Airbrush Makeup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbrush Makeup

Friend heard this on BBC and actually hunted the site down!

http://www.airstocking.com/en/index.html
    Last edited by nicole; 16-02-2005, 12:28 AM.

Interesting site...I had to re-read some of the faqs though.

Comment

Lilsweetie airbrushes her foundation on. Using a real one, not a spray dispenser thingy like so many so-called "airspray" foundations. If I can get hold of a suitable machine - not necessarily the very expensive Dinair, which is made specially for pro makeup - I'd love to try it!

Comment

Abit OT but when I was in Bangkok, I saw the Estee Lauder counter equipped with an airbrush system. HUmmmmm, any one has any inkling if EL going to come up with one :huh:

Comment

teiko, i think sometimes they have special events where they do a makeover on customers using the air brush but its not usually available.

Comment

Hey Sarshie!

Just in case I never mentioned it, I actually have another compressor. It's probably geared towards bakeries, but it's much smaller (fits in my makeup bag). It's also not as powerful, but it's perfect for travel, and it cost me about $100US. An airbrush on top of that should only be about another $80 or so. Still a little "steep" I suppose, but given how much I've saved since I've quit my quest for the "perfect foundation," I've found it well worth the cost!

~Lilsweetie

Originally posted by saresha
            Lilsweetie airbrushes her foundation on. Using a real one, not a spray dispenser thingy like so many so-called "airspray" foundations. If I can get hold of a suitable machine - not necessarily the very expensive Dinair, which is made specially for pro makeup - I'd love to try it!

Comment

Can anyone enlighten me how air brushing's result is different/better than the normal way of using foundation :huh:

Comment

Hi Teiko!!

Whenever I use an airbrush, I get a much more even coverage along with much better coverage where I need it. An airbrush sprays a very fine mist of pigments onto your face, and some equate it to airbrushing your flaws away in Photoshop, and I suppose it's a good enough analogy although not quite. There are never streaks (maybe blotches if you forget to move the airbrush gun around), and you don't waste much product on your fingers and sponges. Not only that, but the foundation tends to sit more on the top of your skin instead of sinking in, so the coverage is much greater even with the same amount of foundation. Depending on the foundation you use, airbrushing also helps make makeup last longer. The foundations I've used that are specifically formulated for the airbrush machine are super matte and super long-lasting. I can easily last an entire day without touching up at all, and I've even slept in my makeup (it lasted, but of course, this is not recommended !!!).

Of all the "airbrush-like" foundations, I've only tried the Era spray foundation, and it didn't impress me as much as an actual airbrush machine did. I get much better control with the machine, and I'm able to mix colors more easily. However, the machines are expensive, so you definitely want to figure out whether it's something you really need (or want)!

~Lilsweetie

Comment

whats the price range of air brushes? Only available in US?

Comment

Hi Califit!

Shouldn't be just the US. I would think there are plenty of hobbyists or bakers all over the world who enjoy airbrushing. Try looking in an art supply store or hobby store. If nothing else, you can always get a compressor and airbrush online. A compressor is a compressor, and an airbrush is an airbrush. They're no different when used for paint or used for makeup.

~Lilsweetie

Comment

Good luck!! If you can get someone to help you look for a good compressor and airbrush, just let them know what you plan on using it for. That way, you don't end up paying so much for some industrial strength airbrush =P. You want to keep the pressure relatively low for your face, probably somewhere around 0-10psi.

Originally posted by califit
                      Ok! Hope my quest for an airbrush is successful. Will pop by an art shop in the coming weekend

Thanx lilwseetie?

Comment

Read from Isetan's pamphlet that Air Stockings will be in at both Scotts and Orchard

Comment

Originally posted by teiko
                          Read from Isetan's pamphlet that Air Stockings will be in at both Scotts and Orchard
                          i as taken aback when i see that on the isetan pamphlets. think will be real popular. however, it did not state the launch date rt?

Comment

Nope. Anyway something like that will guarantee a press review before release

Comment

This sounds cool but most importantly, it is like a saver for people who has lotsa scars on legs. left by mosquitoes.

Would it be effective in concealing those scars?

:wheee:

Comment

Working...
                              X