MAC Select, Select Tint SPF 15 & Studio Finish Matt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAC Select, Select Tint SPF 15 & Studio Finish Matt

I finishing my current foundation soon, and I personally would like to find something that is below budget of SGD50 and stays matter than my current foundation more than 4-5 hrs.

Has anyone use them, for quite awhile?
    1)How long have you been using it?
    2)Does it clog pores?
    3)Stay matte and hydrate as it says it does?
    4)Does it causes any breakouts?

Here 2 foundations that catch my attention as it is water based and not oily and says it stay matte... True?

STUDIO FINISH MATTE
    Lightweight foundation which supplies moderate coverage with a natural, matte appearance. A water-based formula designed to set to a beautiful, matte, long-lasting finish, it is a mixture of water, emulsifiers and emollients that suspends the pigments for delivery to the skin. Easy to apply and blend, it has an SPF of 8 and is non-comedogenic and dermatologist tested. This foundation contains a derivative of Vitamin E, several emollients to make the skin feel comfortable, and Silica to help adsorb oils and maintain a matte finish. The pigment payoff is consistent under a variety of lighting conditions. There will be no colour shifts or overexposure surprises as a result of using this foundation.
    1.6 fl oz 50 mL

SELECT SPF 15
    Our water-based liquid foundation. Combines medium coverage with SPF 15. Provides a fresh, hydrated finish. Layers up, lasts long: helps protect the skin all day. Non-oily. 21 shades. Best way to baby your skin!
    1 oz 30 mL
    Last edited by duckiee; 13-05-2006, 03:01 PM.

i've tried select spf15 before and it's not consistent on me! some days, i shine really fast (even though i'm in an aircon room) & some days i stay matte :huh:

no breakouts, sheer coverage. i got a sample from the counter & used it a couple of times only, not impressed enough to get a full size & i was puzzled with how i could be shiny & matte you should go check it out @ the counters & ask for a sample so you'd know how it performs on you

Comment

I always thought I have to buy something from them before I can get any samples out of them..haha.. Maybe I will.. Hope I can get both type of samples? Where did u get yours?

Comment

i got mine @ the tangs counter..

Comment

I used a sample of MAC select SPF15 and here are my views.

I got a sample in a swap and was really keen on getting the full sized one. I got it and it made me breakout after two weeks and I have pretty oily skin.

2)Does it clog pores?
          read qns 4's answer.

It is hydrating and did stay matte for about 3-4 hours with a coat of loose powder.

I did not have any breakouts after using this but gave me little skin bumps which I do not know what is it . I have a feeling it might be clogged pores.

Hope this helps!

Comment

I used the SPF 15 for a year.

2)Does it clog pores?

Not mine.

No, it does not stay matte - it actually becomes a little dewy towards the end of the day, for me. It sets very well as the day passes.

Not for me.

It photographs well for me and I like the velvety texture it imparts.

I used the Studio Finish Matte on and off for 2-3 years. It keeps well because it's in a tube.

2)Does it clog pores?

No.

No, its beauty lies in its soft finish. It isn't entirely matte yet it isn't overtly oily/dewy either! So I gues it does 'hydrate' in a way?

No.

This is discontinued and a fave with some US MAC fans. I would repurchase but I'm too taken with the Hyperreal SPF 15 atm!

Ask the MAC MAs for samples. Go in the morning, the morning MAs are kind and since they're not busy they attend to you well.

Comment

Hyperreal SPF 15 is also under Mac?

Overall, I guess Studio Finish Matte seems safer for me to try. Thanks girls!

Comment

hmm...Mag seems to have good results with Matte. but i didn't like it at all. used only 20% of it and the rest has been sitting in my drawer, waiting to go Back-2-MAC.

i prefer Hyperreal for the slight glowy finish it imparts. tried select SPF 15 too. it's so-so on me only.

sometimes when i want a slightly matte finish, i use the hyperreal, and top up with loose powder on Tzone area.

Comment

m.a.c select tint spf 15

hey ladies...
                  i was searching for the above mentioned product price and i can only find the price applicable at the airport...

so is it right to say that its not available in town and any other m.a.c counters?
                  pls help me kays.. thank
                  Last edited by fashionassassin; 13-05-2006, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Isn't this the tinted moisturizer that came with Icon collection? If it is, it's LE in Singapore, I believe. You can call up the counters (numbers are in the pinned up thread) to check for its availability.

Comment

har? it's LE ah? i thought it's one of the normal range le... thought i would get it next time... jeez...

Comment

Originally posted by llucidity
                        Isn't this the tinted moisturizer that came with Icon collection? If it is, it's LE in Singapore, I believe. You can call up the counters (numbers are in the pinned up thread) to check for its availability.
                        thanks...i'll call the counters soon-ish

Comment

Have you considered the new Studio Fix Fluid? It's good for oily skins as well.

For SFF,
                          About 1.5 months

2)Does it clog pores?
                          Nope, and it also helps to conceal/reduce the appearance of large pores

It stays matte for a very long time and is not drying. It has a velvety smooth texture that glides on like a dream.

Not for me, and I haven't really heard anything about it causing breakouts for anyone at all.

Comment

Can a kind angel please recommend me a light foundation (from MAC range) for sheer coverage & preferably some oil control? TIA!

Comment

SFF definitely! It's my HG fdtn and it's really

Comment

Working...
                              X