What is your beauty secret?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your beauty secret?

Hi ladies! Care to share your beauty secret? Like your most effective skin care, make up, or beauty regime that you think helped you all the time. Really love to know!

I think its all about trial and error. I have bought and tried so many products, have finally settled for afew which are really good and works well on my skin type. Kose sekkisei, nuskin, lancome neocalm, clinique, and neutrogena hydrating range suit me fine.

Comment

I am currently ticking to body hop beauty products. I do trust te brand and I experienced the effect.

Comment

My Beauty Secret Revealed

Hello there,

Sharing some of my beauty secrets for your reference.

Background: I have combination/sensitive type of skin, fair, don't get tan easily (though I do get flushed cheeks when I'm under the sun for too long). Likes to keep my skin fair, clear and with a healthy glow. So here are some of the beauty regime I do.

Skin Care

1. Wash
        I use The Face Shop facial wash such as the Mung Bean or Aloe Vera type, because I always like to keep my face clean (pimple free) and yet moisturized so the above 2 facial wash is what I used daily.
        Mung Bean helps to remove the clogs in your pores, and cleanse your face (detoxify).
        Aloe Vera helps to moisturize your face, keeping the water/oil balance for your skin.
        These are mild cleansing wash, so it isn't too harsh to your skin.

At least once a week, I will use facial scrub to get rid of dead skins, clear up the clogs, etc. I use The Face Shop Strawberry scrub, (any scrub works too) as long as it gentle enough and not too harsh.

2. Tone
        In the past I used to use Neutrogena Toner, mild and gentle. It still works fine, just that I don't use them much nowadays. Toner is to remove any other oil/dirt, tone up your skin a little and prepare your skin for moisturizer.

3. Moisturizer
        I'm using Hada Labo. Because it is so rich in moisture, hence I skip toner sometimes. Basically, I just drop 1-2 drops on my palm and pat it on my face till it is absorbed. It may leave a sticky feeling at first, but once it dries up, you can feel your skin more bouncy.

If you are always under harsh cold climate (going for tour in Hokkaido/snowy place or constantly under air con), do try SK II Miracle Water. It is really really good, though it is quite ex. I recommend using this if your skin is dry type.

4. Pimple Cream
        Yes, I have little pimples (those tiny ones) so don't really like them growing on my face. I strongly recommend Benzac. There are 2.5%, 5%, 10%. Depending on your skin, choose the % accordingly, such as fairly good skin, just some pimples occassionally - suggest you use 2.5%, if you have more serious pimples use 10%.

5. Sunblock
        Lastly, always use a sunblock. In weather like SG, (and if you don't like to carry a umbrella all the time), it is a good practice to always use a sunblock. I'm using Biore (Pink version) for sunblock, as it gives a radiant glow as well. Love this and it is not sticky, it leaves a powdery finish. I've used Kiss Me Sunkiller too in the past, until it was somehow discontinued. Not sure if you can find them at Isetan now, but if you do, try that too, it has good blocking, without feeling oily.
        Tip: Always get a sunscreen with a good SPF at least 25, PA++.

End of the day, always drink enough water (not necessary 8 glass everyday, as long as you take water regularly and don't feel dry in your throat, that is good enough. Good to drink warm water instead of cold water (water temp same as your body will be the best) as it helps regulate your body moisture lost, and flush out your toxins in your body.

Sleep well/enough 8 hours is the preferred, if not at least you feel well-rested.

Okay, that's a bit long on Skin Care (sorry). I will share more on cosmetics, etc if anyone wants to know more.

:-)

Comment

Butterscotch - where do you buy your pimple cream? I also have small pimples in my forehead. It's making me too self conscious

Comment

For the small pimples on the forehead, I like Vichy.. it's super good.

For the rest of the face, I'm using Shu Uemura and for the eyes I'm using La Mer .

Comment

Originally posted by CassLaura View Post
              I think its all about trial and error. I have bought and tried so many products, have finally settled for afew which are really good and works well on my skin type. Kose sekkisei, nuskin, lancome neocalm, clinique, and neutrogena hydrating range suit me fine.
              Thanks for sharing! Good for you that you found all the brands that works for you skin type. I'm still in trial and error stage. But so far clinique has been good to me.

Originally posted by i_am_prettyroan
              I am currently ticking to body hop beauty products. I do trust te brand and I experienced the effect.
              I also buy from TBS but I only buy for body wash. I tried using their facial products before and it didn't work well with my skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Butterscotch IceCream View Post
                Hello there,

Sharing some of my beauty secrets for your reference.

Background: I have combination/sensitive type of skin, fair, don't get tan easily (though I do get flushed cheeks when I'm under the sun for too long). Likes to keep my skin fair, clear and with a healthy glow. So here are some of the beauty regime I do.

Skin Care

1. Wash
                I use The Face Shop facial wash such as the Mung Bean or Aloe Vera type, because I always like to keep my face clean (pimple free) and yet moisturized so the above 2 facial wash is what I used daily.
                Mung Bean helps to remove the clogs in your pores, and cleanse your face (detoxify).
                Aloe Vera helps to moisturize your face, keeping the water/oil balance for your skin.
                These are mild cleansing wash, so it isn't too harsh to your skin.

