Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korean cosmetic shops

Hi gals,

With all the new Korean cosmetic shops sprouting up.......i was just wondering whether you all buy more products now, or Korean products have become substitutes for products you all used to use prior to the influx of these Korean shops.

Well...for me....it's just an excuse for me to buy more new products...hee....as they are so cheap!

The cosmetic stuff at the Korean shops are really cheap & pretty. However, TFS is always packed & I hate shopping in crowded areas. So I have yet to buy anything from it although I am tempted to get all of their eyeshadows.

So far, had gotten a handcream for bf from Missha & the cupcake lipglosses trio from Dodo Club.

Will try to venture into TFS again - hopefully when it's less crowded.

Comment

IMO, MissHa is better for their cosmetics while TFS is better for skincare.
      Like Laneige best... WSP, their lipgloss, and blusher are all wonderful!
      Didn't get anything from DoDo Club, nothing appealed to me.
      As for Etude, their eyeshadows and lipsticks/lipgloss are of good quality, but they never seem to bring in new stuff anymore. The last new product they brought in was well over a year ago. I want those new stuff that are on the website!
      Cathy Cat is supposed to be nice too (price range about the same as Etude) but it's not available here.

Comment

Oooh good topic!

I'll buy any product that's good & at a reasonable price, if it's cheap, all the better! Skincare & base make-up wise, I still stick to my current products 'cos I've really sensitive skin & am afraid to deviate. But I'm willing to experiment with blushers, eye make-up & lipglosses.

I like Missha's e/s & mascaras, they're really value for money! But the packaging of their lip products aren't that pretty, I prefer dodoclub lip glosses, very pretty packaging & the quality is not bad. Like another CCer said, buy 1 Stila lip glaze can get a few dodoclub lipglosses.

I would say I buy more now 'cos unless there's a good substitute in terms of colour, I'll still buy my counter brand products. Like Glossie said, TFS & dodoclub e/s are quite chalky & you can't possibly like their entire range of e/s so I still buy Stila. For Alice & Candy Shop, they're actually not that cheap for their quality. I rather buy Kate.

Comment

Hey Glossie, thanks for the heads up at TFS' eyshadows. I am an eyeshadow virgin lar (already in my late 20s but have never used e/s before!), so when I saw the pretty e/s at TFS being packaged in such a slick manner (they remind me of Calvin Klein's eyeshadow's packaging!), I thought of getting 11 of them just to get the free TFS membership!

Anyway, I think I shall just buy a few colours to experiment & see how...don't want to waste too much $$$ if they ain't that good.

Comment

Can anyone review the quality of Etude e/s for me pls? What are Etude's better products? TIA!

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
              I liked the colours of their e/s, Kopibeauty, but they're really chalky. Somehow when they're chalky they tend to be low on pigments and hence won't show up colour-true.
              Have you tried TFS Freshian Eye Shadow? IMO, they are pretty good (and cheap!)! I bought this

I'm loving it!! Its color range look similiar to Shiseido Majolica Majorca but I'm not sure about texture since I haven't tried any Shiseido Majolica Majorca e/s yet.

allie,
              answer to your question. I believe most women love to try new things especially cosmetics and skincare pdts. Plus it's cheap!
              Last edited by Glossie; 11-07-2005, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Sorry to veer off the thread....

erm, but what's the full makeup regime for applying eye makeup - that is, apart from eyeshadow, mascara, what do you girls apply on the eyes?

And....most importanly, is my eyeshadow supposed to match my clothes and my accessories? Thanks!

Comment

methinks most of the eyeshadow colours from these korean shops are very light and sweet-looking. im interested in getting them since theyre so cheap but the colours dont appeal to me

Comment

kopibeauty: I use lots of eye make-up sometimes! some of the items include:eye paints,2-4 colors of eyeshadows,eyeliner,mascara primer,3 coats of mascara.If I'm in a hurry I may skip the eye paints and mascara primer.Of course,before the eye make-up,I also do my brows and use undereye concealer.
                    Personally,I don't really like the idea of "matching" e/s colors to color of clothing.I prefer them to be in contrast in fact!Be adventurous and try new colors too!

gerwhen: I haven't looked at the d/s makeup before,but if you say they all look "light and sweet-looking",I think it's not my type then!

Comment

I love korean makeup these days!
                      Love missha lipglosses and masks .. TFS for their masks ..

Comment

haha...seems like this thread to deviating quite a bit...heh....

anyway, glossie, where are alice and candy shop located?havent ****** seen those yet...though candy shop sounds ****** familiar...didnt know it was korean too.........

Comment

you can get them at lee ***. i believe basic beauty at hereen has quite a no. of korean & jap beauty products as well.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkrevolver
                            kopibeauty: I use lots of eye make-up sometimes! some of the items include:eye paints,2-4 colors of eyeshadows,eyeliner,mascara primer,3 coats of mascara.If I'm in a hurry I may skip the eye paints and mascara primer.Of course,before the eye make-up,I also do my brows and use undereye concealer.
                            Personally,I don't really like the idea of "matching" e/s colors to color of clothing.I prefer them to be in contrast in fact!Be adventurous and try new colors too!

Hey gal! Thanks for the tip.
                            However, I am the sort who spends like 5 mins max on makeup as I am rather lazy to put on too much makeup.

Anyway, just an update, finally went to Missha & got 4 products - 1 lip & eye makeup remover, 1 eyeliner, 1 nail polish remover & 1 neck treatment cream.

Comment

Should try the facial mask available in Watsons for only 1.50,small kind of pack ...its very effective n i also bought last week in guaradian pharmacy a new korean nailpolish @$4.90 n they really hv nice colours n the quality r good , should try.

Comment

Working...
                              X