Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEST pimple/blemish concealer

Hi everyone, im so happy i found this board! Its awesome

Anyways, i am on the hunt for a very good full coverage concealer to cover up blemishes and pimples. (i have acne-prone skin ) I don't use a concealer for under-eye.

I thought of just using a full coverage foundation at first, but until i find a good enough one, i thouht i'd try a good concealer.

Ones i have in mind to try are :
    --- Becca concealer
    --- Shu Ueruma pro spots concealer (is this the same as the pro concealer?)
    --- Mac Pot concealer

Hmmm that's about all i know of. My skin is very dry on the surface. Any recs?

Just a side note, does anyone know how much the Chanel Vitalumiere creme foundation costs here? I really want to try it...but some people say its full coverage, some say its definatley not. :huh:

Thanks so much!!

I'm actually lemming the SHU prospots too...I tried it out at the counter and it covers really well but some people find it too thick to blend..however, it's out of my budget right now...I'm really broke so gotta wait for someone's birthday to get 20% off! For the time being, I'm using I Nouvi perfector concealer and it works great too...it's a cream consistency that dries to a powdery finish and I feel that the coverage is more opaque than most concealers. the most important thing is, it doesn't make my zits worse when I apply it.

Comment

i use ettusais.. coverage isn't that fantastic though

how's the shu? is it supposed to help heal the zits or is it just a normal concealer?

Comment

The Shu Pro Spots Concealor is just a concealor, doesn't heal the pimples. The texture is very thick and pigmented so it covers zits very well. The applicator is a small plastic tip but I find it easier and more natural looking using a small brush or fingers to apply. The shades are quite limited though. Am a RMK 102 and have this in 7YR Medium.

Comment

Thanks for all your replies. Visee, how much is the pro spots concealer? Is it the same as the pro concealer? Or are there 2 different kinds?

Good to hear it covers zits very well =)

Comment

Pro spots concealer is in a tube form with a plastic tip. That's the one that's extremely pigments and can cover very well. But it is also drying for me because it accentuate the flakiness like no other concealer.

Pro concealer is the cream on in pan form. I have no tried that though...

Mac Pot broke me out like mad. I totally swore off that. I nouvi is great, cheap for the quality too.

You can try Lancome's photogenic concealer. It's a cream to powder type and it covers well but looks so natural that you don't even look like u have concealer on.

I am using KP stick concealer now. It's expensive and i find the quality so-so. Coverage is rather good but it cakes up big time and fades off by mid afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Racer_girl
              Thanks for all your replies. Visee, how much is the pro spots concealer? Is it the same as the pro concealer? Or are there 2 different kinds?

Good to hear it covers zits very well =)
              Racer_girl, it's $46. It covers well, but do try it out on your skin before buying. I don't think mine is an exact match for my skin, so sometimes if I apply too much, it just accentuates the zit instead of covering. Like what elaine said, I think the pro concealor is the one in the square pan. The Pro Spots is meant specially for zits, and comes in a wand with a plastic applicator.

Comment

Originally posted by elainetsai
                Pro spots concealer is in a tube form with a plastic tip. That's the one that's extremely pigments and can cover very well.

You can try Lancome's photogenic concealer. It's a cream to powder type and it covers well but looks so natural that you don't even look like u have concealer on.

For those who have tried prospots before, does it slip after a while? and the Lancome photogenic one sounds good! is it suitable for oily skin? quite worried that I'll break out.

Comment

Thanks! wow...$46, ya better try first heh

Might check out lancome photogenic too. Does it provide full coverage for pimples though? And is it ok for dry skin? (sorry to say the total opp from grace!)

Comment

Originally posted by gracegan
                    For those who have tried prospots before, does it slip after a while? and the Lancome photogenic one sounds good! is it suitable for oily skin? quite worried that I'll break out.
                    it's quite longlasting, esp if you set it with powder. but it might look a little cakey after a while if the layer is too thick. i would think this is more suitable for oily skin, as the texture is quite dry.

Comment

I swear by my Ettusais concealer.. I use a concealor brush to apply it though. this step is extremely important i find as a proper concealor brush helps to "flatten" pimple scars and give a more natural finish. i use it to blend off the edges as well.
                      however, they have limited colour range.

Comment

i'm using Ettusais concealer too. generally it's good coz it's specially for covering blemishes, with properties of healing (correct me if i'm wrong) acne/blemishes. yeap, agree that there's limited colors. the lightest color generally match my skin tone, but doesn't cover the darker scars or acne/blemishes.

Comment

Originally posted by gracegan

It's too thick for my liking and blending is tough. But it is really good in concealing.

Comment

I do not have the habit of using concealer until recently. So i do not have much basis of comparison for it..many years ago, i use one from chanel but didnt work well on me...probably I still have not grasp the technique of using it back then. But recently, bought one that is custom blended the concealer and it comes in a mini circular container. But like i said, i have yet to try other better ones in the market, so I do not know how good it is on a scale of comparison. But the coverage is good for redness and pimple scars, thou not so effective for pimples. Since it is custom blended to suit my skin colour plus it is inexpensive, I am very satisfied with it

Comment

I just bought my Bobbi Brown Blemish Cover Stick Concealer (2.5g, S$39). Although it is a bit expensive if comparing to my old concealer - The Body Shop Tea Tree Concealer, 5g S$15, the coverage is much better. Bobbi Brown got more choices for the colours, my previous TBS concealer is too white for my face. The SA in BB recommended Porcelain for me. The colour matches my face colour well. My face is clean and scarless after applying BB concealer. Some more, BB concealer helps to heal the blemish at the same time. I had checked the ingredients, this concealer is safe from Comedogenic ingredients. The main ingredient is Kaolin.

I have used it for 3 days, no new beakout in the covered areas. I am very happy.
                              Last edited by Shon; 20-10-2003, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X