thanks sweetie! I will check that out.

Comment

i stored them in stackable containers, $2 for a 3 in 1 stack, i sort them according to the colour shades.

by the way, if anyone intending to sell mica, please let me know? i got some friends interested =)

i dilute some of the micas myself and mix and match a couple. love how they look! ahha actually thinking of ordering again.. *Lol*

Comment

i stored them in stackable containers, $2 for a 3 in 1 stack, i sort them according to the colour shades.
                    Just wondering where can we get these stackable containers? Are you refering to those at muji?

Can't wait to get mine! :late:

Comment

i bought them at Aries (some cheapo hair accessories etc ) shop.
                      it is cheaper than sasa. i paid $2 for each, need around 5 = $10.
                      sasa was selling theirs at $3 each.

muji would probably be more expensive?

oh yes!!!!!! did u ladies see the Twinkle Glitter???
                      similar to MAC glitter pigments!!!!!! i am lemming big time.......another spree??? *hahhaa*

Comment

err pardon me but what is mica?

Comment

Originally posted by natnatviv
                          err pardon me but what is mica?
                          Nat, we had a spree some time back. Check this out.

Comment

Originally posted by Peace
                            Nat, we had a spree some time back. Check this out.
                            ahhh thanks

Comment

oh wow ... I love all of mine. Makes me wish I had ordered all colors even though I know I will barely use up any of mine.

I leave mine in the bags that Ann placed them in. I just cut off the excess at the top then gently squeeze them together into a clear compartmentalised tupperware so the openings all face up. Clean and organised. Just have to open the box to access all colors.

Girls, don't forget to check the website. Some of the colors cannot be used on the lips, (eg, blush pigment) just like some MAC pigments. Something to do with metal content??

By the way, do you girls use brushes or fingers to apply? My brush picks up a lot of pigment but deposits very little and a lot falls on my cheeks and a lot remains on the brush.

And what do you mix with or just use it alone? I read some people mix with glycerine, visine, water? What works for you?

I'm loving my new toys!

Comment

Working...
                              X