Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YSL vs CoverMark. Which foundation is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YSL vs CoverMark. Which foundation is better?

Hi all pretty cotters.

I've heard lots of raves about both YSL and CoverMark foundation.

For YSL, I think there is a pearly powder foundation (if I'm not wrong), that can make one look as if has flawless complexion. Anyone using YSL foundation now (or used to)? Does YSL have other foundations? Which is good???

For CoverMark, I heard their Extra Formula is very good. Any comment or complain about it?

I read lots of comments on both YSL vs CoverMark, on some Taiwanese forum websites. They were comparing them for their pearly effect (or pearl powder) foundations. Pearl Powder foundation is believed to give complexion a healthy glow, make skin look flawless.

CoverMark is to be known for its good coverage., but some people experience breakouts. YSL is described as the tough competitor against CoverMark's Extra Formula, but no complain about breakouts for YSL.

Anyone here can share with me your experience or knowledge about these 2 brands? Or anyone can recommend any other foundation which has good coverage and pearl powder in it?

Thanks in advance.

I'm using Covermark's Extra Formulation in shade 01 (thanks to the recommendations of many cotters) and there's absolutely no "pearly effect" on my skin. In fact, I find that Shu Uemura's Water Perfect Smoothing Water-In Fluid Foundation gives a much more healthy glow.

Covermark EF is also very creamy. It looks great upon application, but under certain lighting, can look a little thick. For a flawless finish with this particular foundation, I find these two have a significant effect:
    - using a sponge/brush to apply
    - setting with loose powder

Hope the info helps!

Comment

Originally posted by slf
      I'm using Covermark's Extra Formulation in shade 01 (thanks to the recommendations of many cotters) and there's absolutely no "pearly effect" on my skin. In fact, I find that Shu Uemura's Water Perfect Smoothing Water-In Fluid Foundation gives a much more healthy glow.

Covermark EF is also very creamy. It looks great upon application, but under certain lighting, can look a little thick. For a flawless finish with this particular foundation, I find these two have a significant effect:
      - using a sponge/brush to apply
      - setting with loose powder

Hope the info helps!

Hi Slf,

Thanks for your advice.

But what's your verdict for CoverMark's EF, since you are using it now? Are you satisifed with this product? Any complains about it?

I went t to the CoverMark counter at Taka last weekend. The consultant there was not friendly & professional enough to make me feel confident about this EF. She's rude and just pretended not to see me when I wanted to ask more about their products. And her knowledge on their products not very impressive. That's why I didn't make up my mind that day.

Slf, any other foundation & concealor to recommend???

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. I kinda missed this thread. Oops...

My verdict: Excellent coverage; throw away your concealer! Doesn't clog up pores. Has herbs which are good for the skin (haven't really noticed this effect though).
        Complaints: If your skin is dry or the littlest flaky, this foundation is not forgiving!

I have to agree that the SA at Taka doesn't seem to know a product very well. I posted a colour chart for their EF foundation at the Covermark thread. It's quite straightforward. Will be more useful than the SA's explanation.

Comment

YSL is really good, imo. It does give a nice finish, but not dewy look. It is matte yet you look as if you are wearing some kind of light reflection on your face. Try it, I am using no. 2 (MAC NC 30). No. 3 is a little too dark for a nice bglowing look after blusher is applied on the cheeks.

Comment

yah. i heard that covermark has high coverage.. but it tends to give the 'overly' made up feel.
            anyway.. have not personally used it b4, these are comments from my friends

Comment

I have tried Covermark. Find it good for dinner but a bit heavy for daily usage. Coz it's matte & the coverage is very thick. Good if U have freckles or pimple scars and want to hide them. But it's quite exp. Ovr a hundred. I think many Japs like this brand.

Comment

I am currently using YSL's pearly powder foundation. Its great for natural looking coverage, it spreads over your skin like silk and gives medium coverage with a pearly matt effect. Its quite long lasting too, I apply it in the morning at 8am and lasts all the way to 7pm without touch ups and caking. Its my HG . YSL's 2 way was one of the top scorers when Her World did a 2 way foundation review.

I heard bought it frm the SA at Taka, she's very helpful. She did mention the the lighter tones are goes out of stock easily. As for covermark, I heard that the coverage is heavier.

Comment

Does YSL has a counter at Tangs? Thanks.

Comment

yes wenlee..tangs have YSL

Comment

Originally posted by blushblush View Post
                      I am currently using YSL's pearly powder foundation. Its great for natural looking coverage, it spreads over your skin like silk and gives medium coverage with a pearly matt effect. Its quite long lasting too, I apply it in the morning at 8am and lasts all the way to 7pm without touch ups and caking. Its my HG . YSL's 2 way was one of the top scorers when Her World did a 2 way foundation review.

I heard bought it frm the SA at Taka, she's very helpful. She did mention the the lighter tones are goes out of stock easily. As for covermark, I heard that the coverage is heavier.
                      What's your skin type & how much is YSL's pearly powder foundation?

Comment

Working...
                      X