MAC brushes & brush sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAC brushes & brush sets

HJM ... maybe you'd like to wait till MAC comes out with a travel brush set sometime in the m iddle of the year ... it will probably cost around $80 or so. Good value for money plus you get to bring them wherever you go.

*edited to reduce content*
    Last edited by xue; 09-09-2004, 11:39 PM.

Originally posted by sweetmango
    I want to get an eyeliner brush and read from previous posts that MAC #266 is the recommended one. But would this angled brush be harder to use than #210, the fine-tipped one? Does #266 draw a thicker line? Need some comparisms between the two, thanks!
    i'm currently using 266 (travelsized) and it's perfect! i use it mainly for lining my brows and lining my eyes. i think the line it creates is just right - thick enough so that it can actually be seen, while thin enough so it's subtle. would really recommend this brush!

Comment

Sweetmango, are you planning to use the brush for dry e/s lining or liquid? For dry, I'd recomment #266. For wet or gel liners, #311 rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by atypical
        Sweetmango, are you planning to use the brush for dry e/s lining or liquid? For dry, I'd recomment #266. For wet or gel liners, #311 rocks!
        #311's the one that can also be used as a lippie brush right? Ahhh...thanks! I was planning to use it wet with e/s. Maybe I'll get or try to swap for #311 and #210.

Comment

YUp, it's supposed to be a lip brush. This is my fave eyelining brush now! IT's got incredible control! I like to pick up color from kohl pencils using this brush & then line my eyes with it. The line is so much finer than just applying the kohl pencil direct.

Comment

Is the #311 pointed? Or shaped exactly like the #266?

Comment

It's pointed. It's like a lipbrush but half the size. Long & thin-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetmango
                I want to get an eyeliner brush and read from previous posts that MAC #266 is the recommended one. But would this angled brush be harder to use than #210, the fine-tipped one? Does #266 draw a thicker line? Need some comparisms between the two, thanks!
                i don't have the 266 so i can't compare, but i'm currently using the 210. =) it's super fine, so it's great if you want defined eyes without looking like you used eyeliner! i'm not into obvious thick eyeliner so i love this brush. i just wet it a little, dip it into eyeshadow, swish it around a little to get a pigmented liquid, then line my eyes. works great!

Comment

Rac: I love my pencil brush. The bristle are shaped into a very short stubby head tapered into a pointed tip. The one by I Nuovi is called Contourer brush. At slightly over $20, it's a great steal compared to MAC's #219.

Very versatile!
                  The whole pencil-shaped, tapered tip slides nicely along the
                  -socket crease to contour
                  The tapered edge
                  -is great for blending
                  -applying colours on outer corners
                  -smudge or apply smokey colours along the lash line.

For reference, MAC's pencil brush is #219

So far, the previous brushes that you've mentioned are the fluffier ones. Maybe you can get smaller, tighter, firmer brushes for more intense or precise application.

Something like MAC's #236.

MAC eye brush catalogue

Comment

which brush is good for using MAC's paints for eye shadows? I hate using my finger but its the best option so far. Is there a brush actually suitable for this?

Maybe MAC's 217 for blending in creamy stuff like paints!!
                    Last edited by vit_c; 27-08-2003, 09:11 PM.

Comment

I have a question:
                      For lining the lower lids (smokey eye), is MAC #219 pencil brush or MAC #266 small angle brush more suitable? Or are there other options? Thanks

Comment

chris -> i use #266 to line my lower lid. if i want to have a well-define line, this brush works great!!! if i want smokey eyes, i'll just use a cotton bud to smudge the line i also use this brush to line my upper lid

Comment

Thanks chris
                          I saw Jason (Trinity) using that brush too, for smokey eyes.

Comment

hi,
                            how about the MAC travel size brush set? thanks

Comment

hey twinkle, what about the set? are you recommending it or are you trying to find out more about it?

the set's a great affordable way to start your brush collection. all the brushes included are ESSENTIAL. but naturally, since they're so much cheaper, the quality wouldn't be as good as those brushes you buy singly. but they're still good enough to have served me well this past three years!

Comment

Working...
                              X