I need some makeup tips!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some makeup tips!

I believe in the modern days , most ladies are having problem to conceal their dark circle. I am one of them too ! When i put concealer , there will always be a little dark circle and i ended putting many layers to cover up my dark circle.

It is very frustrating that after you finally cover up your dark circle , your eye area foundation makeup is too thick ! I want it to be more like a natural look instead of like a makeup face?

Another things that i recently discovered when i used the loose powder. I wonder did any people realized it. When i finally finished putting on my liquid foundation on my face and tap some loose powder on it , it really had a perfect finish. My face looked smooth . However , when i wanted to took a picture of the makeup , i was horrified. When taking camera WITH FLASH , the picture on my face was having many patches of white "powder look".

I tried again without the loose powder and the picture turned out fine. Is it because i used too much loose powder or i bought the wrong loose powder ? If your don't get what i meant , here is one reference on it : First Nicole Kidman, then Eva Longoria, now Ashley Judd (twice!): Why are so many celebs wearing visible white powder? | BEAUTY EDITOR

I really need some tips on makeup . I don't want to look like a freak in camera flashlight. Hope ladies will share about experience on make up too .

Probably you bought the wrong shade of loose powder? But usually loose powder are very natural, you shouldnt have any problem with that. Could it be your liquid foundation is the cause of the white powder look, maybe its too fair for your skin tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Banyanresort View Post
      Probably you bought the wrong shade of loose powder? But usually loose powder are very natural, you shouldnt have any problem with that. Could it be your liquid foundation is the cause of the white powder look, maybe its too fair for your skin tone.
      my loose powder is translucent. So it won't be buying the wrong shade of loose powder. Current liquid foundation i used is kate . I'm not sure what went wrong since when putting the foundation and loose powder it looks fine but when took a picture with a camera having flash, it looks like ghost.

Comment

Originally posted by christin3e View Post
        my loose powder is translucent. So it won't be buying the wrong shade of loose powder. Current liquid foundation i used is kate . I'm not sure what went wrong since when putting the foundation and loose powder it looks fine but when took a picture with a camera having flash, it looks like ghost.
        usually, it's due to the foundation having SPF. if you know that you are going to take photos with flash, then opt for foundations with low or no SPF at all and there shouldn't be any white flash.

Comment

Originally posted by lilbeaute View Post
          usually, it's due to the foundation having SPF. if you know that you are going to take photos with flash, then opt for foundations with low or no SPF at all and there shouldn't be any white flash.
          Do you have recommendation for loose powder? I went to Sasa and they recommended me the cyber colour translucent loose powder with SPF 27.

Comment

With regards to your dark circles, you could try a color corrector. Salmon/orangey tones are usually used to counter dark circles. You could also try using a luminizer, which is usually lighter in texture compared to a traditional concealer.

Use translucent powder very very sparingly. You might want to consider investing in a quality kabuki brush to really buff the powder in.

Comment

Originally posted by rodita View Post
              With regards to your dark circles, you could try a color corrector. Salmon/orangey tones are usually used to counter dark circles. You could also try using a luminizer, which is usually lighter in texture compared to a traditional concealer.

Use translucent powder very very sparingly. You might want to consider investing in a quality kabuki brush to really buff the powder in.
              Wow , i feel like i been cheated after hearing that i should buy color corrector instead of concealer. I told sasa then i need something to cover up my dark circles. They introduced me the dual cover concealer..... How can i cover my dark circle effectively? I really tried lots of concealer to conceal them but i think i did a bad job on it.

Is there any tips on successfully conceal the dark circle ? Do you know where can i buy good color corrector ? Cause i really don't want to waste anymore money buying but not using them. What is a luminizer ? And about the translucent powder , if i invest in a kabuki brush , do i still use my current loose powder with SPF or without the SPF loose powder ?

Comment

Wow , i feel like i been cheated after hearing that i should buy color corrector instead of concealer. I told sasa then i need something to cover up my dark circles. They introduced me the dual cover concealer..... How can i cover my dark circle effectively? I really tried lots of concealer to conceal them but i think i did a bad job on it.

Is there any tips on successfully conceal the dark circle ? Do you know where can i buy good color corrector ? Cause i really don't want to waste anymore money buying but not using them. What is a luminizer ? And about the translucent powder , if i invest in a kabuki brush , do i still use my current loose powder with SPF or without the SPF loose powder ?
                I am not sure about color correctors but I have successfully used the Shisedo (sp?) cream concealer. It really blended very well and provided coverage -- my sis was sitting there when I did the test at the counter and she's impressed! And a little dab goes a long way!

Comment

Different things work for different people, and undereye concealer is imo one of the hardest to get right. A luminizer/brightener gives very light coverage, but works by diffusing light to make dark circles less obvious, an example is YSL's Touche Eclat but it's been d/c in Singapore I believe. An alternative would be Dior's skinflash but I personally have not tried that. I've only used luminizers and they work well enough for me so I can't give you first hand experience about correctors/concealers.

A salmon color corrector works by neutralizing the blue in dark circles, whereas a concealer sits on top of your skin and masks that. I've heard and read many reviews on Bobbi Brown's color corrector, you might want to go down to the counters to get matched and get the SA to try it out on you, and bring a mirror so you can check it out under different types of lighting before deciding if it works for you.

When it comes to dark circles, what works for one might not work for others. Some people have to layer concealer over a color corrector, whereas some get away with just a brightener. Most of my friends went through trial and error and countless products before finding out what works for them, so don't be disheartened.

hth

Comment

Do you have recommendation for loose powder? I went to Sasa and they recommended me the cyber colour translucent loose powder with SPF 27.
                    I used to use YSL loose powder which has medium coverage but sadly, I don't think you can get it anywhere in Singapore except for DFS counters. For now, I am using everyday minerals which you can only get from their website.

These days I use no powder or very little because I am going for the dewy look. it really depends on your skin type for eg, if you are oily skin then you should use those matte foundations (estee lauder's double wear is a good one). I find that the coverage for that is really good and sometimes, I even use it as a concealer instead of a foundation!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sweetflame09 View Post

strange. why does your post seems exactly the same as another cotter?

great minds think alike?

too alike in fact

Comment

i also have a dark ring around my whole eye area.

was looking at this video : 20110213台視鑽石夜總會變臉單元(Summer 雪櫻) - YouTube
                          the girl is applying something at 12:37 to brighten up the lid area.

Does anyone knows what is it?
                          I tried that with concealer but my eye looked really puffy after that.

Comment

I've a horrible dark eyes circle. Agree with the cotter above, use color corrector with orange will help.. But I've the problem as what you face too.. Seems too thick after applying it.. Maybe I over-apply :p

Comment

I used Bobbi Brown orange concealer on my dark eyes circle but it becomes dry after hours. Why?

Comment

Working...
                              X