Double Eyelid Tape + MU for taped eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Eyelid Tape + MU for taped eyes

yoz, any eye shadow experts here? I just started taping my eyes for a deeper double eye effect. Its working pretty well, except I need some help on the eye shadow applications. do I apply the eyeshadow before or after the tapes? care to share any tips? tia!
    Last edited by xue; 16-08-2005, 11:55 AM.

Re: MU for Taped Eyes

Originally posted by Blu_Volka
    .............. do I apply the eyeshadow before or after the tapes? care to share any tips? tia!
    apply e/s definitely after or else the tape won't adhere to your lids properly.

from experience, best tape to use is 3M surgical tape in skin color. if the tape is adhered close to the lash line, use eye liner to disguise it (blend well) and the best part is you'll never have to worry about smudging liner again as liner is not apply directly onto lids which may turn oily later the day.

matte e/s are best used with tape but nowadays not many are matte.

Comment

thanks gal!!

Comment

Re: Re: MU for Taped Eyes

Originally posted by GG

from experience, best tape to use is 3M surgical tape in skin color
        Hi GG, may I know where can I purchase this? Can't find it in Popular book store.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: MU for Taped Eyes

Originally posted by Caffeine
          Hi GG, may I know where can I purchase this? Can't find it in Popular book store.
          no no no... don't think u can find surgical tape in book store dear....

Guardian Pharmacy... check out the bandage/surgical tapes section.... it comes in a roll. You'll have to practise cutting it to the desire shape!!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: MU for Taped Eyes

Originally posted by GG
            no no no... don't think u can find surgical tape in book store dear....

Guardian Pharmacy... check out the bandage/surgical tapes section.... it comes in a roll. You'll have to practise cutting it to the desire shape!!
            hehe..oh ya...surgical right..shouldn't be available in bookstore. tupid me...

Thx for the info. Will try Guardian.

Comment

Re: MU for Taped Eyes

Originally posted by Blu_Volka
              yoz, any eye shadow experts here? I just started taping my eyes for a deeper double eye effect. Its working pretty well, except I need some help on the eye shadow applications. do I apply the eyeshadow before or after the tapes? care to share any tips? tia!
              i wonder if i'm too late, but i have some recommendations.

i'm a single-eyelid girl, n i used to do part-time modeling.

for us (the single-eyelids girls ), if u really wan a dramatic look, combine ur taped eyes with fake eyelashes. i always use liquid eyeliner over the tape so it will cover it. n the fake eyelashes make it harder to be seen!!! hahaha, i'm sharing it with ya!

look at elva!! i think she's a single-eyelid girl.

as for e/s, if u wan it to stay n "stick" on n glide over ur tape, a cheaper alternative is to use red earth eye shadows. trust me, i'm a single-eyelid too!!!

anyway, jus to share some good news: i'm starting as a BA on monday, 28/6!! (beauty adviser)

Comment

reviving this thread!

How does one use double eyelid tape? What's the best tape available? Where can it be found?

Comment

Mezaik is good
                  Pros: Very natural looking. doesn't look obvious
                  Cons: same as normal double eyelids - e/s stick to creaseline

Comment

I want to try eyelid tape but I read somewhere that you can't wear eyeshadow then cos it won't stay on. You can only use like eyeliner. Is that true? TIA

Comment

i like daiso's one.. better than 3m, imo!

Comment

sorry to be so troublesome, but may i know where to find these?

Comment

Originally posted by ITangel
                          Mezaik is good
                          Agree that Mezaik is gd, but it took me a few times to get it right.

Comment

wow!

weird!!! On a whim, I bought the "eye tape" at the japanese grocery store! WEIRD!! It really works and looks crazily good?! It's from koji. The website is www.koji-honpo.co.jp

It's almost creepy! I'm going to my parents house to visit. We'll see if they notice. They don't notice much usually though; my sister has double lids, and I have single. I'm so surprised. The tape is like the invisible tape in little slices, but is not readily visible!

Weird.... I'll keep you posted on how they work out for the day. I thought I read somewhere that if you use it, you can train your eyelid to just do it on it's own. Anyone know if that's true?

