Stila Eyeshadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stila Eyeshadows

Do let us know ur Fave Stila eyeshadows!! And why does the colour work for you? ShAre sHaRe
    i'll get the ball rolling!! Cuz i just joined the stila craze, i have only 6 stila e/s so far- Jade, ChaCha, Poise, Bouquet, Pigalle and Jezebel.
    I *love* jade(shimmery forest green) and chacha(light green with littlest shimmer) together, looks wonderful for both night and day! Jezebel too, is a plummy brown shimmery shade, great alone for daytimes...

My fav all-rounded Stila e/s is Kitten. It goes well with everything. Very intense and highly pigmented and can be blended easily. It can be worn by itself or I wear it as base with Golightly on the lids. That's my fav combo.... it's a natural day look.

Green combo: Kahlo as base, La Douce and Jade on the lids
    Pink combo: Heather as base and Grace on lids
    Plum: Heather as base and Viola on lids
    Grey: Cloud as base and Pewter on lids
    Brown: Oasis as base and Expresso on lids

Comment

heh alright I love Stila e/s!! but lately have abandoned them for MAC instead I find that stila has better texture being smoother and lasts longer without creasing though the pretty colours at MAC have me running to their counter just as often!!

Like CaramelGirl I adoree Kitten!! I use this with almost every other e/s I have...from neutrals like jezebel (burnt peach) and Golightly to stuff like Jewel blue, Paradisco, Tilt (MAC). It brightens up my eye area and also works well as a highlighter

I'm pretty fond of Jezebel and I loveee Pewter!!! Its a dark gunmetal colour that's suppperr gorgeous as a liner and for a smokey eye!!

I also have

Wheat (neutral beigey shimmer, no frost very natural)

Mango (orange e/s with a hint of pink. This is d/c)

Moonlight (white highlighter... maybe very very little off white. seldom use this though )

Lempicka (also d/c nice pale yellow e/s works well as a highlighter...comes on mainly pale gold)

Golightly (Brown with olive tones...very pretty in the crease)

And also the Stila mod #3 trio...though I find the e/s there not as good as the ones you buy singly as they are harder and less pigmented.

Trying to find Kiwi soooo if anyone does happen to have 1 and wants to give me up pls pls pls PM me!! It'll help me end a year long search for it!

Comment

Ask me about Stila shadows and I'll spew 1001 good things about them :o) I have so many favourites that it's hard to just pick one. I normally post up Stila 'looks' on my FOTD, so you probably know my LOVE for them *lol*

For light, pastel looks:
        Heather, Kalo, Cha Cha, Shell, Sweetheart, Charm.

For heavier looks:
        Barefoot Contessa, Sable, Poise (if you really pile it on), Sage, Pewter, Twig, Viola, Amethyst.

Good bases:
        Ecru, Chinois, Grace, Launey, Cloud.

Shimmery highlighters:
        Kitten (the most shimmery of the lot), Starlight, Twilight, Moonlight (basically anything with 'light' in the name).

I do experiment quite a bit with Stila. Their shadows are amazing when used wet... any of them! So much more intense, not to mention last longer too. Just a light spritz of water on your brush, dab excess on tissue and apply shadow. A tip... do get a good blending brush (something shaped like the pointy end of their #15 brush is good) because it make s a huge difference :o)

Comment

Sorry to butt in on eyeshadow raves but can anyone teach me how to remove the eyeshadow pans from a stila palette? I wanna take out the pans from my Mod look palette... TIA!~

Comment

The SA at Stila told me the easiest way is to use a pen knife. I've just tried doing that on my Mod Look 2, pretty easy. First, point the sharp edge of the pen knife at point X (between metal pan and the palette). Engage some pressure to pry out the metal pan. And presto!! there u have it !!

Comment

oh!~ thanks caramel, in came out easily just like you said!~ another question though... is it only the palettes with the bigger pans that are secured by magnets? i tried the same trick on my creme bouquet look book but the small pans don't seem to budge... they're glued on?

Comment

Yup sadly... some are glued on. I got the Sun e/s in pot. I tried prying it out to put in my monthly 3 pan palette, it's so difficult, I ended up with a nip on the e/s. lucky it's only a small one. Then I found out the metal pan is actually glued to the pot, that's why it's so difficult. Perhaps the same apply to your look book. Maybe u wanna try covering your e/s with a cupboard as a protection.

Comment

Originally posted by consomme
                  I do experiment quite a bit with Stila. Their shadows are amazing when used wet... any of them! So much more intense, not to mention last longer too. Just a light spritz of water on your brush, dab excess on tissue and apply shadow. A tip... do get a good blending brush (something shaped like the pointy end of their #15 brush is good) because it make s a huge difference :o)
                  I've the #15 brush and I sort of hated the small pointy end as I do not know how to use it properly and feel that it's so soft!
                  Any tips?

Btw, I've peacock, starlight, angel quad and ceylon green quad. My favourite is the ceylon green quad! The shadows are so smooth and pigmented!

Comment

Thanks again caramel sweetie!~ Sorry to hear about your poor nipped pan... sounds like you have many other pretty stila eyeshadows though!~

Comment

Before I was on the Stila craze, I bought a few of their e/s in pots to try out. Then i discovered how wonderful they are, I started collecting them. Now they are nicely rested in my 3 pan palettes. I have Jan-Jun. I love all of them cos they are handy to be taken for travel or to gym. I'm sure my collection is still small compared to some of u.
                      Last edited by CaramelGirl; 18-06-2004, 01:50 AM.

Comment

woo this thread is baaad! i now want the Jade eyeshadow and Pewter!!

Comment

I've seen pewter, it's really nice...dark grey with shimmers! but i held back on buying it as I do not really use dark shadows often and is likely to smudge my eyes bad if I did!

Comment

Originally posted by islande
                            woo this thread is baaad! i now want the Jade eyeshadow and Pewter!!
                            not as evil as the MAC eyeshadows thread
                            jade & pewter are both gorgeous! i generally try to refrain from buying single pans/pots of eyeshadows cause they end up being so expensive in the long run (plus, how often do i use them :roll: ) so i try to stick to ready made palettes but i do have a single jade pan. very very pretty green

i love their darker colours but am trying to resist them - pewter, cassis, storm, viola.

Comment

lol. duckiee, they're both as evil!!

on a sidenote, i reallyreally like Mischa Barton's makeup in The OC! they make her cheeks and lips look sooo glowy and summery!

Comment

Working...
                              X