Replacing foundation sponge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing foundation sponge?

just wanna find out. the ettusias one is so ex, it cost $10 just for the thingy!
    Last edited by nicole; 22-02-2005, 01:35 AM.

Why don't you wash your foundation sponge regularly? This might minimise bacteria accumulation and decrease the frequency of which you'll have to change your sponge.

I wash my loose powder puff every 3-4 weeks, same for my compact foundation sponge.

Comment

i washed my foundation sponge too...used for quite long the SA from shiseido told me before no need to always buy new one when you refil it.

Comment

alright.

so,what often do u guys wash ur sponges?

Comment

for me every 2 or 3 months....i am plain lazy

Comment

yup, me too but i m just afriad that it'll be dirty.

the facial lady told me that the sponge might be dirty n that 2 way cake might clog my pores, that's y i have comodones(is it spelt like this)??

Comment

what is comodones?? yah the SA told me before if the sponge dirty used for 2 way cakes will clog pores thats why i ended buying the purifying mask from her to clean and unclog my pores!

anyway try to be more hardworking to clean the sponge to avoid clogging just wash my sponge one week ago.

Comment

won't the texture of the sponge/puff turn coarse with frequent washing?

Comment

i'm not sure about other sponge but for puff (for loose powder), you're supposed to press the puff downwards to let the water out instead of squeezing it like squeezing your dish washing sponge. this keep your puff in shape for a longer period. hths!

by the way, i wash my foundation sponge every 2 weeks.

Comment

Washing the sponge is so important! I used to not do it when I was younger.....and I think I'm now suffering the after-effects of dirty sponges..yuck.

Especially if you use it to touch up..so I wash it with a simple face cleanser every 2 weeks, and my brushes too. It gives me great satisfaction to see my sponge turn absolutely white after washing..

Comment

wow, urs turn absolutely white?

the beige colour will somehow remain even after i wash it.

snabbit, i meants clogged oil glands/pores.
                      Last edited by pulpy; 29-09-2004, 09:40 AM.

Comment

try not to really squeeze or rub the sponge very hard then the sponge after washing will not turn coarse.

Comment

is there a particular brand to look out for? i got mine from daiso and its made of antibacterial latex too

Comment

i wash my cake sponge after every 4 usages. Replace them when the compact is half way through. Fast rate as i powder alot. Good ones can last a long while. Cheap ones are crap, they cracked after few application & 1 - 2 washes.

Comment

I always wash my sponge every 4 days or so... I can't stand the sight of my sponge looking like a cuppacino brownie.

It's important not to sun dry the sponge as it's made out of latex and it'll deteriorate/harden up a lot quicker. Just air dry it if you like. But most of the time since I always apply my foundation using a damp sponge so I'd just give the sponge a good squeeze, tissue dry it a little and use it immediately after wash.

Comment

Working...
                              X