Kesalan Patharan - Makeup Brushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kesalan Patharan - Makeup Brushes

I need more brushes. Currently, I have a MAC brush set. I have been lemming Shu Uemura #10 all over e/s brush in kolinsky and sable for a long time but it is SOOOOOOO expensive. I am only a high school student so I won't be able to afford one.
    Is there a KP brush which is similar to that shape? And how's the quality of KP brushes? I heard KP is used by a lot of make-up artist but I am not sure about the brushes......

All i know of is KP brushes are made of squirrel and the brushes are soft. The one in blue handles are more expensive than the red ones. Usually, the makeup artists use the one from the blue.

hmm..i don't think i remember seeing anything that is similar to Shu brush #10.

HTH!

Comment

i think KP brushes are waaaaaay more expensive than Shu's brushes

Comment

Bluebubble: are KP brushes more expensive than Shu's? THe one I want from Shu costs HKD$380. I want the one in sable and kolinsky. Shu's synthetic fiber brushes are not too expensive.

What is the price range of KP brushes? And what are they make of?

Anyone has eyeshadow brush recs? Looking for a big one. at least bigger than MAC #213.

Comment

Originally posted by dolphin
          All i know of is KP brushes are made of squirrel and the brushes are soft. The one in blue handles are more expensive than the red ones. Usually, the makeup artists use the one from the blue.

hmm..i don't think i remember seeing anything that is similar to Shu brush #10.

HTH!
          Dol, are those brushes GWP made of squirrel or synthetic?

How would you describe the quality of those GWP brushes?

Comment

Queenie, i took a closer at my KP GWP brushes ... It seems to me they are made of poor quality hair type. I wouldn't touched that. I have tried other brands of GWPs like Lancome and it is not so fantastic, IMO. Poky but soft. I wouldn't recommend you to use that as your daily brushes. Do invest in a better quality one...it can really last you a lifetime(a few years) if you take great care washing them with J&J baby bath.

HTH!

Comment

Hi,

Can anyone give opinion to KP brushes. I am thinking of getting and any rec's of which one should I get??

Comment

IMO, the blue handled ones are better but the red handled ones are cheaper. But either colours are often OFS and they dont order much stock to keep

BTW tourmania, around what range is the shu brush in NY. I wonder if it is cheaper than here :roll:

Vis, did you get my last pm??

Comment

Originally posted by teiko
                  This is supposed to be a new product :huh:

Taken off the KP webby
                  Looks beautiful. But over S$200 for the set?

Comment

The brush case is so beautiful! Just wondering if this is the same brush case as what Xue bought

Comment

Originally posted by Dimples
                      Looks beautiful. But over S$200 for the set?
                      Considering that KP big powder brush cost SGD140, I think that's about it

Comment

Originally posted by teiko
                        Considering that KP big powder brush cost SGD140, I think that's about it
                        No kidding???? What's it made of? Is it worth paying that much for? :huh: Anyway, Shu's brushes are around the same price range, ya?

The thing about sets is the brushes may be of a poorer quality than those sold individually. If it's the same, then it's worth getting.

Comment

Originally posted by raebelasian
                          The brush case is so beautiful! Just wondering if this is the same brush case as what Xue bought
                          i got mine free dearie! as a GWP!

i think the brush set featured is different. mine seems leathery.

and i think getting a Shu set with individual brushes is more worthwhile since i personally feel that Shu brushes beat all other brushes (except By Terry maybe) handsdown.

Comment

KPs professional ones are made of sable hair but Shu's has got the kolinsky, kolinsky mixes which are of better quality but of course the price is much higher too

Comment

Any raves about KP's blush brush? pricey at $100... but i got the $20 voucher.... so $80 is not that pricey.... but still pricey...

Comment

Working...
                              X