waterproof make-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waterproof make-up

any of u girls use waterproof foundations??
    I'm looking for some to use when I go to the beach..
    but do u put it on like other non waterproof foundations?? I'm interested in Shu's Nobara Cream Foundation ..anyone tried that before? or any better recommendations? sorry for the many questions!

hi there,i've never used any waterproof foundation before, but i suggest maybe u try tinted moisterizer instead of waterproof foundation if you are going to the beach..it'll look more natural & beneficial for your skin since you'll be under the sun.

Comment

I can only think of RMK - it's waterproof as stated in the brochure. Next brand, is covermark. Not too sure if Covermark sells one now, all i know is they used too.

Comment

what does a tinted moisturizer do?
        but is waterproof foundation bad for your skin?

Comment

A tinted moisturizer is a moisturizer that is slightly tinted to even out skin tone (like Origins' Nude and Improved: my favourite!). Some are formulated with a sun screen protection factor but I wouldn't trust these to protect my skin from the sun adequately, so I use a tinted moisturizer over a layer of sunscreen, especially if I'm spending a day out in the sun.

I personally wouldn't wear a waterproof foundation because I'll like my skin to "breathe"!

How about using a tinted moisturizer and concealer to cover up acne spots (if you have them like I do, hah) or dark spots?

Comment

yup,i sure agree with jeanette,its better to keep makeup to a minimal if you're going to be out in the sun. tinted moisterizer & tinted lipbalm/lip gloss & waterproof mascara would be good ****.

Comment

thx for all the help! i'll go try out the tinted moisturizer!
              is waterproof concealer needed then?

Comment

Try INuovi's concealers! (SGD20) I don't think they are "waterproof" simply because it isn't stated anywhere, but one of its ingredients is wax, and wax is waterproof (right, science students? heh) so it'll just sit on your skin and not budge. It works great for me!

Comment

hi jeanette, i am using ettusais 31 too. how do you find the INOUVI concealer? is it better than ettusais? hmm..quite interested to try inouvi also. might pop in to the counter during the weekend to check it out.

Comment

i have read the thread about tinted moisturizer..many of the cotters experienced breakouts.. i guess i'll just stick with my normal make-up??

Comment

I have rather sensitive skin. I once put a little anti-acne lotion (so-called!) and 10 minutes later my face started breaking out in little bumps and it was really scary. My sister was witness to this!

I find I have no problems with using Origins' Nude and Improved and Fasio's Oil-Free Foundation so you could try both of those out.

Comment

Waterproof foundation

after the covermark mixed up, the search for a waterproof, yet non-comedogenic n hypoallergenic foundation is on ^^

any recommendations from fellow cotters? i'm looking for something that can withstand heavy perspiration.

Comment

Try revlon colourstay foundation, it will give good coverage depending on how thick a layer u apply... for me, i like it a lot because it really really stays on.. 24 hours without touch-up!

but u need to find the right colour though... somehow mine is between the last and second last tone.. so have to swim to maintain the tone??!?!

Can try to get assistance from SA, there is one at toa payoh watsons sometimes...

Try it now that watsons has 20% off!

Comment

Waterproof Eyeliners

I need a really smudge proof and waterproof black/brown eyeliner that won't budge even if i go swimming in it. Any recommendations?
                            Thanks.

Comment

Try Blacktrax or Dipdown Fluidlines from MAC? Haven't tried going swimming with them but they sure stay on all day - smudgeproof!

Comment

Working...
                              X