Multi-taskers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-taskers

Thought of starting this thread of us to share cosmetic items which can be used for more than one purpose. With this, we can share time saving techniques we use when rushing for work/dates, as well as how to down-size our cosmetic pouch when we go travelling!

For myself, I love BeneFit Dandelion. I use it as:

1. A highlighter for my forehead and nose bridge
    2. A blusher
    3. An eye definer. I use a broad eyeshadow shader brush and swipe some Dandelion as a wash on my lids on days which I do not want to put on eye-shadow. I feel that this gives some definition to my eyes, and the very subtle shimmers in Dandelion is very flattering too

Comment

Cosmetics wise, I can't really think of any particular multi-tasker although there are tonnes of 2-1 or 3-1 products out there. I find these things work really well for one area and not so great for others. I like Stila's CCs although I feel they work better on cheeks than lips. Then, there's the Convertible Eye Color too, like a liner and powder e/s in one. MAC's Cream Color Base are tauted as multi-taskers but they are horrible on eyes. And some colours can't be used on lips.

Skin wise, I like LO's Shea Butter since I can use this for dry, flaky skin everywhere and my lips They have a travel sized tin. EA's 8 Hour Cream was a particular favourite of mine and I even bought a second tube. However the medicinal scent got to me and I decided to swap it off.

Gosh, I'm terrible on this topic because I can't think of what else to post... I'll go sit in a corner now.

Comment

MAC Pigments!

They can be used for eyes, Lips with gloss & adds a shimmery touch to blusher too.

As i dont usually carry around a lip brush, & dont like the idea of contaminating my pigments I still keep them mainly for the eyes.

Comment

Definitely MAC's cream colour base. I think most shades can be used on lips and i do like the texture, sheer and very blendable coverage.

Stila's CC is great for the cheeks but hopeless for lips i think!

Comment

Originally posted by vit_c
            MAC Pigments!

They can be used for eyes, Lips with gloss & adds a shimmery touch to blusher too.

As i dont usually carry around a lip brush, & dont like the idea of contaminating my pigments I still keep them mainly for the eyes.
            Some pigments aren't eye safe, and some aren't lip safe though. Be careful, dear!

Comment

pigments cause eye infections in me!

one multi-tasker i guess would be Stila AOS. similar to Vonnie, i use it on my eyes and i suppose it can be used as a highlighter or a blusher on the cheeks as well. i got AOS 9, a sheer bronze.

Comment

Bloom Sheer Colour Creme. I use it as a highlighter, blusher, eyeshadow and lipcolour!

Comment

MAC Pigments: Be careful of using MAC glitters on your eyes, especially the ones which don't have much adhesive power, e.g. Absolute Gold. I was dishing out some samples for swaps the other day when one glitter flew into my eye...OUCH!

I like MAC Eye Kohls because they double up as eyeshadows at the same time!

Comment

For me, it's lipstick as cream blusher I've given up on those 2-in-1 products for cheeks & lips cos they usually are only good for the cheeks.

Comment

i can only think of tinted moisturiser with built in spf

and probably powder foundation when i'm going out for a short while only & skip concealer.

Comment

Old mascara!

I change my mascara every 3 months. Those old mascara in black, dark brown or clear will become my brow gel for a while until a new batch of mascara in another 3 months. I only gel my end tip of the brow lightly so even dark mascara doesn't look too harsh. The wet formula is perfect as brow gel & your hair will not be too spiky.

I always use peach, pink, fushia eyeshadow or blush for both eye and face mu when I feel a bit bored about my mu collection.

Comment

Originally posted by nywoe
                          Some pigments aren't eye safe, and some aren't lip safe though. Be careful, dear!
                          Yes, that's why I normally follow instructions. If that's a blusher, I will use it on cheek/under eye area (depending on colors). I wont use something that's for eyes on my lips or vice versa.

But for shimmers/glitters like Inuovi Diamond dust, its okay to use for eyes, and I will use it all over my face or on cheek area too.

Comment

I like to use hihglighting products that aren't too shimmery as cream eyeshadow or eyeshadow base.

Comment

Hi there,
                              As I love the color (Rosy Cheeks) of my blush delice so much I tried to apply the color on my lips, followed by a layer of gloss. I love the result! It didn't bother my super dry and sensitive lips. However, I wonder is it safe to do so? :huh:

Comment

Working...
                              X