Matching Clothes with MakeUp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matching Clothes with MakeUp

Hi, I'm helpless when it comes to color matching of clothes and makeup. Hope you can help provide some ideas for all to refer ! [My dilemma is that Olive dress !!! What color makeup should I use ? Thanks !]

Clothes (Color,Types): eg. Olive Dress (for wedding dinner)

Make Up Colors to match :
    Eyes :
    Cheeks :
    Lips :

definitely not pink!!!

maybe something brown n neutral?

if u can take olive on ur eyes, match it with ur dress as well. like olive n pale yellow as a base on eyelids.

Comment

honestly there's no hard and fast rule that says u must match ur makeup to your clothes but if you must....

i think Stella's new FOTD with guacamole would be something good to match, or u could go smoky eye -=)

Comment

try to match with clothing in the same color family. if you are wearing an olive dress, i guess green/smokey eye makeup would go well

when i wear grays, i try to wear grey/blue eyeshadow. but when i wear safer colors like black and white, i just wear any e/s color i like!

Comment

Hi Ladies,

I can't find a suitable thread so decided to post my question here...

Well, I have just bought this yellow dress (pale yellow) hence if i want to wear it for WORK what are the recommended makeup especially eyeshadows colours to apply in order to match my dress? and if possible teach me how to apply (if use more than 1 eyeshadow)

Thank you.

Comment

Hey gal, i think brownish or earth tones would match it well. Match with peachy blusher n lip color

Comment

Originally posted by jemay
              Hey gal, i think brownish or earth tones would match it well. Match with peachy blusher n lip color
              thnx for your advise jemay.

any colours besides brownish or earth tones coz i am not fair like you so i usually do not owned any earth tones e/s as i think it makes me look old and awful.

Comment

Hmm... then the safe color is yellow - gold

Comment

I was going to suggest earth tones too .. but anyhow ..

Any pastel colors will work well with your pale dress. Try green as a lid color - that will compliment the yellow very well.

Comment

Originally posted by jemay
                    Hmm... then the safe color is yellow - gold
                    heehee....my questions "pops up" in the correct thread, thank you whoever that "shift" me here.

jemay, yellow-gold sounds so interesting, any suggested brand/name of e/s in mind? because the e/s i owned are limited usually blue or green, no yellow no brown, no pink, etc

anyway, no all colours suits me (i think) coz my skin not fair and my eyelid seems to be darker tone than other areas on face.... :huh: anyone got such problem??

Comment

Originally posted by stellat
                      I was going to suggest earth tones too .. but anyhow ..

Any pastel colors will work well with your pale dress. Try green as a lid color - that will compliment the yellow very well.
                      i dun suit earth tones coz whatever i apply on my eye lid the colour will somehow turn darker so if apply light brown it will become dark brown.

but i got a pastel green that i can try. thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by smabbit
                        anyway, no all colours suits me (i think) coz my skin not fair and my eyelid seems to be darker tone than other areas on face.... :huh: anyone got such problem??
                        i have the same problem as you cos i have very dark eye rings. what i do when i want my eye shadow to show is to apply MAC paint in stilife over my lids before i apply my eyeshadow

some cotters are selling their MAC paints in cozyxchange, you can check them out. MAC paints can last almost forever cos you just need a teeny weeny amount

Comment

smabbit, maybe you can check out Inouvi eyeshadow dust.. the colour is fantastic, you can use dry or wet to create diffence look.. very cheap @ S$17.00 only.. ive check out the gold, green and beige.. all very nice.. use dry on your whole eyelid and wet as a liner..

Comment

Originally posted by lumos
                            i have the same problem as you cos i have very dark eye rings. what i do when i want my eye shadow to show is to apply MAC paint in stilife over my lids before i apply my eyeshadow

some cotters are selling their MAC paints in cozyxchange, you can check them out. MAC paints can last almost forever cos you just need a teeny weeny amount
                            hey lumos, i bought this e/s base from Ros n rop during lunch time recommended by the saleslady she said apply already the e/s will stay on longer and the color of the e/s will be better so I try just now....the e/s colour really seems nearer to the orginal colour instead of darkening.

Comment

Originally posted by ssgg02
                              smabbit, maybe you can check out Inouvi eyeshadow dust.. the colour is fantastic, you can use dry or wet to create diffence look.. very cheap @ S$17.00 only.. ive check out the gold, green and beige.. all very nice.. use dry on your whole eyelid and wet as a liner..
                              ssgg02, i pass by inouvi just now too to see the items you mentioned they all looked so good i was tempted to buy one to try out but since i got the e/s base 1st thats why i drop the idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X