Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foundation for Bridal Make-up

Hi hi,

Does anyone has a good recommendation for foundation suitable for dry + sensitive skin? I've tried a "brandless" cream foundation during my bridal photoshoot session but it doesn't seem to work on my skin type So I am now sourcing for a good foundation for my bridal make-up on my actual wedding day.

Any raves on Stila illuminating liquid foundation by the way?

MAC studio Tech.

Comment

Hi PPG,

I've tried Stila's ILF before. It's very sheer and doesn't provide much coverage, but I find that it gives a very natural glowy finish without being oily. Good for drier skin types!

Comment

Hi!
        I have just attended a bridal make-up seminar. The MUA used a cream foundation from Mehron called Celebre. It's some professional brand used by make-up artist. Mehron Celebre Foundation

It's not cakey and looks very natural yet you need loose powder to set it. You may have a look at this professional make-up artist site about her recommendation about this product. Mehron Celebre Foundation Recommended by Suzanne

Comment

My MUA used Covermark foundation and the finish was flawless. Check it out

Comment

I'd recommend IPSA. Very light as a little goes a long long way. But it still manages to provide pretty decent coverage. Layering is very easy too. Furthermore, there are many choices of fdtn to suit different skin requirements.

Another fdtn I'd recommend is Trinity Tricolore, a local makeup brand by Jason. In fact, I would strongly recommend getting Jason to do your makeup! This man is FANTASTIC. Love everything he's done for me so far, even the looks that are pretty different.

His foundation has fabulous coverage and is very very natural. Alone, it's sufficient coverage for scars and blemishes already. It sinks right in and no one can tell you have fdtn on (if you picked the right colour). Plus, it's also a case of a little goes a long way so you don't have to cake in on.

Try doing a search on these brands to find out more.

Comment

hi,

u can try Make Up For Ever pan stick. the MUA used that for my best pal's wedding day

Comment

Try to gear away from the ultra sheer, au natural look when it comes to selecting foundation for bridal make-up. Cos in photographs, such make-up look pretty "unmade-up"..... not very flattering.

I came across a photo taken during a wedding banquet at one of the tables. I really cannot tell the bride from the rest of the ladies there cos the bride looked too "natural" Of course, I am not advocating war-paint too. But there has to be a balance somewhere. Hope brides-to-be get what I mean

Comment

Thank you cotters for all your kind suggestions :yaya:

Seriously, it looks like I've got alot of "research" to do now with all these brands that I've never heard before!!!

Comment

Just to add on... anyone has any idea or comments on Chanel Lumiere (or something) range of foundation? I've heard that its brilliant for dry + sensitive skin type.

Comment

PPG: do a search on it dear. Lots of raves on Cosmetica I believe. And don't worry about searching too much. We always obsess about finding the 'best' but sometimes the 'good' is definitely good enough.

Originally posted by Vonnie
                      Try to gear away from the ultra sheer, au natural look when it comes to selecting foundation for bridal make-up. Cos in photographs, such make-up look pretty "unmade-up"..... not very flattering.

I came across a photo taken during a wedding banquet at one of the tables. I really cannot tell the bride from the rest of the ladies there cos the bride looked too "natural" Of course, I am not advocating war-paint too. But there has to be a balance somewhere. Hope brides-to-be get what I mean
                      I'm a bit confused dear. :huh: While I definitely agree that the bride should stand out a little more and the makeup should be heavier to show up in pictures, does this really apply to fdtn? Isn't your fdtn supposed to look as natural as possible and not show up? Afterall, fdtn is meant to make your skin look flawless. If it's obvious that you're using something to achieve that effect, it kinda defeats the purpose right? :huh:

Just my 2cts.

Comment

PPG, although you want a liquid for foundation, it is more advisable for you to use cream foundation. You will be probably very busy on your wedding day. You may cry or sweat or whatever. A good cream foundation will give you the longest wear without touching up. Most make-up artists use cream foundation for their bridal work. The commercial liquid foundation contains too little pigment for you to look pretty in photos. Note that high pigment percentage doesn't mean cakey make-up. A lot of professional foundation in fact produces a no make-up flawless skin look.

Comment

Originally posted by ataraxia
                          I'm a bit confused dear. :huh: While I definitely agree that the bride should stand out a little more and the makeup should be heavier to show up in pictures, does this really apply to fdtn? Isn't your fdtn supposed to look as natural as possible and not show up? Afterall, fdtn is meant to make your skin look flawless. If it's obvious that you're using something to achieve that effect, it kinda defeats the purpose right? :huh:
                          Xue, I think I was really bad at expressing myself. Laa_cat just voiced out my thoughts in her post above

I meant to say get a foundation that is of heavier coverage. The correct choice of colour can still give you the flawless, baby smooth skin, yet the "unmade-up" look The idea of using foundations with heavier coverage is so that your face do not look naked the moment the camera flash hits it.

Comment

Um... another thing to point out is that you, in order to look natural in pictures, should NOT use foundation with high sunscreen, especially something containing titanium dioxide which reflects light. If you wear something with high sunscreen, despite how natural you look in person, you look flash white in photos. Not a very good memory indeed. As technology advances, high-coverage foundation are mostly light in texture too. It gives you a polished look instead of a made up look. I guess a bride loves to look polished on your important day.
                            Better seek for professional help on your wedding day since there are so many things to do in order to look pretty. Looking for someone reliable seems can relieve you stress!

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie
                              Xue, I think I was really bad at expressing myself. Laa_cat just voiced out my thoughts in her post above

I meant to say get a foundation that is of heavier coverage. The correct choice of colour can still give you the flawless, baby smooth skin, yet the "unmade-up" look The idea of using foundations with heavier coverage is so that your face do not look naked the moment the camera flash hits it.
                              oohhh! sorry. I'm also quite blur.

Comment

Working...
                              X