Makeup Advice Needed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makeup Advice Needed!!!

As age catches up, lots of flaws start to appear on my face.
    Freckles, dark circles, lines, etc.
    To cover up, I started applying make-up.
    Unfortunately, I realise that I am super lousy with make-up.

Can someone please advice me how to apply foundations without appearing unnatural. Never seems to be able to blend my concealer and foundations well so that it will look natural. I tried using tissue to blog off excess but still look cakey.

Oh yes, and also, how to make it stay on for the whole day? By evening, everything is gone and it all look so oily and messy. sigh....

I am currently using prescriptive liquid foundation and concealer.
    Clinique loose powder.

Tips

Hello babesg,

Here's some tips on makeup.

Ok, to make it last. The 1st rule: After ur usual 3-step skin routine then wait for 3 mins then apply a makeup base b4 u go on to apply ur foundation. Rem, apply the foundation to ur eyelids too if u want to apply eyeshadow. *** will help the eyeshadow to last longer during the day. If ur skin oxidises during mid-day, u can choose an oil-free formula foundation provided ur skin is not dry. Then for a smooth finish, apply loose powder to set makeup and *** will enhance the staying power more longer. Understand?

Comment

Thanks alot! That is real fast reply!!!

I will try it out tomorrow morning.
      Just one tiny problem, what kind of makeup base do u recommend?
      I am currently using Estee Lauder Ex-Light sunblock. Can it be acting as a base?

Comment

How are you applying your foundation? With fingers/brush/sponge? I would recommend using a foundation brush for a smooth even finish, and if you need more coverage, it can still be layered on. Your EL sunblock should be a suitable base. But if this is quite moisturising, then you can probably skip using a separate moisturiser so that your face doesn't oil up too fast. I also have very oily skin and I usually skip moisturiser if I am using a makeup base. If the Prescriptives foundation is not working for you, it may be good to try out some other brands that may be more suitable to your skin type. During the day, use those blue oil-blotting sheets like Gatsby to remove oil but without messing up your makeup at the same time. Gatsby is really good for this. After blotting, dust some loose powder on top, but not too much or it will look cakey.

Comment

yes, the lines around my eyes are making me . sometimes caking appear by lunch hour & they look so :puke: . HELP!!!

i find this always happens w/ foundation, but never w/ 2-way cake. lucky cheap fluid ones i am using so i can discard.

Comment

Vernis,do you moisturize your eye area well enough? sometimes when I'm dehydrated that happens too.. :Doh:

Comment

ya, so dry that i got to resort to auntie eyecream (remb CD ). if i drank too much & has puffy eyes, problem solve ah!!

Comment

vernis, are you using matte foundations? For me, matte foundations do that to me. If you are an oily skinned girl (like me), then maybe put a moisturising foundation around the eye area, and matte foundation on all other areas. I personally dont do that, as its a bit too troublesom, but dont know about you HTHs

Comment

LOL. When I get slight puffy eyes, I'm secretly happy cause then the lines under my eyes won't appear as obvious!

I usually moisturize my eyes before pilling on stuffs. M/u still cake but less I think.

Comment

Thanks Haru ,

I am either using sponge or finger. How does the brush looks like? Is it those fan like kind? What brand do u recommend?

For reapplication during the day, will loose powder in compact form do?
                    Cos I also bought the prescriptive compact loose powder.

You are right, I used to use EL foundation when I was younger and have no problem....now switch to Prescriptive then cannot blend well ....not sure whether is it the product or my skin....

Comment

I do notice that the most cakey part is my undereye areas :Doh:
                      But won't eye cream makes it more cakey?
                      Is it advicable to apply eye cream in the day?
                      It will take longer for eye cream to dry up compare to face moisturiser.
                      Sigh...*** means waking up earlier.... :Doh:

I need my beauty sleep....

Comment

just to add, recently i got a fdn brush through the Mac select fdn pack. and i absolutely the effect. its really natural.

you may wanna give Mac a shot...

Comment

Babe_sg,

Do you actually put on concealer under the eye area. If you do, the cakey problem might be due to the concealer being too dry. Alternatively, try mixing the concealer with a little of serum essence or moisturizer. Always remember to use your forefinger to apply foundation,eye cream,concealer to your eye. Or, you can also mix liquid foundation with concealer.

If you put on the eye cream before make up, i'm afraid that the absorption is not as good and may cause the eye make up to fade easily. And putting on night eye cream is not encourage under make up. HTHs
                          Last edited by Jess; 20-07-2005, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all your advice.

I just bought the MAC brush set yesterday at Tangs.

Haha...the Sales person told me they having promotion...travel size brushes with carrying pouch for S$95.00. The brushes are shorter than the actual size brushes. Since a foundation brush cost S$60...being a kiasu Singaporean...I bought the set.

This is the first time I buying MAC brushes...dont know the promotion is real or is it a standard packaging that they have. Anyway, the pouch looks quite nice.

Will try out using them with all the advice given.

Really hope that it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Jess
                              Babe_sg,

Do you actually put on concealer under the eye area. If you do, the cakey problem might be due to the concealer being too dry. Alternatively, try mixing the concealer with a little of serum essence or moisturizer. Always remember to use your forefinger to apply foundation,eye cream,concealer to your eye. Or, you can also mix liquid foundation with concealer.

If you put on the eye cream before make up, i'm afraid that the absorption is not as good and may cause the eye make up to fade easily. And putting on night eye cream is not encourage under make up. HTHs
                              Thanks Jess,

But I dont apply concealer under my eye area, actually planning to do that after I solve my cheeks cakey issues first.

Will keep your advice in mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X