Good cosmetics buys in Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good cosmetics buys in Paris

What good cosmetics deals would you home in on if you were going shopping in Paris?

(Or other products -- scent/body/bath etc?)

Hey gal,

There are quite a number of Sephora(s) in Paris so you can get brands you can't find in Singapore. Check out Sephora's website to see the brands there. Maybe you can get the popular Dandelion blush by BeneFit.

As for brands you can find here, especially American brands, I'd say no point getting it over there because it is generally cheaper to purchase it here.

For French brands e.g. Lancome, Chanel, the prices are comparable to Singapore although I did hear that Charles De Gaulle airport has cheap Chanel items (which I didn't find). Sometimes you can find special packages like an eye cream with a mascara packaged together which can be quite a good buy.

Erm, I stayed a couple of months in Paris and to be frank, I hardly came across anything that would be considered a "good" cosmetic buy relative to purchasing in Singapore. For a rough idea, even general toiletries by l'oreal found in the supermarkets are about the same prices or more expensive.

You might want to consider the boutique perfumes though such as L'Artisan. And check out accessories, clothes from H & M, Etam (among others) which are somewhat similar to the Zara & Mango stores concept.

Comment

Not sure if these are cheaper in Paris but here' a couple off the top of my head..

L'Occitane for bath & body stuff
      T'Le Clerc cosmetics

Comment

STEPHANE MARAIS! (yeah I am shouting!) You MUST try this brand! A lot of make-up artists love this brand so much, e.g, Rick Chin who does Cecilia Cheung's, Anita Mui's, Karen Mok's make-up. He frequently recommend this brand on the newspaper. I tried this at the counter at Joyce Beauty and the texture is VERY VERY fine. I heard that the flagship is in a quite corner in Paris, so you may easily miss it. It's furnished in clean white.
        Somethings I really recommend you to look out

Eye gloss - a very special formula which gives a nice sheen but without the stickiness

Mascara - a star-product

Loose powder- super-fine, even finer than KP!

Cream Blush- similar texture as eye gloss but more pigmented!

Remember to check this brand out!

Comment

Do visit the Chanel boutiques (but I'm not quite sure if there are Chanel boutiques in Paris itself) - Chanel stocks some France-exclusive fragrances there!

Comment

I think skincare brands like Darphin and Caudalie are relatively cheaper there....and there's also Comptoir Sud Pacifique.....I think a 100 ml bottle is $65 euros....I think....

Comment

Caudalie! you can find that in Sephora.

also, check out the boutique perfumeries: Creed, Annick Goutal, L'Artisan. prices are cheaper than in sg.

Comment

Working...
              X