Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top/Base Coats, Strengthener, Thinner

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Top/Base Coats, Strengthener, Thinner

    Hello! I need a clear nail polish; was previously using Sally Hansen Step one or something :huh:

    Now, which ones are you using? And which is most lasting or gives you the most shiny nails?
    Last edited by dolphin; 24-04-2003, 03:06 PM.

  • #2
    I'm using Shu Uemura's base top. It doubles as top coat too i think.

    Last pretty long and it's gd quality for the price i guess. I got it more than a year ago and it's still not thicken or harden in the bottle... :wheee:

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ponine
      I'm using Shu Uemura's base top. It doubles as top coat too i think.

      Last pretty long and it's gd quality for the price i guess. I got it more than a year ago and it's still not thicken or harden in the bottle... :wheee:
      Second this!! Get Shu Top coat and base coat. After 3 years, still as good. But the only thing I see is that the top coat turns a bit yellow but doesn't affect anything at all. Love the Quick Dry by Shu as well.

      Another good one to try is Sally Hansen 30sec basecoat. I double this by using as my top coat as well.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by raebelasian
        Second this!! Get Shu Top coat and base coat. After 3 years, still as good. But the only thing I see is that the top coat turns a bit yellow but doesn't affect anything at all. Love the Quick Dry by Shu as well.


        Hehe.. actually i bought the Quick Dry for curiousity sake. Was kinda curious to see how it works to fasten drying of nail polishes.

        I actally don't see much effect. But i still use it for the fun. But i think it does helps to smooth out nail polishes ... just a little.


        Comment


        • #5
          I Sally Hansen's Mega Shine Top Coat! makes any colour look great!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Pauline
            I Sally Hansen's Mega Shine Top Coat! makes any colour look great!
            Another shiny-licious vote for this! Makes my pedicure last and it gives a mirror like shine!

            Mag

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ponine
              Hehe.. actually i bought the Quick Dry for curiousity sake. Was kinda curious to see how it works to fasten drying of nail polishes.

              I actally don't see much effect. But i still use it for the fun. But i think it does helps to smooth out nail polishes ... just a little.


              Agree with u It does smooth out the nail polishes and don't you think the purple liquid looks so good, though it doesn't make sense to my bf when I bought it.

              Comment


              • #8
                A little OT, bit another porduct I'll recommend it Sally Hensen 'Get even hydrating Ridge filler'.

                It's clear, and can act as a base coat, or worn on it's own.

                One coat, you'll get healthy-looking, slightly shiny mails, as though they have been newly buffed.


                Two coats, there'll be more shine, and great looking nails!

                2 thumbs up for this. And better still, it dries very fast! My fav!

                Comment


                • #9
                  i'm using OPI Nail Envy (got psychoed by a manicurist and she was very nice so I got it for an outrageous price!)

                  my nails used to break really easily too esp when it got too long, but after religiously applying this it doesn't tend to break so often.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i used nailtek and it promise you on the high shine though is meant for intensive treatment for brittle nail on the one i got myself so better still top and under layer before colour polish or otherwise just on its own!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Poshe is an awesome top coat and also a quick dry for nailpolish. This has become my HG!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Dear ALL,

                        Girlfriend been complaining that her nail polish takes too long to dry, especially when she is rushing to report for duty.

                        I suggested she use those quick dry nail polishes. She said its no good for her because it damages her nails. I don't even know what that means. How the hell does one damages one's nails?

                        Any suggestions please? Something that dries quickly, does not cause nail damage, and available in those SQ Ah Soh dark red colours.

                        The WOrld according to Psycho

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hey Uncle,

                          I saw this gadget at Tangs electronics dept. It's this small dryer thing that after painting your nails, you place your hands below this dryer to let the varnish dry quickly. Hope it helps.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dimples
                            Hey Uncle,

                            I saw this gadget at Tangs electronics dept. It's this small dryer thing that after painting your nails, you place your hands below this dryer to let the varnish dry quickly. Hope it helps.

                            Totally awesome. I'm put one in my car and one in her room.

                            Women. Nail varnish gets smeared also come and bite my head off.

                            THanks for your kind help.

                            The WOrld according to Psycho

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Uncle_Psycho
                              Dear ALL,

                              Girlfriend been complaining that her nail polish takes too long to dry, especially when she is rushing to report for duty.

                              I suggested she use those quick dry nail polishes. She said its no good for her because it damages her nails. I don't even know what that means. How the hell does one damages one's nails?

                              Any suggestions please? Something that dries quickly, does not cause nail damage, and available in those SQ Ah Soh dark red colours.

                              The WOrld according to Psycho
                              Uncle P, I use OPI nailpolish and Poshe topcoat. The Poshe gives a nice shine to the polish and quick dries the polish. And it dries the polish FAST! It also helps my nailpolish to last longer in between manicures. I'm not sure if it's available in SG ... it's somewhere around USD $8 or $9 here.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X