cream and gel eyeshadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cream and gel eyeshadows

I read that cream or gel eyeshadows give that nice glossy dewy look to your eyelids but which are the ones that are crease-free and really have a nice gleaming finish? ( not the cream-to-powder sort)

Unfortunately, I doubt you can find one with a dewy finish and does not crease. I reckon there must be a certain amount of oil in the eyeshadow to give it the dewy look so it will definitely crease on you.

Comment

the only cream eyeshadow i've tried is the maybelline's trio - color lights (or something. cant remember ) it's very shimmery and doesn't crease on me; also, it stays on for very very long. i once lasted about 12 hours with it on fine. it's quite difficult to blend properly though, but maybe it's just my horrid make up skills and the glittery particles tend to be very 'spread-able', meaning if i rubbed my eye or brushed it lightly, i would have glitters on my fingers/face.

Comment

It's quite difficult to look a a glossy effect on the eye without creasing. Maybe switch to high shimmer formulas. I heard that Stephane Marais eye gloss are quite good but they are very expensive!

Comment

I sometimes use Mac's CCB (Hush) to create a more or less dewy effect but it does crease before midday. Perhaps you can try using vaseline as I read that's what some MAs use on their models for photoshoots. Can't imagine having this greasy stuff on my lids but I suppose it will work for a while?

Comment

Originally posted by consomme
            I sometimes use Mac's CCB (Hush) to create a more or less dewy effect but it does crease before midday. Perhaps you can try using vaseline as I read that's what some MAs use on their models for photoshoots. Can't imagine having this greasy stuff on my lids but I suppose it will work for a while?
            The vaseline trick is only for photographic uses. It will definately make your eyeshadow crease...

Comment

oh dear, looks like I'd better banish this idea then...

Comment

I read many years ago that Benefit's eyeshadows rated high in delivering such effects. I didn't read it first on MUA.. it's some other link.. sorry I can't recall anymore. Just went to the webbie and noticed they don't tag "creaseless" to their names now but most of the colours have remained (Naughty Feather, Nina's Nuggets).

Benefit Cosmetics

Comment

anyone know where can I buy creamy brown and peach eyeshadows with shimmers? i realise they last longer on my eyelids!

Comment

My fave cream e/s is Shiseido PN Sparkling Eyes. It applies as a cream and dries to a powder, but it stays very shimmery! I?d consider it looking almost dewy. It doesn?t crease on me at all and comes in some pretty colors!

Comment

erm, i feel i get this wet effect when i mix my napoleon eye dust with their sealant. maybe try wetting your brush when applying a very shimmery eyeshadow?

hths

Comment

second nutty's advice, applying your powder e/s wet will create a creamy look, for shimmer just use shimmery e/ses!

Comment

can all eyeshadows be used wet even if it doesn't state?
                          will it spoil the eyeshadow?

Comment

as far as i know most if not all powder e/s can be used wet. to prevent the entire pot of e/s getting spoilt just use a corner for wet e/s application. HTHs

Comment

I would like to recommend MAC paints they are really long lasting and work well as a base too. Doesn't crease even at the end of the day and helps your powder e/s stay on and on.

Comment

Working...
                              X