Make up for Tan girls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make up for Tan girls

I'm constantly in the sun and have really tan skin. I can't seem to find many colours that will suit me. Could someone tell me what colour eye shadows I could try?

Pastel seems to look the worst on me. Today I tried brown and black....didn't look too bad.

maybe u can go to the makeup counters to seek the professional advice of the make up artiste?
    Maybe MAC since they have really extensive range of foundations?

But personally i think that u can only choose warm colours like browns or neutral colours...
    Yup pastel really is not suitable at all. Cos when i was slightly tanner in the past, i made the mistake of using pastel coloured colours and it made me look really washed..

Comment

Im really tanned too! (Thanks to frequent wakeboarding!)
      But I reeeeally like pastel colours!
      I use alot of green and yellow to highlight my brow area.
      The trick is to use lotsa lotsa eyeliner n mascara!
      It really brightens the look.

Comment

I'm tanned too, but I don't use eyeshadow, it's too dramatic for me I feel. I prefer having just eyeliner on. I use umm black, brown, gold & dark blue eyeliner.

But for eyeshadow colours, maybe you can try a dark shimmery earthly colours such as green, brown? I always see darked models using that in magazines and it looks fab imo.

And bronzer! A must.

Comment

turquoise!
          mac has beautiful blushers for darker skintones. i love their cremeblushes, esp. cheeky.

Comment

I'm also quite tanned. I go for very dramatic colours. But i think dark brown do a good job for a neutral look in the day. Ya, i can't let eye liner and mascara go as well. I got very small eyes.

Comment

Another tanned girl reporting here! I've often been told by makeup artists that my best colours are browns, oranges, bronze and I should stay away from pastel colours. But somehow they make me look very yellow and lack of life. Even my friends agree that pastel colours seem to brighten me up more.

The warm colours that worked for me are:
              Stila's kitten, sunlight, eden...I do love Stila's wam colours as they really complement my skintone and plus their colours are pretty true.

The cool colours that worked for me:
              Shimmery pastel colours usually come out grey on me or off-colour. But then I really do like them for their highlighting properties. So I usually mix matte and shimmer together, matte to get the colour and shimmer to get the effect.

Its been lots of trial-and-error for me, generally purples from japanese brands like Shu work well on me. Blues, I like EL's and I usually mix in some pearlised/shimmery highlighters to make the look less 80s.

One thing I've learned about tanned skin is, a subtle amount of shimmer really brightens up the skintone instead of making one look tired.

Comment

What foundation are you all using? I'm currently using the chanel matifying foundation but I'm so tan, the darkest tone is still too fair for me. So on top of that, I use a darker tone from MAc.

Comment

Originally posted by Phis
                  I'm constantly in the sun and have really tan skin. I can't seem to find many colours that will suit me. Could someone tell me what colour eye shadows I could try?

Pastel seems to look the worst on me. Today I tried brown and black....didn't look too bad.
                  Maybe you can take bronze or gold to achieve a more intense look. Bronze looks great on tanned skin. And i think warm colours would be better instead of pastel soft colours.

Comment

i'm a MAC NC37 or BB Warm Beige so i think that's quite dark? most colors in my palette are greens, pink, burgundy, taupe, purple and gold. they work pretty well. blue is very tricky. got to use a good base and a very pigmented e/s color.

Comment

yeah, that's the annoying thing about foundations in singapore.

for stila's tinted moisturiser i use warm. i'm bb honey.

pastel pistachio green looks good on me. turquoise and teal blues do too. light shimmery/sparkly shades look much better than pastel ones. yes, stila kitten is lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by kestrel
                        i'm a MAC NC37 or BB Warm Beige so i think that's quite dark? most colors in my palette are greens, pink, burgundy, taupe, purple and gold. they work pretty well. blue is very tricky. got to use a good base and a very pigmented e/s color.
                        i can never do purple. it'll make me looks like i got punched in the eye.

in fact, i find that it is very diff to get colours looking like colours on me. haha....coz so tan...all the colours just doesn't stands out on my skin.

Comment

i think i'm darker than you, and purple looks good on me. you have to look around. mac creme de violet didn't look good on me, but hepcat does, and so does violet divin from bourjois and some purple things from i nuovi.

Comment

I'm a MAC NC 43, and i'm liking orangey hues, bronze, browns and golds right now. A little sad that i can't use my lighter greens now that i'm darker. Sigh.

Comment

Finally decided to give green a try. Bought "fog" and "plum" from inouvi yesterday. Absolutely love it! Never knew my skin could carry green. Think I will go back and buy more coours next month!

Comment

Working...
                              X