NYC CPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC CPs

hi girls! a friend of mine is off to nyc for a holiday and she offered to buy stuff for me while she's there. any recommendations for must-have cosmetic products from the us? it would preferably be stuff she could get from one place like sephora so that she doesn't have to do too much running around.

so far what i have in mind is:
    - benefit hoola, dandelion, maybe georgia
    - nars blush, maybe in deep throat or orgasm
    - cheek stain from tarte?
    - fresh edp! (altho this isn't cosmetics strictly speaking )

your recommendations appreciated

as michannat would say, TOCCA CANDLES!

(from chemists - duane reid would have i think)
    - OPI nail polishes
    - Nailtek
    - tweezerman

(from sephora)
    - philosophy
    - fresh bath products

Comment

Originally posted by vixette
      as michannat would say, TOCCA CANDLES!

(from chemists - duane reid would have i think)
      - OPI nail polishes
      - Nailtek
      - tweezerman

(from sephora)
      - philosophy
      - fresh bath products
      thanks vixette!

ok, i'll go look at the tocca thread for candle scents. i think she's going to the tocca store anyway so shouldn't be a problem.

i'm looking at the philo stuff right now the cargo blushes are tempting too - especially this cargo beach blush!

Comment

i love my philosophy bath stuff. right now it's only the white chocolate hazelnut cake and strawberry icecream body wash. want more!

Tocca is available at Saks too i think.

beach blush looks pretty!

Comment

woww. you lucky girl Nywoe! the beach blush looks heavenly.

Comment

heehee yeah trying to restrain myself with my list! she's as much a shopaholic as i am, so i know she'll want plenty of space in her luggage for her own buys

i think that probably means i need to forgo the tocca candles :'( but i'm definitely getting something from cargo; if not that beach blush then some other shade because i've heard so many raves about their blushes!

edited: ooh i went to saks.com and realised the tocca votives are actually only 3 1/2" tall! that's not so very big...hmm but i'm just concerned the glass will make it heavy.
            Last edited by nywoe; 23-04-2004, 08:00 PM.

Comment

nywoe, are you into clothes?
              try A&F, Urban Outfitters, Hollister & probably Victorias Secrets?

Comment

I would say the Stila eyeshadow duos at Sephora!

Also some NARS Multiples like Portofino and St. Barts~

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by duckiee
                  nywoe, are you into clothes?
                  try A&F, Urban Outfitters, Hollister & probably Victorias Secrets?
                  oh i am so into clothes like you wouldn't believe my friend doesn't like gap/old navy ( :huh: ) so i'll probably not ask her to get stuff from there although i love the stuff from those places!

ok will take a look at the sites and see if there's anything that strikes my fancy.

stilafaux: ooh yes! must have a NARS multi

oh dear... ok i'm going to allow myself FIVE m/u items ONLY! must...be...disciplined!

thanks, girls!

Comment

nywoe, how long will your friend be there?

IIRC, A & F and urban outfitters aren't exactly v easy to get to cos they're not close to the shopping stretches.
                    but i love the VS there. TWO storeys of VS goodness. yay.

must go century 21, maybe she might be able to pick up cheap CK lingerie and CK, DKNY, Miss Sixty jeans there for you.

Comment

Originally posted by vixette
                      nywoe, how long will your friend be there?

IIRC, A & F and urban outfitters aren't exactly v easy to get to cos they're not close to the shopping stretches.
                      but i love the VS there. TWO storeys of VS goodness. yay.

must go century 21, maybe she might be able to pick up cheap CK lingerie and CK, DKNY, Miss Sixty jeans there for you.
                      she'll be in the states for 2 1/2 weeks but is flying over to the west coast for a few days i believe. she's also going to this place called woodbury's? it's out of nyc and is this complex of big-brand factory outlets. sigh... wish i was going but she's going with her bf and i don't want to be lamppost! haha. my SO can't get leave so i couldn't have dragged him along

ok will let her know about century 21. i went there last time i was in nyc... when WTC was still standing =0

Comment

Re: NYC CPs

- US-exclusive Chanel glossimers : Black Tie, Jaipur, Sirop (USD24)
                        - Urban Decay Afterglow blushers : LOUNGE! (USD 1

Edited with prices.

Comment

Re: Re: NYC CPs

Originally posted by jeannette
                          - US-exclusive Chanel glossimers : Black Tie, Jaipur, Sirop (USD24)
                          - Urban Decay Afterglow blushers : LOUNGE! (USD 1

Edited with prices.
                          hey Jeannette! am on the sephora site now, but i only see two shades for UD blushes :huh: is Lounge new?

Comment

Oh dear, I hope they didn't phase it out! It's a shade which goes very well on olive skin tones (light or medium) - it's a raspberry bronze shade. In the alternative you may like Paranoid (tawny honey) or X (golden peach). They are very pigmented but very easy to blend, and the colours are superb! Paranoid and X look really good on fair skins.

Gosh! Sephora! Never mind, I'll satisfy myself with Isetan tomorrow.

Comment

Yup, they only have those two shades on the site now. Oh wells. Thank you anyway My list is expanding!! Aagh I shall and MUST cut it down to FIVE things only. Otherwise this friend will become an ex-friend heheheh

Comment

Working...
                              X