Shopping at airport or in town?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping at airport or in town?

Hi girls! Just want to check if the prices of cosmetic are lower at the airport. Am i supposed to buy before i leave SG to enjoy GST relief? Or is the price the same if i get it when i come back to SG? thanks!!

Cosmetics prices is generally cheaper at the airport compared to town. Check the airport cosmetics price list for more info. Airport counters do have some LE bundles or sets or gwps that town don't offer.

Purchase them when you are departing to exempt yourself fr paying GST. Just provide the SA with your passport and flight no. or your boarding pass will do.

If you are buying them on your arrival, you need to pay the 5% GST, on top on the airport prices.

HtHs and bon voyage!

Comment

alright... thanks!!

Comment

im currently working at the airport and cosmetic products there are definitely cheaper than the ones selling in singapore departmental stores...
        they have special promotions and bundles which you can grab at reasonable prices..
        for some brands such as clinque, they come in traveller's pack for those cosmetics

Comment

Hi granolaprincess,

Is there any stila GWP at changi duty-free going on right now?

thx
          [
          Last edited by princess_lea; 26-01-2006, 01:52 PM.

Comment

There is a Stila GWP when I was there last week. Spend $120 and get a longish black makeup pouch, lipglaze and some other stuff. Think about 4 items total.

Comment

I'm also torn between buying cosmetics at the airport or in town as i'm going to europe soon. Just realised that the GST exemption at airport, i save 5% but with the citibank tangs card, i get 8% rebate. So am sticking to buying cosmetics and skincare at tangs

Comment

its true tangs get 8% which seems like more discount. but i think the pricing at the airport is already lower right?

in stila thread, someone mentioned that for the same gloss it cost $28 at the airport & $38 at tangs ~ $35 at tangs discount?

Comment

Wow i had no idea thanks nutty for the heads up.

I will certainly check if the MAC sheertone shimmer blush i want is priced lower than $33 at airport.

Comment

anyone knows if we can get SK II priviledge card when we shop at DFS?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarbean
                      Wow i had no idea thanks nutty for the heads up.

I will certainly check if the MAC sheertone shimmer blush i want is priced lower than $33 at airport.
                      not sure if you will get the blush you want coz when I was there a couple of weeks ago the selection for the blushers were very limited... the SA told me that they normally only carry sheertones & matte and no shimmer ones coz I wanted Peachykeen...

Comment

Working...
                      X