Matching nails and outfits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matching nails and outfits

Does anyone match your nails to your shoes and clothes, y'know, a bit like Elle Woods in Legally Blonde? Or do you just wear whatever you want with whatever nail colours you happen to be wearing at the time?

usually i wear neutral or light colors so that my nail color match almost everything... if they dont match, i wont remove the color and apply a matching one. hee~

Comment

I usually opt for neutral colors for nail colors because it matches any clothing colors easily.

Comment

Hey, I can't be the only one with a penchant for strong nail colours!

Comment

i luv to try different nail colors n i like strong dark colors too... i do try to match my clothes to my nail color if possible, like if i have pink nails, i try to wear pink too... but i guess it's not really necessary, like i got blue nails now, but i still wear brown... think it's totally fine as i feel that having colored nails shows i'm well groomed and that's important enough... can't expect me to have 7 sets of the same colored clothes to match my nails for a week rite...

Comment

You mean match as in the same shade of colour? Like pink nails with pink/ dark pink dress?

For me, I think beige goes with anything. But if I am wearing red nails, I probably will go with a darker colour dressing.

Comment

I think french manicures look good with any outfit! That's my current phase anyway. In the past I liked dark maroon/grey/black colours...but not anymore! And no...I don't match them. Maybe because my clothes are more of less the same shades. I don't wear pastel, so my nails never have to match pastel

Comment

Originally posted by dar-ling
                i luv to try different nail colors n i like strong dark colors too... i do try to match my clothes to my nail color if possible, like if i have pink nails, i try to wear pink too... but i guess it's not really necessary, like i got blue nails now, but i still wear brown... think it's totally fine as i feel that having colored nails shows i'm well groomed and that's important enough... can't expect me to have 7 sets of the same colored clothes to match my nails for a week rite...
                yup, i agree that having perfectly painted nails would portray out a polished image! my nails are always in different colours with nail art hence, its really impossible to match them with my clothes for a week (i redo my nails every week). I would try to match the clothes and my nails by the certain look it portrays, e.g pale base with flowers would have the sweet/cute look. black with silver tips would go with the harder punky look.
                I think matching colours is kind of OTT? e.g red nails, with reddish top and reddish bitten lips? abit too vampy for me...

Comment

gosh, its a little difficult to match isnt it?
                  i agree that french nails would be the best!

Comment

I agree that neutral colors are the best. I'm the type that will make the effort to change my nail color to match my outfit.

Comment

actually with nail art it's easier to match colours... but where got time to change so many colours a week? hahahaha!

Comment

Working...
                      X