How to wear orange eyeshadow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to wear orange eyeshadow?

Is there a way that this shade can look flattering? I have it in a palette and don't know how to use it. It's quite matte by the way. Not shimmery.

Try pairing it with greens.
    E.g. MAC's bitter on lid/crease with Orange on the brow

Comment

Browns would also be a good option as well.

Comment

Neutral taupe base + wash of orange? Brown liner. Keep everything else neutral. My friends said I looked very 'orange.' Oh well, experimentation is the key to success!

Comment

Orange + Gold
          Orange + Yellow
          Orange + Pink
          ORange + Red

All = sunset eyes

Orange + Green = tropical eye!

Comment

Great suggestions but i can only pair the matte orange shadow with shimmery colours and not mattes ones? Can matte go with shimmery on the same eye?

Usually i use matte with matte and shimmery with shimmery.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarbean
              Great suggestions but i can only pair the matte orange shadow with shimmery colours and not mattes ones? Can matte go with shimmery on the same eye?

Usually i use matte with matte and shimmery with shimmery.
              of course you can!

Comment

If you want the effect of all over shimmer, just brush some neutral shimmer e/s like Shroom lightly over Something I picked up from the fellow cotters here

Comment

how about as a blusher? since it's matt, u could mix it with shimmery pinks, effect would be like NARS orgasm

Comment

I think it'll look good with green, pink or purple. TBS had an eye palette with white, green and orange combination and white, green and purple combination not too long ago. Saw the makeup they did on a model in cleo, not bad

Comment

today i bought the wrong colour of shadestick ... instead of the brown i got mangomix... any suggestion how to wear this shade?

Comment

A golden orangey brown like Mangomix is too warm for my liking. To tone it down, I would love to 'pink' it. Pairing it with med to dark pink and chocolate (pink-based) brown.

And for my method of creating a smokey eye,
                        I would blend a colourful shade like Mangomix from lid till it extends into the contour (i.e. visible when I open my eyes). I would then blend a really dark intense shade (any colour) over the lid until it peeks through when I open my eyes, highlighted by the first colour visible above it.

Comment

oh........ got that! thanks dearie! would try this tomorrow..

edit: remove quote
                          Last edited by duckiee; 27-05-2004, 10:09 PM.

Comment

i love wearing orange with blue, turqouise shades, im not a fan of brown shades ( make my blue eyes look terrible) but brown and orange are a great combination also, gold and orange, camel and orange are great too

Comment

last night the vain me tried!! I shade mangomix on my eyelid..
                              top with light beige to tone down a little.. then line with dark brown eyeliner.. looks good..

Comment

Working...
                              X