Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jill Lowe Cosmetics

Anyone own any Jill Lowe Cosmetic?

I m trying a search here, but realised that there is no thread on Jill Lowe ptds, anyone use cosmetic/skincare from Jill Lowe?

For me, i use their eyebrow poweders, very good... easy to use, and the colour texture is good...

I've tried their powder but my sensitive skin screamed 2 days after i've started on it so .... its stashed away somewhere

Comment

I have tried their lipsticks before... quite dry... caused my lips to peel

Comment

dun like jill lowe's makeup! tried their eyeliner before and it's not very good! the eyeliner keeps breaking when i sharpen it! and it's so soft making hard to draw a nice line w/o smudging.

Comment

Jill Lowe International is opening it's branch at AMK Hub #03-25.

Comment

I used them long ago after one of the color typing sessions.

the blush and e/s looked good on me and quality is okay, pretty lasting. Foundation was okay too, suited my skin.

wasn't very happy with the lipstick. though color was nice I also found it quite dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Tai Tai View Post
              I have tried their lipsticks before... quite dry... caused my lips to peel
              Did you apply their lip recovering stick before you apply their lipstick? It makes a great difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Blissful View Post
                dun like jill lowe's makeup! tried their eyeliner before and it's not very good! the eyeliner keeps breaking when i sharpen it! and it's so soft making hard to draw a nice line w/o smudging.
                That's only the eyeliner, right? When and where did you last buy it? I tried their eyeliner, it's quite ok. Personally, I found their foundation works very well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilian11 View Post
                  I used them long ago after one of the color typing sessions.

the blush and e/s looked good on me and quality is okay, pretty lasting. Foundation was okay too, suited my skin.

wasn't very happy with the lipstick. though color was nice I also found it quite dry.
                  Have you applied their lip recovering stick before you put on the lipstick? It works fine for me. Also, if we stayed longer in the air con, our lips tend to be dry regardless whether lipstick is applied or not. I have to drink more water to replenish the water loss.

Comment

Originally posted by mayonghs View Post
                    Did you apply their lip recovering stick before you apply their lipstick? It makes a great difference.

Yes I did but it does not make any difference

Comment

Just a quick update that AMK branch is open!

Comment

mayonghs: are u one of their agents or something?
                        bought my stuff 3-4 yrs ago. but totally dislike the eyeliner. i'm neutral for their lipstick and lip liner.
                        for the price i paid, i might as well get a dept store brand.

Comment

I found this thread after searching for info on Jill Lowe's products.

I'm currently using their lipsticks - like the colour and the texture, but yes, it can be quite drying so I just use lots of lip balm (the cheap mentholatum lip ice brand) before applying.

I do like their powder though - very good coverage and makes my skin look almost flawless. I would say it is better than ZA or L'Oreal, though ZA is the only brand I've tried that doesn't settle into laugh lines an hour after application! I compromise by using ZA around the mouth and JL on the rest of the face. Still not perfect though - if anyone has tips on how to prevent that awful caking, do let me know!

I tried their eyeshadows and blushers, but I still have my Shu Uemura and Bobbi Brown, so I didn't buy their set.

The eye pencil works okay for me - no obvious smudging! It could be a new formula - I got mine less than 2 months ago. Lip liner is not bad - but like the lipstick, also a tad drying.

I have their blue face scrub - really like this because of the minty sensation.

I will stick with JL's stuff until I find something better. The prices are not the cheapest around, but member discounts make it bearable. They also have (or had - not quite sure if it is still on) a promotion for their lipsticks - any 3 for $55. Works out to about $18 each which I think is reasonable - considering that I like their colours and don't mind the extra step of having to use lip balm.

Comment

their liquid foundation is good.. even coverage, match the closest to my skin tone.. but has no oil control.. powder is average..

the blusher stays with me for the longest time.. eyeshadow was okay.. was thinking whether to buy their Eyeshadow Base or not..

the lipstick I agree with most, is too drying.. I have to apply lipbalm before hand.. but it stays on till after dinner.. so I guess the staying power is there..

eyeliner was average.. mascara is very easy to remove..

Comment

went for the make up course today at Jill Lowe!

tried most of her range from skincare to cosmetics. i would say that the texture of her products is great and looks very natural on the face.

Ms Jill herself was wonderful and insightful! The whole course was very enjoyable and entertaining with her short stories here and there.

she walked around to help each of us to try on the make ups and also identify the colours that will most suit you (subjected to your dessing on that day; of course she will ask of other colours that you might wear ) she will even help on trimming the eyebrows!

wonderful course and definitely very educating!

Comment

Working...
                              X