Beauty tips for special occasion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beauty tips for special occasion?

Hi ladies! care to share all your tips? I'm always blurred when it comes to this things. I am not very good with make up and stuff. Whenever I attend an event I always end up in the safe zone like wearing a black dress and powder, lipstick and blush on.

I find it very boring and I'm still in my 20s! I hope you can share with me your beauty techniques. It would mean a lot

Maybe as a start you can try curling your lashes or putting on falsies to begin with? Trust me, doing something to your eyes adds a lot of difference to ur look! Try to go to a beauty salon like pink parlour for example - they do offer barbie curl lashes and even eyebrow shaping and tinting (see if suits ur hair color).

Comment

Hello,

You can try to have some fun with your make-up, dressing and hair to begin with.

Hair
      If you have long hair, you might want to consider get a hair curling set and do up some big romantic curls for your hair. If DIY is complicated for you, just go to a nearby salon that does hairdo. You can take pictures of your dress that you will be wearing for the dinner, and ask your hairstylist for some styling opinions.
      For short hair, you might want to put some clips, or hairbands to jazz up a bit. Many interesting hair clips (with feather, flowers, pearls, ribbons, etc) can help to change your look.

Makeup
      For me, i'm a fuss free person. I like to go for compact (all-in-one) makeup set that you can use for any occassion. You can try going to Sephora, they sell Urban Decay makeup box with lots of pretty colours for eyeshadows, lips, face, etc, at reasonable price.

Dress
      There are many colours to choose from apart from the safe black. :-) Be fun, go for pastel colours or bright colours for dinner parties. If you are worried about spending too much on dress where you only can wear for dinner, go for those that are for work-appropriate or casual-appropriate. I do own an online boutique selling mainly dresses, fit for dinner, party, work, etc. If you are interested, just PM me. (not sure if I can share the website here).

Hope these helps.
      You are young, so dare to go for something fun and colourful!

Comment

I love this thread! I also have the same problems. I'm getting a lot of useful tips here

Comment

Originally posted by modchicme View Post
          Maybe as a start you can try curling your lashes or putting on falsies to begin with? Trust me, doing something to your eyes adds a lot of difference to ur look! Try to go to a beauty salon like pink parlour for example - they do offer barbie curl lashes and even eyebrow shaping and tinting (see if suits ur hair color).

Thanks modchicme! I always want to try putting on falsies. What kind of falsies should I buy? Does it matter what brand I buy?

Originally posted by clarisse View Post
          Hello,

You can try to have some fun with your make-up, dressing and hair to begin with.

Hair
          If you have long hair, you might want to consider get a hair curling set and do up some big romantic curls for your hair. If DIY is complicated for you, just go to a nearby salon that does hairdo. You can take pictures of your dress that you will be wearing for the dinner, and ask your hairstylist for some styling opinions.
          For short hair, you might want to put some clips, or hairbands to jazz up a bit. Many interesting hair clips (with feather, flowers, pearls, ribbons, etc) can help to change your look.

Makeup
          For me, i'm a fuss free person. I like to go for compact (all-in-one) makeup set that you can use for any occassion. You can try going to Sephora, they sell Urban Decay makeup box with lots of pretty colours for eyeshadows, lips, face, etc, at reasonable price.

Dress
          There are many colours to choose from apart from the safe black. :-) Be fun, go for pastel colours or bright colours for dinner parties. If you are worried about spending too much on dress where you only can wear for dinner, go for those that are for work-appropriate or casual-appropriate. I do own an online boutique selling mainly dresses, fit for dinner, party, work, etc. If you are interested, just PM me. (not sure if I can share the website here).

Hope these helps.
          You are young, so dare to go for something fun and colourful!
          Gosh! Thank you clarisse! I guess I have to invest for myself more. I also want to have compact makeup. Does natural colors like brown for eyeshadow ok for all occasions?

Comment

Most ladies started using pink shades and earth colors to be safe since they are still not yet expert in playing with colors. Maybe you might wanna start in the shades of pink where it will make you look young and sweet? Brown is an earth colors but it might make you look old if you dont know how to put on make up. For brow pencil yeah you can use brown or dark brown. Never use black for your eye brow if you dont have a black hair. Then for eyeliner I prefer brown or dark brown also because black can add a little age to your face..

I tell you you will enjoy special events more when you are well prepared. You will enjoy rather than feeling tired.

Comment

natural look is the best! cos my skin v sensitive ...

Comment

Put a face mask at night and sleep early so you will look fresh the next day. That's what you mean natural beauty.

Comment

Working...
                X