Handcream for sensitive hands/skin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handcream for sensitive hands/skin?

Hi. As my hand is getting rather drying nowadays, I need to get one nice fragrance, non-greasy and yet light (but at the same time perform its function of - moisturising) hand cream. Sounds very demanding hahaha.

I need to get something light/non greasy because my hands/skin will have small water bubbles forming up (mostly in bwt fingers) whenever I used too rich pdts. then hands become itchy......

i'm those who will get those bubbles when I washed too much dishes or wash my hands with too much soap. So if anyone has such problematic skin as mine and is able to use certain brands of handcream, pls post it here. Thanks!

Re: Handcream for sensitive hands/skin?

Originally posted by VinLongo
    Hi. As my hand is getting rather drying nowadays, I need to get one nice fragrance, non-greasy and yet light (but at the same time perform its function of - moisturising) hand cream. Sounds very demanding hahaha.

I need to get something light/non greasy because my hands/skin will have small water bubbles forming up (mostly in bwt fingers) whenever I used too rich pdts. then hands become itchy......

i'm those who will get those bubbles when I washed too much dishes or wash my hands with too much soap. So if anyone has such problematic skin as mine and is able to use certain brands of handcream, pls post it here. Thanks!
    u might want to try sobelene cream
    not sure whether it is available in sg though
    i use it when my hands cracked due to too much washing of hands

Comment

Try Eucerin intensive F handcream. My SO has got ecezma(sp) and his hands are very sensitive and dry. Put this on before you go to bed. It's sticky but the next morning, you wake up with smooth and moisturised skin. Can get this at any pharmacies. Cheap and good. under $15 for the large bottle, IIRC.

Comment

Try Avene hand cream (with cold cream). This brand is specially formulated for sensitive skins and products contain a high level of thermal spring water. Can be found in Guardian Pharmacy and NSC. Is non-greasy and absorbs fast. I'm into my 2nd tube now

Btw, I wanna mention about St Ives Vitamin E body lotion. My mum uses this on her cracked skin on the feet and it has shown tremendous results! The cracks have healed almost completely. This product is so underrated!
        Last edited by satinchris; 17-12-2003, 12:13 PM.

Comment

We just discussed this issue in C & E thread. Maybe u can have look on that?

My recommendation: Goatmilk Hand Therapy (Hand Cream)

Crabtree & Evelyn

Comment

Originally posted by Satinchris
            Btw, I wanna mention about St Ives Vitamin E body lotion. My mum uses this on her cracked skin on the feet and it has shown tremendous results! The cracks have healed almost completely. This product is so underrated!
            hee i use it on my feet as well
            works wonders!

Comment

How about Neurtrogena Medicated Handcream?

My mother swears by this handcream.. she uses this all the time on her dry and sometimes peeling hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Shon

Crabtree & Evelyn
                i second that!

Comment

Re: Handcream for sensitive hands/skin?

Originally posted by VinLongo

VinLongo, the itchiness may cause by the dryness of washing too often. Or else the hand soap is too strong for ur hands, u can change to gentle hand soap. Remember to apply lotion/cream after every washing.

Comment

Crabtree & Evelyn
                    try it first, coz my mother who has sensitive skin is allergic to the goatmilk series too..... she has no problem with the aloe vera though.

Comment

Originally posted by califit
                      try it first, coz my mother who has sensitive skin is allergic to the goatmilk series too..... she has no problem with the aloe vera though.
                      ditto to the sensitive issue on the goatmilk series
                      i have itchy hands after applying

Comment

Originally posted by natnatviv
                        ditto to the sensitive issue on the goatmilk series
                        i have itchy hands after applying
                        i thought my mother's the only one! now she uses sebamed or the C&E aloe vera range...

i bought it for my mum coz goatmilk's supposed to be good for sensitive skin... oh wellz...

Comment

hi. thanks for the reply. my hand is not peeling nor is it very drying. just slightly drying. as for the brand of the soap, even if i use hand soap, i will have this prob too if i wash my hands too often. will be worse if i keep on washing dishes for couples of days using the so called 'gentle' disher soap.

some of u mentioned yr mum has very dry and peeling hands. my mum has that when she washed too often, plus she likes to use extra strong detergent to clean the house.... so, her hands are worse. she has... *swollen* finger! she kept on scratching it because its itchy and it become swollen and starts peeling and even cracked. stimes it will be so drying that it bleeds when it cracked. much worse case for me. yucks. i think i better read carefully and select one that's meant for us.

Comment

Re: Re: Handcream for sensitive hands/skin?

Remember to apply lotion/cream after every washing.
                            hiya shon,

i cant apply after every washing. my hands will have those oily bubbles forming if i do so. my skin is very 'fussy'. too much of anything will rebel. ai...... now i'm having rashes on my legs as well. now hands also have some since i tried some wool material clothings recently. sensitive skin is a torture!!!

Comment

Summer Hill hand therapy from Crabtree & Evelyn! Got my mum this and she loves it!

Comment

Working...
                              X