Cracked Makeup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked Makeup

I used concealer and pressed powder on my face, sometimes i put liquid foundation too. I realised that after some time, my face makeup tends to cracked, and u can see small fine lines especially round my eyes or mouth, then there'll be cakey patches around my face(especially areas where i concealed). Anyway, i belong to the dry skin type. I tried applying moisturiser under my makeup or even changing makeup... it's still the same. What can i do? Does those makeup base helps, but puting moisturiser under my makeup doesn't help for me? What can i do???
    Last edited by duckiee; 13-05-2006, 03:19 PM.

I think you are facing same problem with this cotter. Maybe you can refer to this thread.

Cracking Face

Comment

You could be using too much concealer and powder. Try applying a thinner layer instead. Also what brand of concealer and powder are you using? Some can be quite drying. Do you use an eye cream underneath?

Comment

maybe a sprintz of Evian spray mist helps to add some moisture during the day !

Comment

get applying makeup base under makeup help much???

Comment

MM.... why not use hydrating mask before make up?

Hydrating Mask -> moisturizer/make up base

Comment

I had this problem once, and I realised it is due to an unsuitable formulation of foundation and too thick an application. The make-up artist put on cream foundation, or was it some 2-way cake.... anyway, the result was a foundation that was too thick for comfort and hence after a while, I started developing "crack lines" near the mouth area.

I seriously doubt it is due to dryness cos I am very oily and there was breakthrough shine at the same time when I faced this "cracked up" problem

So, try using a light hand when applying either your foundation or powder. It should help

Comment

I have very oily skin and shine will justt break out within 4hours, which turned my make up cakey . How should I remove the cakiness & oil while making the make up still look 'fresh'? I tried blotting with oil blots, but in the process that will remove some of my make up and it just makes the overall look even more cakey ..Gee....

Comment

Originally posted by felicity
                  How should I remove the cakiness & oil while making the make up still look 'fresh'? I tried blotting with oil blots, but in the process that will remove some of my make up and it just makes the overall look even more cakey ..Gee....
                  I will suggest you to do Purifying Mask & hydrating mask before you put on the make up. Purifying mask helps to remove excessive oil whereas hydrating mask moisturizes your face and gives you a water-like face. After that, you can use T-zone Matifying gel/cream to avoid shine too. When the excessive oil is well controlled & face is full of water & moisture, your face will definitely look radiant & matte.

Blotting paper is only useful when you touch up the make up. More often you blot the oil, more oil will come out actually. So what to do is : just be light and soft when blotting the excessive oil. Don't blot until you face is totally dry, you should leave some oils on the face so that less oil will be produced after blotting.

Comment

Originally posted by felicity
                    I have very oily skin and shine will justt break out within 4hours, which turned my make up cakey . How should I remove the cakiness & oil while making the make up still look 'fresh'?
                    I understand how you feel cos we have similar type of skin Are you using powder foundation? Cos for me, I realise that such caking problem happens to me when I use powder foundation, but not such problem if I use liquid foundation

Don't get me wrong, liquid foundation will not remove the oil (unless it is some super-duper oil controlling type), but at least it will not cake. My favourite combination so far is Prescriptives Virtual Skin foundation followed by KP loose powder. 4 to 5 hours when my face starts to shine, I just use tissue paper to dab. I do not do any touch-ups

Comment

Hmm, I'm using IPSA's renew liquid foundation with KP's loose powder too. On top of that I used Sunkiller's sunscreen (which have some oil control properties). But I still break out in shine and the oil seems to make my make up cakey.

Does your make up get removed when you dab off your oil?

I wonder if using those spraying mists (evian and I think ipsa has something similar as well) will help in the cakiness?

Comment

I can see some foundation/powder stains on the tissue... but on the whole, there is still make-up on my face so I am not fretting out over that

You mean to say you apply your sunscreen over your make-up? I thought it should be the applied before your foundation?

Oh, IPSA's Renew is not the best choice for oily skin But for the cakey part, are you using a very thick layer of Renew?

Comment

hi vonnie,

nope i applied sunscreen before foundation. do u happen to use ipsa's renew foundation too? i'll try to apply less foundation tmr and see if it still turns cakey. but hmm... i think it turned cakey due to my oiliness instead

Comment

No, I reckon Renew will be too oily for my skin type hence I chose IPSA Protect Liquid foundation instead.

If your logic that oily skin causing cakiness holds, then you will have the same experience with all foundations Did this happen to you before when you use other foundations?

Comment

hi vonnie,

i made a mistake, the foundation im using is ipsa' s protect instead of renew .

anyway, i will blog away my oil and in the process some make up got lifted off.... and it looks like as if my make up is in patch - some parts with make up and some parts without make up. this is especially obvious in the nose since it turns so so oily, when i blot off the oil, most of the make up comes off. do u face this problem too? btw, do you use any oil control make up base before the foundation?

i always wonder how people got those flawless make up on their face. and their skin look so smooth and all. i am using shu's uv under base df but am but getting that results. then again im getting severe cystic outbreak on my cheeks since 3mths ago, so maybe that's why?

Comment

Working...
                              X