MAC Shadesticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAC Shadesticks

The Shadesticks testers are IN! I swiped some of them and they are budge proof albeit harder to blend than the Paints. They do deliver vibrant colour and I suspect they'd be great bases.

The stock will probably come in on Friday.

btw, Tangs 12% rebate will be from 24 (Mon) - 26(Wed) May, so you might want to wait for that

Edited to add that you'll have to ask the MA nicely if you want to see them. They aren't displayed since the stock isn't in yet.
    Last edited by makeupmag; 19-05-2004, 07:14 PM.

SHADESTICKS ARE ON SALE!!!!!

I bought Taupographic and Lucky Jade at MAC Robinsons today

Comment

do update on how they are! they look so pretty!

Comment

Shadesticks

courtesy of chouay of MUA - only the first 11 are shadestick swatches

Texture-wise, I have to say they're a little more crayon-like than I thought they would be. I basically pictured "paints-on-a-stick", which isn't what they are at all, as Mag has pointed out. But they are still fun to use nonetheless, and I anticipate using this mostly on days when I'm running too late to bother with my powder e/s. One swipe, blend a bit with the finger (MA advised using a brush, but I think finger will do just fine) and off I go! Conceptually they are similar to Origins' Underwear for Lids, if you are familiar with those. But these feel less greasy, so I think they're likely to last longer on.

Colour-wise, the range is not bad. Taupographic is sort of shimmery brown. They have a few other neutrals which you could use as base colours. Lucky Jade is a lovely green, almost but not-quite like Juxt. I tested them side by side when I got home. I thought Sea Me would be like Out To Sea, but it isn't, it's more blue than turquoise. The pinks are very sweet. There's also a vibrant purple (Royal Hue), but a bit too vibrant for my taste. I almost got Mangomix, which is kind of a shimmery gold-orange, but it looked a little bit toooo orange on the back of my hand, so maybe I'll have a think about that. It does look as if it would be lovely with Amber Lights, those sorts of colours. Maybe Powersurge to line.

They also have two new fragrances for those of you into their fragrances
        Last edited by nywoe; 20-05-2004, 09:41 PM.

Comment

how much are the shadesticks?

Comment

thanks so much for the great reviews!!!

really tempted now. I want a simple easy base that would light up my eyes and can be applied in a jiffy.

Comment

thanks for the review!
              shadesticks sounds so tempting now!

Comment

Wow, thanks Nywoe! Now I am having mixed feelings with the paints or the shadesticks. I would check them out soon.
                *chants ...spending ban spending ban.*

edited to add: By the way, is it going to be LE or not? Thanks!

Comment

yeah do let us know how much they are

Comment

Originally posted by Alya
                    how much are the shadesticks?
                    $27

Michelle: not sure if it is LE

Comment

THANKS SO MUCH for the info and detailed review, nywoe! I'd intially thought they'd be $30. They're not LE btw. *whew*

Comment

Thanks so much Makeupmag (sounds so catchy) and Nywoe!

Comment

[email protected] going to check them out CK Tang later to check out!!!!!!!!
                          hahahahahah

Comment

finally checked out the counter and i'm glad to say no lemmings! tons of pretty stuff but not pretty enough for me to get them

Comment

Duckiee > were the colours pretty sheer or can it be layered on?
                              I so want to go down but I can't coz I was held up at school

Comment

Working...
                              X