Matching Toe & Finger Nails color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matching Toe & Finger Nails color?

I'm having this problem whereby I do not know if one shld find a matching color for the toe nails n fingernails. people dont normally do this ya?

If i'm wearing champagne color dress, deciding on a dirty brown or pink glossy nailpolish for my fingernails, what colors shld i apply for my toenails? I've never apply nailpolish on my toenails simply because they r too small! they dont look nice at all. However, i was told that if i dont apply nailpolish on toes when wearing those open toes sandals (with angle straps), its doesnt look nice for the event....... my shoes is white so hmn ok to choose a dark tone nailpolish for toes? Thanks!

I read in some mag, Allure or Glamour or something like that, that you should paint your toes a stronger version of the colour on your nails. Eg if you have a pale pink on your fingers, then you might wear a bright pink on your toes.

Comment

How about a french manicure and pedicure? Should have no problems matching clothes and shoes

Comment

Second the French mani suggestion!

Comment

i've seen french pedicure on friend's toes before, so cute!! it's really very nice, but i don't think i can cos my toe nails are very tiny...

Comment

Originally posted by sakura
            i've seen french pedicure on friend's toes before, so cute!! it's really very nice, but i don't think i can cos my toe nails are very tiny...

grow ur toenails? apply a nail hardener or something like tt so ur nails wont chip or break. maybe u apply polsih urself on toenails not nice? y not u try a normal pedicure?

Comment

Hi there,
              I don't usually match the exact colours.
              I either do a lighter colour on fingers and darker colour on toes OR different colours for both, although from the same colour family. heh.

Comment

yep, what i do is also like what Pronuptia has said, though not always from same color family.

Comment

i like to match my hands n toes... always try to do both together n in the same color...
                  i think that the brown will look nicer with ur dress anyway... maybe can add some giltter or nail art pattern too.. unless u just wanna go for the classy look, then just plan brown the whole nails will do...

Comment

I usually go for french mani and pedi nowadays. Cos my bf loves tham. And it goes perfectly well with anything i wear.

Otherwise, i'll also match my hand nails and toe nails colour.

Comment

If it's a formal event, it's nicer if you colour-coordinate the colours on both hands and feet. If you cant decide on the colour, then go with French. But anyway, using the same colour for both hands and feet will only work if the colour is not too strong!

Comment

i try to match my toe nails colour to my shoe! hmmm.. but fingers n toes.. i dont match, but colour cant be too contrasting...

Comment

I don't usually match my toe and hands nail colours too. There are certian colours that looks better on my toes than hands and vice versa. I noticed that for toes, dark colours usually look better and only certain shades of light tones goes with my skin.

My advice is to try out the colours and see which colour flatters you the most!

Comment

just went for my pedi yesterday. the lady advised same color when i told her i thought that the toes should be darker color. think for formal event it'll be better to have matching colors.

my toes are impossible to grow long nails. so can't do french on them. love french mani though. my next mani will be french!

Comment

i always go for lighter tones on my fingers like french or pink...
                              but for my toes, i'll go for darker colours like maroon red, dark purple etc...

n, u shouldnt put a darker shade of color on ur fingers then ur feet... thats what my manicurist told me...
                              Last edited by whinybubbles; 15-04-2005, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X