Monave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monave

Hi, I was wondering if any cotters here have heard of this brand or tried their makeup?

their loose mineral powder looks quite nice to me

http://www.monave.com/purchasemultipurposepowders.html

Hi inex! I tried samples of their foundation, but their shades are not catered towards asian skintones. This is a mineral makeup company, so the makeup application is slightly different from the usual makeup we are used to. There is a definite learning curve for applying mineral makeup.
    If you want to know more about mineral makeup, join this forum:
    Mineral Makeup Talk Forum

Comment

Monave has a sale going on right now. Buy a regular full size foundation and get a refill bag at $10.00. The refill bag is the same amount as the full size foundation.

for their foundation. They give generous samples, and i'm still using the foundation sample until now!
      You only need a few grains of foundation to cover the whole face, it is really impressive. And it covers really well too. Best of all, it doesn't cause any breakouts or clogged pores like normal makeup.

For those with really breakout prone skin, or sensitive skin that get clogged pores and blackheads easily, you should try using mineral makeup. There are alot of mineral makeup brands out there, but monave is one of the best. I've tried aromaleigh, and it doesn't even compare with Monave. Aromaleigh doesn't ship to Singapore either. You can buy samples from Monave.
      Last edited by clpersonal; 14-04-2004, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Actually I'm only interested in their eye makeup coz their colours look so nice.

I do hope there will be a spree on it, anyone keen?

But I'm afraid I can't be the one to organise one as I do not have a credit card

Comment

they only accept paypal right?

Comment

clpersonal, mind telling us which shade of foundation u are using?
            thanks!

Comment

I can't seem to log-in to the mineral makeup forum, and the administrator hasn't replied me either! Any suggestions? TIA

Comment

Originally posted by sugarbee
                I can't seem to log-in to the mineral makeup forum, and the administrator hasn't replied me either! Any suggestions? TIA
                You have to wait for a few days for the administrator to give you access. No worries meanwhile.

I'm using Paula, which is a touch darker, but not obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by clpersonal
                  You have to wait for a few days for the administrator to give you access. No worries meanwhile.

I'm using Paula, which is a touch darker, but not obvious.
                  Cl, how about Claire? U use this the same way as 2way foundation?

Comment

I've tried a sample of Claire too, but it is alittle too light.

It comes in a loose powder form, you can apply it with a sponge or a dense kabuki brush. To use as concealer, you can just use a concealer brush to dap more over the area, or you can mix with alittle of your zit cream/moisturiser to make it a cream concealer.
                    Or you can also apply with a damp brush or sponge to get even thicker coverage that still looks natural.
                    If you like the feel of liquid/cream foundation, just mix with your moisturizer or toner. It's really easy.

The thing about mineral makeup is that it is very versatile, if its too dark, just mix it with a lighter shade etc. The possibilities are endless.

Comment

Thanks! U got me into it again

Comment

Originally posted by inex View Post
                        Actually I'm only interested in their eye makeup coz their colours look so nice.

I do hope there will be a spree on it, anyone keen?

But I'm afraid I can't be the one to organise one as I do not have a credit card

hi there

I tried their make up before.. actually tried almost all the kinds of mineral make up available in the market. So far i think their stuff are not too bad. There is a local brand that i am using now thats around the same, if not better than theirs.

Comment

Working...
                        X