Manicure Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manicure Kit

Saw the Barang Barang Manicure Kit ($9.90) in the papers today. Looks good!

Just wondering has anyone tried doing their own DIY manicures/pedicures with such kits ?

How was it ?

hopping onto this thread! i hate DIY-ing manicures... the left hand is very nice but the right hand has lots of streaks and smudges.. really irritating so i end up wiping everything off...

i did that 3 times today!

would to paint my own nails nicely.. any tips?

Comment

Practice practice and more practice. I used to do mine horribly too :p

Use a steady hand leaning on a table to do your manicure helps too.

Comment

Originally posted by duckiee
        would to paint my own nails nicely.. any tips?
        What about getting one of those eraser pen thingy for cleaning off nail polish that stains the cuticle area and the sides of your nails I think Sally Hansen has them. Try out with lighter colours first. At least the smudges are not that obvious

Comment

i'm a cheapo so i always do my nails myself.

joanna: initially, i sucked at doing my own nails too! so wobbly and smeared all over. urgh

i realised the trick is to get the right amount of polish on the brush and be very very steady. go slowly if you're wobbly. also, painting your own nails is a great way to cultivate patience! you can't rush it and have to layer it slowly. i always screw up right at the end but going off to do other things after doing my nails, thus ending up with icky scratches!

like ponine said, practice always helps. so does steadying your hands on a surface. you could always go for manicures and check out their techniques.

keep a bottle of nail polish remover handy, as well as cotton buds! just in case.

a trick to make your manicure last longer is to start with applying a strip on the edge of your nails, like a french mani, as reinforcement since the tip's usually the first to chip.

Comment

How do u ladies perform manicures at home? Do u all push back the cuticles, file, buff your nails etc before applying nail polishes? Is a manicure kit necessary? What are the steps to a DIY manicure?

TIA!

Comment

Filing is a must for me. Cos I want to maintain my nail shape and keep it short. My favourite shape is squal oval. I only buff the nails edge cos need to 'seal' the edges after filing.

I don't push my cuticle often only once every few weeks.

I find manicure kit is good but you have to know the right ways to use it incase of hurting your cuticles. If the cuticles are damaged, it'll cause infection and nails won't grow.

Comment

Re: Manicure Kit

Originally posted by ponine
                Saw the Barang Barang Manicure Kit ($9.90) in the papers today. Looks good!

Just wondering has anyone tried doing their own DIY manicures/pedicures with such kits ?

How was it ?
                I know this is a little late... but may I know where to buy the Barang Barang Manicure Kit? And is it still available now? If not, is there any DIY kits out there?
                Last edited by xiaozhu85; 17-01-2005, 05:54 PM.

Comment

not sure about the Barang Barang manicure kit, but i like the Zwilling Henckel's kit.

v sharp and v easy to trim and file nails.

Comment

so where do i get this Zwilling Henkel's Kit and how much does it cost?
                    Last edited by xiaozhu85; 17-01-2005, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Zwillings is NOT cheap but it beats using blunting scissors/clippers to do your nails.

i got my set during a promo for about $40. i know Taka and Tangs carry the range, not sure which other stores do.

my set has a nail file, curved scissors, fold-down nail clippers and tweezers
                      Last edited by vixette; 14-01-2005, 08:16 PM.

Comment

I have a DIY kit from Natural Source that was given to me, never used. PM me if you're interested.

Does anyone find that some colours seem to be streakier than others? I have MAC's Gossamer, which is a very pale pink - almost white - and it streaks like crazy, no matter how I apply it. The only way to get it even is to apply a thick layer, which means that it just chips faster.

Comment

Nail file

I noticed there are many different types of nail files e.g. glass, diamond, ceramic etc. What's everyone's favourite and where do you get them?

Comment

Anyone knows where to get automated manicure kit?

something like this? or similar?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ayphotohosting

Comment

i let the professional do my nails cos i'm very lazy to do it myslf.

Comment

Working...
                              X