Comment

15min update - i feel a bit odd

I'm having mixed emotions about having double lids. I've always liked being natural. It feels weird to be doing something like this. It's almost like..am I still me? I wonder what girl's w/eyelid surgery feel like. Do they love it afterwards? Do they feel like maybe they miss themselves? It's more of a strange feeling of "going against nature." I think all eyes are beautiful in their own way, but well...is anyone willing to share their opinions on double lids vs single lids?

I did find this article which made me feel better. It's not about having a caucasian eye. I'm not trying to assimilate. I grew up as an asian girl in a white world here where I live in the US. It's about having an easier time applying makeup for some of us not as talented at applying it and not wanting to look scary like those that don't apply it correctly or well. *struggling a bit* Oh well. Will keep you updated.

--------------------
                              Asian eyes
                              Some turn to glue or surgery for a new "look."
                              By Christina Valhouli

Feb. 16, 2000 | When most women get ready in the morning, they reach for lipstick, mascara and concealer. For Caroline (not her real name), 29, the makeup routine also includes glue, a brush and a mini-fork. It's not an emergency fondue kit. She's a Chinese-American hellbent on forcing a crease, or a fold, onto her eyelids and these are her tools. First she sweeps the glue above her eyes, then uses the fork to hike up her eyelid, and presses it into place. The skin stays folded for most of the day. She says it makes her eyes look bigger, prettier, and as some might argue, more Caucasian.

Sound unusual? Hardly. In Japan and Taiwan, stores sell tubes of eyelid glue and pre-cut tape that women use to create a fold. Other girls, says Caroline, "hold their eyelids back with toothpicks to 'train' them into place." But for those who balk at sticking toothpicks and forks in their eyes (visions of "A Clockwork Orange") there is a third option -- plastic surgery -- where a permanent crease is stitched into place and excess fat is sucked out of the eye socket.

While the procedure, formerly called blepharoplasty (from the Greek "blepharo" for eyelid, and "plasty" which means to shape) has been around since the '70s, more and more women -- and increasingly, men -- are having it done. According to the American Academy of Facial, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS), 167,000 blepharoplasty procedures were performed in 1998. Asian-Americans represented 7.5 percent of all patients undergoing facial cosmetic surgery in 1998.

Plastic surgeons say it is the most common procedure elected by Asian-Americans (and Asians in the Orient), followed by rhinoplasties and breast augmentation. Although the surgery is casually known as "the Asian eyelid surgery" it is not undergone solely by Asians. It's basically a good old-fashioned "eye lift," which gives the eye a fresher, younger appearance by pulling the skin up and back. The surgery isn't always done for cosmetic reasons. Normal aging can cause eyelids to droop and obscure vision; in some cases a blepharoplasty can be a necessity.

Naturally, the Asian eyelid surgery is a sticky issue and questions posed about it are often met with silence, a blast of anger or both (some critics call it "barfoplasty" because it makes them so sick.)

Carrie Chang, a 29-year-old Stanford graduate, is so horrified by the surgery that it inspired her to launch Monolid magazine in December. "Asians are becoming pro-assimilation and monolid is a buzzword for yellow power and not being ashamed of it. It says 'I don't want the surgery,'" says Chang. Monolid's premiere issue featured a profile of the band "Superchink" and a poem called "Recipe for Round Eyes" by Janice Mirikitani.

And while no one interviewed said they had the surgery to look more Caucasian, discussing it inevitably dissolves into a game of semantics. "People say, 'I want to look prettier, I want to look more awake.' But what does pretty mean? How does it come to mean a Western eye? As a historian, we have to look at how words come to mean what they mean," says Elizabeth Haiken, assistant professor at the University of British Columbia and author of "Venus Envy: The History of Plastic Surgery."

The word used by most of the women interviewed for this article was "makeup." They cited a problem with eye makeup as their primary incentive for having the surgery. Others said they simply wanted to look more "awake" or have a larger eye because it's universally prettier.

"I've never had a patient come in and specifically say, 'I want to look Caucasian,'" says Dr. Marc Yune, a Korean-American plastic surgeon and spokesman for the AAFPRS. "In fact, they specifically say, 'I don't want an American eye, I don't want a round eye.'" Dr. James Penoff says the number one factor that drives women to his Honululu office is complaints they can't wear false eyelashes.
                              Last edited by spbear; 22-08-2005, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X