Fave Nail Polishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fave Nail Polishes

Hey Girls, just wanna find out your favourite brand of nail polishes and do post the ultimate RED & NUDE/BROWN colours that you all love...

sometimes when i wanna save $$ i think i will paint my own nails...and until now i haven't found a really nice red and brown colour
    Do post all brands and prices...even those really cheapo ones that you find really nice also can!

How about MAC? :wink:

I can't tell you the names of the colors right off but I spied really cool red & nudey colors. $15+15% off if I buy it for you. :wink:

Comment

Problem is cos' of my abit tanned skin....i can't carry off super bright reds...i actually own a YSL nail polish (this one's really glossy and nice) in bright chilli red...i can only wear it on really special occasions but not to school, abit too Glam Queen
      Anyway now i'm looking into browns...cos' i think they look really nice...anyway i'll go check out MAC soon and let you know if i wanna get any, thank Stella! :o

Comment

my fave red is OPI I'm Not Really a Waitress - really striking, non-tacky, non-slutty red; u have to check it out

my fave nude shades are from the older PN range (the first range) or Fasio - they have a browny nude pink called Old Rose which u may wanna check out

a tip for top coat - Sally Hansen Mega Shine ROCKS - shiny and really non-chip! i've had my nailpolish on for 2 days and they're still going strong even tho' i use my nails for everything from opening cans to prying stuff so usually after 2-3 days, my nails start to chip no matter what i use but this time with the SH Mega Shine, it's still great after 2 days! i'll update on this after a week, hope it's the *ultimate* top coat

Comment

Sorry, I'm a broken record...the only red I wear is Chanel Rouge Noir. I think my tastes in nail polish swing to extremes, with nothing in between. It's Rouge Noir, or Nude! (French Manicure) Browns just look dirty on me.

I know which YSL red you're talking about. THat shade is incredible on tanned skin! On fairer skins I think it will just look kinda cheap.

Ayura does some nice red-browns! You may wanna check those out - best applicator around as well! :wink:

Comment

i don't know if you all remember but 5S used to have great nail polishes cos' their applicator's really good...too bad they pulled out :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by "Pauline"

i don't know if you all remember but 5S used to have great nail polishes cos' their applicator's really good...too bad they pulled out :wink:
              Yesss!!! I 2nd this! I owned a really cute sheer pinky nail polish with silver glitter suspended inside! So pretty... :wink:

Comment

i so regret not buying more when they were around...i only own this metellic purple shade that i don't wear at all

Comment

These days I swear by OPI polishes. I agree with the I'm Not Really a Waitress rec. Also Changing of the Garnet and Soho Nice to Meet You.

Browns ... actually I did my nails last night ... and I tried a brownish polish that I've never tried before. It's OPI Tulsa T-Rolla. It's actually a brown with mauve/burgundy undertones. I put Northern Lights Gold Topcoat on and it's really pretty! Another good one is Nicole's Guys Dig It.

Nudes - OPI Samoan Sand is really pretty. There are several other good nudes by OPI. I can go hunt up the colors and post later.

Comment

Where are OPI's nail polished sold? and anyway they don't carry all the shades in SIngapore do they??

Comment

I like Queen of Nile from OPI.... a lovely nudish pink.

Comment

Originally posted by "ppie"

Originally posted by Pauline
                        Where are OPI's nail polished sold? and anyway they don't carry all the shades in SIngapore do they??
                        LMK if you need me to grab you any from here ... :D
                        Thanx Wanda! how much are they retailing for?? :o

Comment

I like nail polishes from Clinique and PN. Nice colours!

But i only get one or two when i go shoopping and end up buying nuthing....den i will convince myself to buy nail polish.

But nowadays i seldom get them lah... hahaha... coz too many lemmings these days!

Comment

I have a few shades from Clinique but they only seem to make pretty girly shades ;p

When UD was around I had some of their most gorgeous looking shades of green!

These days I love Maybelline's express nail polish or something like that. It's cheaper than high-end brands at only about $12 (i think), they've got pretty gd colour selections, plus mine lasts and lasts! It's amazing! I'm currently into purples and black My toenails are never without nail polish! 8O

Comment

Originally posted by "Pauline"

Originally posted by ppie
                              Originally posted by Pauline
                              LMK if you need me to grab you any from here ... :D
                              Thanx Wanda! how much are they retailing for?? :o
                              They're US$6 ... I haven't been to look at them this year - I think I heard that they were going up to US$7.

Comment

Working...
                              X