Solutions for Dry Skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solutions for Dry Skin

U know how skin shines when it's overly dry? it looks like shimmers when u look closely but they are really dry patches, i hv this lots of my arms & legs. now with overdose of lotions, i feel softer skin but i still hv those shiny patch especially @ the bend of my arm i.e the other side of the elbow! & on my kneecap! not that i don scrub, am a complusive scrubber now! it's just reflection of light???

i think u need to get something specifically for dry spots - TBS body butters work for me but why don't u try:

1. CDLM - yah very expensive but just *try*?
    2. Nivea Creme - very thick heavy cream but i think this may work, it's the one in a blue metal tin, not the Nivea Soft in a white plastic jar

Comment

ok tonight i wld take my CDLM & rub on my hands! if it works, i m so dead!

Comment

*faints at the thought of CDLM on body*
        Try Avon Retroactive, a gd alternative to CDLM... both very greasy anyway :roll:
        I know Farah you mentioned Hazeline Snow broke you out, but on your elbows it may be rich enough and not break you out there? CHEAP too!

Comment

Originally posted by champagne
          Try Avon Retroactive, a gd alternative to CDLM... both very greasy anyway :roll:
          I know Farah you mentioned Hazeline Snow broke you out, but on your elbows it may be rich enough and not break you out there? CHEAP too!
          mel, v good memory there! i must hv mentioned hazeline snow quite a while ago...hmmm u forgot i am a paranoid gal so not even on the body it would be! i know i hv evon sampla somewhere...CDLM first tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by champagne
            You'd probably flip at this, but I believe there's a spa place in Holland V that offers LA MER pedicures!!!

Aerin Lauder, who heads the Estee Lauder group of companies, slathers La Mer all over her elbows and feet too.

Comment

well yeah - but she practically owns the company!!!! (forget the public listing part)

Originally posted by pandora76 Aerin Lauder, who heads the Estee Lauder group of companies, slathers La Mer all over her elbows and feet too.

Comment

Originally posted by pandora76
                You'd probably flip at this, but I believe there's a spa place in Holland V that offers LA MER pedicures!!!

Aerin Lauder, who heads the Estee Lauder group of companies, slathers La Mer all over her elbows and feet too.
                LA MER pedicures...*faints*

&

La Mer on elbows & feet...hmmm sounds like keiko!

Comment

sad to announce La Mer worked very well on the dry patch...it's just day one but i like what i see...i sense 80% of the pot i am left with would have go there...i m grateful now the mega long swap i was trying to work for this fell thru after waiting for what seemed like an eternal! 8O still it's a terrible pain to the pockets!

Comment

try nivea creme after CDLM for less ouch on the pocket, i think it's comparable in terms of moisturizing power

Comment

Originally posted by bluebubble
                      try nivea creme after CDLM for less ouch on the pocket, i think it's comparable in terms of moisturizing power
                      i am hoping my skin clears after a few use & then just diligent me with body butters...i still have those stubborn sticky ones that i just have to grit & bear all stickiness!!! *cross fingers i don't need anything too exp in the LR*

Comment

oh yeah me too, i'm trying to use up those TBS body butters - cleaning up one full size tub of nut tonight or tomorrow, yay! one down, two more to go! love how soft they leave my skin the morning but just can't take the greasiness enough to repurchase at full price!

i think nivea creme is good, in fact, i will buy that when all my fancy body lotions and creams run out and use them on my dry spots i.e. elbows, knees

Originally posted by farahdean
                        i am hoping my skin clears after a few use & then just diligent me with body butters...i still have those stubborn sticky ones that i just have to grit & bear all stickiness!!! *cross fingers i don't need anything too exp in the LR*

Comment

[i]
                          i think nivea creme is good, in fact, i will buy that when all my fancy body lotions and creams run out and use them on my dry spots i.e. elbows, knees [/COLOR][/B]

I have a full tub of TBS Mango butter to get through. I recently noticed though, that after I use the TBS MAngo scrub, I have ants flocking to my bed! EEEKS! :o: I hope the same won't happen when I use the body butter!

Speaking of Nivea....I used to use Nivea soft....then a guy told me I smelt like his mother.... Needless to say, I never touched that stuff again.

Comment

TBS mango body is the *greasiest* in the line IMO and tho' i haven't tried *all* the TBS body butters, i've tried olive, nut, shea, honey, and melonseed. mango is just the greasiest, yuck, i was soooooo happy to finish my mini tub finally!

I have a full tub of TBS Mango butter to get through. I recently noticed though, that after I use the TBS MAngo scrub, I have ants flocking to my bed! EEEKS! :o: I hope the same won't happen when I use the body butter!

Speaking of Nivea....I used to use Nivea soft....then a guy told me I smelt like his mother.... Needless to say, I never touched that stuff again.

Comment

ants??? been using mango for a long time & never i had ants! think coz i double cleanse with showergel/soap after the rinse! cinnamon stick - buy them & leave some near yr bed before u sleep!

Comment

Working...
                              X