At least once a week, I will use facial scrub to get rid of dead skins, clear up the clogs, etc. I use The Face Shop Strawberry scrub, (any scrub works too) as long as it gentle enough and not too harsh.

2. Tone
                In the past I used to use Neutrogena Toner, mild and gentle. It still works fine, just that I don't use them much nowadays. Toner is to remove any other oil/dirt, tone up your skin a little and prepare your skin for moisturizer.

3. Moisturizer
                I'm using Hada Labo. Because it is so rich in moisture, hence I skip toner sometimes. Basically, I just drop 1-2 drops on my palm and pat it on my face till it is absorbed. It may leave a sticky feeling at first, but once it dries up, you can feel your skin more bouncy.

If you are always under harsh cold climate (going for tour in Hokkaido/snowy place or constantly under air con), do try SK II Miracle Water. It is really really good, though it is quite ex. I recommend using this if your skin is dry type.

4. Pimple Cream
                Yes, I have little pimples (those tiny ones) so don't really like them growing on my face. I strongly recommend Benzac. There are 2.5%, 5%, 10%. Depending on your skin, choose the % accordingly, such as fairly good skin, just some pimples occassionally - suggest you use 2.5%, if you have more serious pimples use 10%.

5. Sunblock
                Lastly, always use a sunblock. In weather like SG, (and if you don't like to carry a umbrella all the time), it is a good practice to always use a sunblock. I'm using Biore (Pink version) for sunblock, as it gives a radiant glow as well. Love this and it is not sticky, it leaves a powdery finish. I've used Kiss Me Sunkiller too in the past, until it was somehow discontinued. Not sure if you can find them at Isetan now, but if you do, try that too, it has good blocking, without feeling oily.
                Tip: Always get a sunscreen with a good SPF at least 25, PA++.

End of the day, always drink enough water (not necessary 8 glass everyday, as long as you take water regularly and don't feel dry in your throat, that is good enough. Good to drink warm water instead of cold water (water temp same as your body will be the best) as it helps regulate your body moisture lost, and flush out your toxins in your body.

Sleep well/enough 8 hours is the preferred, if not at least you feel well-rested.

Okay, that's a bit long on Skin Care (sorry). I will share more on cosmetics, etc if anyone wants to know more.

:-)
                Butterscotch IceCream thanks for sharing your beauty secret! Noted on the sunblock! It's definitely a must!

Just want to ask how much did you bought your pimple cream? Can I also use it for small pimple on my back?

Comment

Originally posted by The_spinsterella View Post
                  For the small pimples on the forehead, I like Vichy.. it's super good.

For the rest of the face, I'm using Shu Uemura and for the eyes I'm using La Mer .
                  What Vichy product do you use? Is it the Normaderm range?

Comment

I've heard a lot of raves about Vichy Normaderm range especially anti-imperfection hydrating care. I'm thinking of buying for myself

Comment

Pimple Cream - Benzac

Originally posted by spicemeup View Post
                      Butterscotch - where do you buy your pimple cream? I also have small pimples in my forehead. It's making me too self conscious
                      Hey babes,

You can get the pimple cream called 'Benzac' from Guardian. It comes in 2.5%, 5% and 10%.
                      2.5% is about $15. I'm using the 2.5%. :-)

It is usually located near the pharmacy section at the Guardian. I haven't seen this in Watsons yet. maybe they don't carry that in Watson Singapore. But I saw this in HongKong Watsons equivalent called mannings. If you buy from HK, its about $2 cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by orangeyjellybeany View Post
                        Butterscotch IceCream thanks for sharing your beauty secret! Noted on the sunblock! It's definitely a must!

Just want to ask how much did you bought your pimple cream? Can I also use it for small pimple on my back?
                        Hello OrangeJellyBeany,

Yup, you can use the pimple cream anywhere, even if its on the back.
                        (Once in a blue moon, I do get small pimple on my scalp near my neck area, I also use Benzac for it).

The good thing about benzac is that it doesnt dry up the pimple till it drops off. It simply reduce the pimple sore until it disappears without leaving a scar. But you got to have some patience using it. But so far, this product really works well.

Comment

My beauty secret is masking often, force myself to drink plenty of water everyday! And most importantly of all is to be really hardworking and work on my galvanic spa treatment every week. The gels are pretty expensive, beauty is so hard to maintain. You have to spend so much money in order to look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Butterscotch IceCream View Post
                            Hello OrangeJellyBeany,

Yup, you can use the pimple cream anywhere, even if its on the back.
                            (Once in a blue moon, I do get small pimple on my scalp near my neck area, I also use Benzac for it).

The good thing about benzac is that it doesnt dry up the pimple till it drops off. It simply reduce the pimple sore until it disappears without leaving a scar. But you got to have some patience using it. But so far, this product really works well.

Really? Thanks babe! Btw, how long did you use it?

Comment

Originally posted by orangeyjellybeany View Post
                              Really? Thanks babe! Btw, how long did you use it?
                              I'm using Benzac for at least 5 years already...
                              Depending on the pimple (how bad it is), e.g if the pimple already has the white tip, it takes me about 3-5 days for the pimple to reduce the bulge and the white tip gone, and a few more days to reduce the redness, to become more skin tone.

For those tiny little about to form into pimples, just keep applying benzac morning and night, the little bulge will go away in a few days.

Comment

Working...
                              X