Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nail Polish Remover

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nail Polish Remover

    I'm looking for a good np remover which really works. I was using Manicare's remover and it was one of the poorest i've ever used. I have to use up loads of tissue and remover to remove all the np i had on, and all the rubbing dries out my nails tremendously. I had better luck with Orly's sponge np remover where you put your fingers in the tub and twist around the sponge inside to remove the np. Even that, it fails after the np gets concentrated in the sponge.

    Any recommendations for a good np remover? Thanks

  • #2
    i like 5S but they are defunct now, has aloe extracts tt are gentle to the nails. i do like ettusais coz it takes away glitters, i don hv to rub & rub on my poor nails but it cost so much! am using mavala, smell is not pungent like those we find off the shelves. it's $6 for 2 bottles! but it takes effort to remove glitters!

    Comment


    • #3
      i've used manicure once many years ago and both my mom and i agreed that it's the worst nail polish remover *ever*, stinks and takes loads of rubbing to get anything off; haven't found anything as bad over the years

      now i use sally hansen, it's cheap and good - the acetone free blue one takes off most light shades easily and the regular green one takes off even the most stubborn glitters. great thing is that it's cheap so even if you use a lot for super stubborn glitters, you don't feel the pinch!

      Comment


      • #4
        Hmmm...I've been using the Manicare one & it's alright for me. Maybe get the Extra Gentle Non-Acetone one? But I don't apply nail polish too often to try other removers. I've had the Manicare one for quite a while & it's less than half used.

        Comment


        • #5
          I was using the pink colour one from Manicare, got it really cheap at one of the sales at guardian or watson. About $2-$3. it didn't work well at all on regular np, not to mention glitter np.

          I may want to try the SH ones. By the way, do you use tissue to remove them? I realised that if i rub too hard, the tissue tend to break up easily. Or should i use cloth?

          bluebubble, i found that i can peel the whole np (together with the SH mega shine top coat) off my nails, that saves me some removers.. LOL!

          Comment


          • #6
            PEEL?
            the topmost layer of the nail sometimes peels off along with the nail polish...i tried this before and this is what i noticed

            anyway nail polish removers work better than cotton pads rather than tissue

            i've tried cutex, maybelline and sally hansen and they all work fine

            Comment


            • #7
              i use cotton pads with nailpolish removers, tissue is too fragile...peeling the nailpolish off will damage your nails, not advised

              Originally posted by Flowerfairy
              Hmmm...I've been using the Manicare one & it's alright for me. Maybe get the Extra Gentle Non-Acetone one? But I don't apply nail polish too often to try other removers. I've had the Manicare one for quite a while & it's less than half used.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bluebubble
                i've used manicure once many years ago and both my mom and i agreed that it's the worst nail polish remover *ever*, stinks and takes loads of rubbing to get anything off; haven't found anything as bad over the years

                now i use sally hansen, it's cheap and good - the acetone free blue one takes off most light shades easily and the regular green one takes off even the most stubborn glitters. great thing is that it's cheap so even if you use a lot for super stubborn glitters, you don't feel the pinch!
                I was using the Sally Hansen acetone free one. Cheap and generally good. It's such a huge bottle and I feel that it becomes less effective towards the end...like, more watery, less solvent and it becomes a little hard to get those colours off, esp glitters. I m using Cutex now. More powderful than Sally Hansen in terms of removing power( ok, maybe it's cos' it's a new bottle and may follow the Sally Hansen path towards the end). I feel that Cutex is less drying than Sally Hansen but still not *perfect*. Still looking for the perfect one....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Maybelline for me. My previous (can't recall the brand) gave me headaches from the fumes.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Any brand which is acetone free.... usally end up buying Sally Hansen, since it's usually on offer in Gaurdian.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Joce7878
                      Any brand which is acetone free.... usally end up buying Sally Hansen, since it's usually on offer in Gaurdian.
                      Same! :D

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Same as Pan and Joce. I Only get the Sally hansen when there's a offer. I like Sally Hansen since it is acetone free... Manicure dries up my skin big time!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I Second the Maybelline. Are you referring to the Express remover, Champagne?

                          This one rocks. Can't recall the acetone content but it certainly isn't pungent and doesn't leave my nails with a dry white layer (I would deem it as gentle). Leaves a faint almond scent.
                          And as it's names goes, it's REALLY express. Just press gently and wipe (of course stronger hues like reds will take >1 wipe).

                          I hoarded loads of it when watson's World Trade center was clearing stock.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i cant remthe brand but its a pink bottle with white cap... unlyk other removers, this one is applied with a tippex brush (like the nail polish brush)
                            and juz wipe off...
                            i like it cos it duznt stink! and its removes pretty fast except for glitter stuff... takes 2 wipes...

                            bought from guardian... $5 but lasts realli long... got it last early last year and only used up 1/2 a bottle! :D

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Nail Polisher Remover

                              i did a quick search and didnt find anything of n/p removers =)

                              Are all n/p removers the same?

                              Any brands to rec?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X