Shimmery white eyeshadow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shimmery white eyeshadow

Please forgive me if I am starting a new thread when I shouldn't be! Did a search and there didn't already seem to be a thread on this

I'm looking for a nice shimmery white e/s for using all round the eyes, upper and lower lashlines both. If you've seen the March issue of Allure you might know the look I'm trying to achieve Any recommendations? Whenever I use my MAC Gilded White pencil ppl always say it looks gold! So I want a "true" sort of white, not matte but shimmery, and e/s rather than eye kohl/pencil.

TIA!

stila's moonlight

Comment

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash e/s
      #1 (snow)

You get a whopping 2.6g of shimmery white e/s, but I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for ..

Comment

Originally posted by duckiee
        stila's moonlight
        Highly 2nd this. I love this as wash.
        You can try MAC vanilla or Nylon as well

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, girls! Will definitely check them out. I've also had an offer from a wonderful cotter (you know who you are ) to let me try Jane Iced Shadow in Frosting.

Edited to add: Stilafaux, I have Vanilla - came with the Hypnotique quad But it isn't quite what I'm looking for; it comes out on me more as a matte beigey colour. Good for highlight on the browbone though!
          Last edited by nywoe; 21-03-2004, 04:40 PM.

Comment

stila's moonlight
            Question, though: how does moonlight (which looks to be slightly silvery on the stila site) compare with chinois (looks whiter)? Is it just that moonlight is more shimmery while chinois is more matte? TIA!

Comment

stila's moonlight
              how much is this?

Comment

Originally posted by nywoe
                Question, though: how does moonlight (which looks to be slightly silvery on the stila site) compare with chinois (looks whiter)? Is it just that moonlight is more shimmery while chinois is more matte? TIA!
                chiniois was a matte bone white on me too stark if i use it alone but it works pretty well when i layer eyeshadows over it (colour's more vibrant )
                moonlight's much more wearable on me though! it a lovely shimmery white.

there's a site describing the stila eyeshadows with scans too. you might want to check it out

minminmin,
                there's a cosmetic price list pinned up in this forum... its pretty hard to miss it. prices of most brands are listed there stila eyeshadow pots are $28 and pans are $23 IIRC.

Comment

MAC White Frost! This is a veery popular one! Nylon is good too although it has a light yellow tinge. Alot frostier than White Frost. These two are my faves.

Comment

lancome eyeshadows are not too bad.. but under-rated.

Comment

Thanks babes! Gonna take advantage of Tangs 12% rebate to check out MAC, Stila and Lancome

Edited to add: duckiee, the link to the Stila e/s descriptions site doesn't seem to work :huh:

Comment

I have a lovely Shu Uemura off white /cream shimmery eye shadow. Can't recall the colour code off hand now but I think it's P 915. It's soft enough that I can wear it all over the whole lids. Stila Moonlight is another suggestion but I prefer the Shu.

Comment

Try:
                          Stila Moonlight
                          MAC Chill or White Frost

Comment

Originally posted by nywoe
                            Edited to add: duckiee, the link to the Stila e/s descriptions site doesn't seem to work :huh:
                            it doesn't? :huh:
                            it seems to work when i click on it

Comment

it doesn't? :huh:
                              it seems to work when i click on it
                              The site works for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X