All About Lining Eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All About Lining Eyes

I'm going for british airways interview next week, is having full makeup important ? is eyeliner important ? I know nuts about drawing eyeliner..
    Last edited by ah_bao; 27-03-2005, 11:04 PM.

Then don't use eyeliner. Stick to lipstick and blush. If you don't know how to use eyeliner, either experiment and get it right, or don't use it at all.

Comment

Well, full mu might not be necessary, looking polished is the key IMO. Wear a semi-matte/matte base, natural eyeshadows, thin black/brown liner wouldn't hurt, mascara, matte sheer blush, lipsticks/glosses of your choice.
      Oh, also for me eyeliner makes a HUGE diff, I'm more confident wearing it. Put it this way, eyes is the window of your soul, so if you want other people to notice your eyes, emphasize them . Just my .
      Good luck!!

Comment

I do feel full makeup is preferred, and as such, if you were to wear e/s, you'd have to use an eyeliner as well. Wearing the liner will certainly help open up your peepers. I read once in some mag about how much makeup should be worn for interviews. Keep it simple, of course, but wear it full. I feel that BB's nude looks should be perfect. No emphasis on any one particular feature; "polished" is indeed the word. Expressive eyes, light blush, and a YLBB lipcolour. This is how I'd do mine. Good luck!

Comment

I think with full makeup and not too heavy ,willl be nice.Eyeliner quite important too ,If you don't really know how to draw it, like seba said use ask profesional draw it for you before you go to interview.

Comment

I have to agree with glossie. wearing eyeliner aids to give your eyes more definition and also a complete look to your eyes. I feel that eyeliner also brings more attention to the eyes

Good luck in the interview!

Comment

I would think eyeliner is really important to help "open up" your eyes. However, if you really do not know how to use one, then try cheating by using a very black mascara instead on curled lashes. That will help define your eyes quite a bit too

Comment

Dark liner + mascara on curled lashes make a huge difference to how I look. Like the others said, it really opens up the eyes. I look more awake and alert.

Comment

When I went for an Ettusais makeover a couple of years ago, the MA told me that lining the lower lids is no longer in fashion. Does anyone think this is true?

ETA: http://www.beautyklinic.com/free-bea.../line-eyes.htm for ah_bao

Comment

Not sure if it's just me or what but i do find that when i have eye liner on, my eyes looked smaller?? I know nuts about drawing them but noticed this when i go for makeover, done by the mu artists.. :eh:

ETA: only my upper lids are lined usually..
                    Last edited by cherie; 28-03-2005, 04:25 PM.

Comment

The conventional way of lining the lower lid (ie. with dark liner) makes my eyes look smaller and emphasises my dark circles, so I don't do it. I sometimes use a light/bright shimmery shade instead, though.

Comment

To line or not to line

There's some truth in Poochi's and Cherie's posts. I can't recall since when the trend went that way. But I think it comes back in fashion every once in a while (think Johnny Depp in the Pirates movie - very David Bowie! Smoking!)

I do remember distinctly Jennifer Aniston's eyes can't be lined excessively. She was cited as an example when heavily-lined eyes only serve to make your peepers look like slits. If you must line the bottom lids, smudge the corners only.

Comment

to the thread topic: yes! definitely helps! i am a single eyelid and i think using an eyeliner defines small eyes and makes them look brighter and not so "sleepy".
                          but i am quite bad with liquid eyeliner...haven master the skill yet. :D

Comment

wow.. thanks for all the replies.. but I really know nuts about it...dry one or wet one is better ? any tips for it ? thanks..

can't get anyone to draw for me before going the interview.. its 10.30 am.. too early to disturb my friends...

Comment

For first-times, pencils are better. Use feather strokes, a lil like how you do your brows.. or DOT. Keep to the lash line. Start practising tomorrow la-h!

Comment

Working...
                              X