Singapore Airport Beauty Counters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airport Beauty Counters

Dear mods, I wasn't sure where to put this thread, so if it's in the wrong place please put it where it should be - thanks!

I just wanted to ask - I'll be returning to S'pore soon and want to buy some Origins and MAC stuff at the airport duty-free.

I know MAC has a store at Terminal 2 Departure/Transit Central #026-108, but my flights will land at and depart from T1, and I read in one of the recent airport newsletters that MAC now has a store at T1 as well, so I'd be most grateful if someone could tell me where it is! (I think Stella works at MAC at the airport, right?)

With regard to Origins, is that at T1 Departure/ Transit Central?

Many many thanks in advance anyone who can help!

Love
    chillipadi
    xx
    Last edited by atypical; 01-12-2003, 01:22 PM.

i believe the origins, stila and MAC counter are at the same place in T1. think you shouldn't miss it while coming out. even my dad managed to find it when i told him to go get some stuff for me.

Comment

Thanks babyflite!

'Coming out' - is that in the arrivals hall then? It would be great if I could get the stuff I need upon arrival instead of when I fly out from Singapore again.

Comment

you can buy stuff both on arrival and departure. except if you purchase while entering singapore, you'll have to pay 4% GST.

Comment

Yikes. No point in buying upon arrival then if I can't make use of the duty-free benefit! Departure it will have to be then. Thanks babyflite!

Comment

chillipadi, the counters are in the middle section of the departure/transit area. As you come out from the aerobridge, do not go down the escalator to the immigration counters.

The only shops in the arrival hall are DFS liquor and some perfume and cosmetics and these are located after the immigration counter.

Comment

Ah, I see - got it! Thanks keiko I've obviously given my brain leave... of course the transit area's accessible by both incoming and outgoing passengers!

I gather the tax waiver only applies if you're leaving S'pore though, as babyflite's said?

Comment

Originally posted by chillipadi
                Ah, I see - got it! Thanks keiko I've obviously given my brain leave... of course the transit area's accessible by both incoming and outgoing passengers!

I gather the tax waiver only applies if you're leaving S'pore though, as babyflite's said?
                yes dear, the SA will ask for the departing flight number for the gst exemption. All purchases from incoming passengers are subject to taxes.

Comment

Got it Not confused anymore

Comment

Not to worry which terminal your flight is departing or arriving. The terminals are all interconnected. You can check in at T1 where your counter is, then go over to T2 and pass through immigration there.

Or you can pass through immigration at T1 then walk over to T2 using the internal skytrain or just walk.

Comment

Thanks for the info zjaninez

Comment

Mac Operating hrs in T2

jus a side track qns:
                        what time do the MAC counter opens in the morning. My flight is in the morning, 0815hrs, wil i be able to buy anything?

Comment

Err, q's about 4% tax, does it apply for non-Singaporean? IIRC last time hubby bought some MACs for me during arrival, and I don't remembered him pay tax (I looked at the receipt).
                          I'm going to Sing on Monday and planning to get some items on arrival, do I still get charged? Thanks!!!!

Comment

All the makeup counters open 24 hours. There'll be no brand SA to attend to you from 12 am to 6am though ..

Seba .. 4% tax is payable on arrival but sometimes a cashier will forget to charge it.

Comment

Thanks atypical Do you work at T1 by any chance? Will keep a lookout for you if you do

Comment

Working...
                              X