Makeup base, Primer & highlighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makeup base, Primer & highlighter

What are these 3 for? Are they important for makeup regime?

A makeup base and a primer are the same. They help to keep your foundation fresh and in place the whole day. If you like a matte looking face you can choose a silicon based primer that help you keep oilies at bay But if you like a luminous glow, there a primers that do that too.

A highlighter is used on top of cheek bones, on the nose bridge, where the light will hit on your face to bring out the high points of your facial features and to give it added dimension.

Comment

Makeup base

I just got an makeup base from the faceshop, it leaves me alittle bit white even with the right shade of the foundation. So depressing... BY the way, can the makeup base be applied around the eyes area?

Comment

i'm using Base Escentuals - Prime Time (primer). has a silky matt feeling to it. very light and good oil control.
        no touch up required at all. plus it's from the mineral range which means its good for ur skin!

Comment

Hi all, i agree with macjacqueline (: I used to skip primers and highlighters in my MU regime as most of girlfriends omit these steps too. But I feel that choosing the right primer really make your makeup look more "refined and polished" by diminishing the appearance of pores and other minor flaws, it stays longer on your face too! For highlighter, i swear by red earth's secret potion since benefit's high beam is a tad too expensive (: add these to your makeup regime, and you will most likely incorporate them into your routine :D

Comment

I agree too!

Comment

I agree but different people got different skin types...must really try and try...you are lucky if the first time you try fits your skin type...especially for sensitive skin like me!:D
              www.beautyamare.con

Comment

usually if your face is quite clear..concealer will do for everyday makeup....but if you want to have very smooth and clear skin i have check that you need to conceal, tap only until ot blends...after that you can use ur fave bb cream or foundation and make sure that u'll use almost same color as your skin tone and blend well...contour your face and highlight...put your powder and finish with a setting spray!!! hope this helps you!
                www.beautyamare.com

Comment

I have very very oily eyelids! Anyone using eye primer? Can recommend some good eye primer to me? Was previously using Hourglass face primer on my eyelids but Sephora stopped selling them

Comment

I have very very oily eyelids! Anyone using eye primer? Can recommend some good eye primer to me? Was previously using Hourglass face primer on my eyelids but Sephora stopped selling them

Comment

Originally posted by PinkyGal View Post
                      Hi PinkyGirl, I've PMed you :>

Comment

Urban Decay primer is the best! Makeup forever is not too bad considering high price u pay for it.

Comment

You can also learn from "2nd Love" facebook page to learn some tips for applying makeup Professional Makeup | Eyeshadow Palettes | Eyeliner Gel

Comment

Benefit's High Beam is definitely my favourite highlighter of the moment, the pearl sheen with the pink undertones makes the biggest difference with the tinniest amount of product applied to the right places. The texture of the liquid is smooth and easily to blend in - what's perfect is the applicator itself. The brush applicator provides flexibility to properly reach the right areas such as the curvature of your cupids bow.

Read more and see swatches on my blog !
                            Our little beauty haven

Hope it helped!

Ashley
                            Our little beauty haven

Comment

Originally posted by summerlove11 View Post
                              Urban Decay primer is the best! Makeup forever is not too bad considering high price u pay for it.
                              I agree! using both now )) oh yes, laura mercier !

Comment

Working...
                              X