Prescriptives - leaving Asia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescriptives - leaving Asia

Prescriptives is pulling out of Asia to focus on their markets in the US, UK, Canada and Australia.

Their counters in Japan are expected to start closing in October, with Thailand, Taiwan and Singapore following suit.

I guess now's a good time to stock up if you're a fan of the brand!

Really??? Then i better stock up on my brow powder set refills .....
    Thanks !

Comment

Or shall we wait for a sale like RMK before we start stocking up?

Comment

Huh? no more of their foundation? they have one of the most comprehensive stock of foundations!

Comment

Really?! Another one

Comment

Hate to see PX go. Sigh.. another casualty. Is our purchasing power not big enough to make them stay?? Used to be a faithful user of their fdtn and blushers.

Well, hopefully with exits, there will be new cosmetic entrants in the pipeline...

She: where did you get this news from?

Comment

WWD Sept 7 issue

truth is, no, the market in Asia for Prescriptives is quite small compared to everywhere else.. even in Japan where they've been for 13 years

?Since 90 percent of [Prescriptives?] sales came from the U.S., the brand has decided to focus its efforts on its core markets, with a view to creating a new model for the future,? said Wood. (president of Est?e Lauder Cos. K.K.)

Comment

I don't think our purchasing power is small but it's quite competitive given our small local market.

Comment

i luv PX lipsticks...looks like i better start looking elsewhere..
                  thanks SHE ....

Comment

WHAT?! Another brand exiting

Comment

woah, thought they are doing well?

Seems like those using the custom blend foundation or powder better stock up their items then? But i wonder how much can one stock up coz such things won't last right?? (I have used the customer blend powder before, the SA told me, this will be the best loose powder after i used and will not want to try other brands, but i got to disagree with her!!...the texture wasn't that fine and looks rather cakey on my skin...maybe it was just me..coz i know of a few friends who are the die-hard supporters!!)

Other than that, I am not too sure what are the other nice items from Presciptives? I got the blusher from the spring range..it was a hoax!! the effect will never be the same as the model using it....(or am i expecting too much?) The concealer I have from the Traceless range was also lousy...if it cannot provides coverage, then how can it be a concealer

oops, looks like i did not have a good impression of Prescriptives...

Comment

Doubt they're doing well though. Even on a Sat afternoon, passing by their counters alway look so empty and doubt they have exciting GWPs, only got their small mirror and synthetic brush. Just the other day, my gf and I were chatting which brand will be next to go, following RMK's exit. And I was saying PX will probably be next on the axe list. And now with this thread, it seemed to be coming true.

Comment

i thought it can't get any worse when RMK pulled out but i guess i was wrong!

Comment

Another new brand will come soon enough and it may be better too

Comment

they are pulling out of the Malaysian mkt too. If only we can get GA in

Comment

Working...
                              X