Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitening foundations

Hi,

What is the deal with these foundations? Are they like normal foundatioins except they contain whitening ingrediants? Have heard of guerlain & chanel having these type of foundations & they contain SPF as well. but the SPF isnt suficent, you still need a sunblock right?

are you currently using a whitening foundation? if yes - which brand. rants/raves. if no- why?

ohh & if you can think of anything else about these type of stuff, please post!

thanks

think Loreal just release their UV perfect whitening foundation....saw it at Watson...anyone care for a try ???
    wonder if it really has dual advantages - whitening and coverage

Comment

Ooh, just in time

Za would be launchin a new true white foundation which aims to conceal blemishes and acne scars while giving good SPF protection and also control oil.
      It all just sounds like a miracle foundation but I am quite tempted to try this one!

Has anyone seen it in the latest issue of Cleo?

Comment

I tried Chanel's liquid foundation (can't remember the name, but it's not from the whitening range) together with the whitening 2 way foundation. I don't like that.

Firstly, I ended up with very thick m/u. Then it doesn't help to solve my oily t-zone. That's why I did not continue with the product after they were finished. Plus with that price, I can get much better foundations.

I also tried Clarins' and Estee's too. I notice all these whitening foundation comes in 2 way cake form, which I'm not used to using. I prefer loose powder.

I'm not really concerned with the SPF thing since I'm always indoor (so I dont use a sunblock), but I always just make it point to check that they have at least SPF15. I wouldn't bother to lookout for these whitening foundation anymore after all these not-so-good experience, cos I think my daily whitening essence, moisturizer and supplements has been good so far

Comment

has anyone tried clarins soft touch moose foundation?
          Last edited by fairprincess; 17-03-2006, 12:34 PM.

Comment

I do have Chanel whitening 2way cake, I find it pretty alright actually. I apply light handed and the coverage is quite sheer maybe medium? but not very thick... powder's very fine as well, so I like that. it's got SPF of 25+++ so sometimes when I am lazy i don't use sunblock...

xuelint, don't mind me asking but you use LF then use 2way on top to set?

Comment

Originally posted by fairprincess
              has anyone tried clarins soft touch moose foundation?
              I did, texture is the same as Maybelline's dream matte mousse but I would say Clarins' color range is very limited... only 5 colors iirc

Comment

I have Cosme Decorte whitening foundation. It's quite sticky IMO. Has SPF30 and whitening/skin caring ingredients. I definitely need to top up with loose powder while i sometimes skip loose powder with other brands of liquid foundation if i'm in a hurry.

Comment

If the foundation really whitens -- like it claims to, won't the foundation shade be unsuitable after a while?

Comment

Originally posted by mystixx
                    I do have Chanel whitening 2way cake, I find it pretty alright actually. I apply light handed and the coverage is quite sheer maybe medium? but not very thick... powder's very fine as well, so I like that. it's got SPF of 25+++ so sometimes when I am lazy i don't use sunblock...

xuelint, don't mind me asking but you use LF then use 2way on top to set?
                    Hi mystixx, yup, I use the 2 way cake after my LF. But I applied it very lightly, so that the makeup wont look so thick, but guess even then, it was still quite heavy.

That's why I prefer liquid foundation and loose powder. I tried applying 2 way foundation alone and it looks quite powdery on me. Maybe I'm just not used to it.

Plus I don't really like the pinkish tone recommended by the MA, I think my skin is closer to yellow tone.

Comment

fairprincess: Clarins' soft touch moose foundation is not bad, I dust some loose powder over it. But the problem is that I don't like to use my fingers to apply the foundation, that's why I stopped after the first jar.

Comment

Oh yes, I saw the ZA true white foundation in CLEO and I decided to try it! I've just started using it so.. not sure if it whitens or lightens scars. Just thought that it is a great product! Makes my skin look smooth and radiant, good coverage and not cakey at all. =)

Comment

i'm currently using shiseido white lucent foundation.absolutely great.
                          it has melanin spot control,defends uv rays,high spf and also balancing skin transperancy.
                          it evens out my skin tones so effectively.worth buying.

shiseido counter sell the compact case and the 2way cake foundation separately.

Comment

May I know how much is it? Sounds great =)

Comment

i've tried whitening foundation too... kanebo faircrea with spf29 pa+++. was totally sold by the perfect colour match and sun protection! but turns out my dry skin is not suitable for powder foundations. so it's another one of my experiments that landed in my swap list again. is it just me, or are all whitening foundations powder foundations? i would love something liquid.

Comment

Working...
                              X