Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ways to repair fresh-painted nails

hey :wave:

when i went for my manicure, i notices that after my freshly paint nails dry, they apply a layer of oil on top of it.

SO yesterday, monkey see monkey DO. i also apply a layer of baby oil on top of it when it 70% dry. Guess what, i accidently rub my nail on something and the layer of polish(base coat+ colour x2 + top coat) went pushing together. (Get what i mean )

but because of the oil i apply, i am able to put everything back in time. well, of cos there will still be lines on the nail but at least it can save the trouble of reapply if u r on a rush.

can try..

Comment

I don't know about your manicurist, but mine only applies oil (it's cuticle oil) to my cuticles after they dry. She does this because the dryer they use for blowing your polish dry can really dry your skin.

Comment

Same here, the manicurists I went to also only apply oil after the nail polish is completely dry.

Comment

Manicure maintenance

Any useful tips for manicure maintenance? Please share!

How do you prevent chips?
          I read somewhere that you should reapply topcoat every other day after a manicure. Doesn't that mean you end up with a really thick layer of stuff on your nails after a week?

How do you repair chips?
          - Do you clean the polish off the entire nail and repolish? Or have you found a technique to just remove the area around the chip and patch it up?
          - If you have long nails, can you just file them short to remove the chipped/worn off bits?

Comment

Re: Manicure maintenance

Originally posted by Pronuptia
            Any useful tips for manicure maintenance? Please share!

I read somewhere that you should reapply topcoat every other day after a manicure. Doesn't that mean you end up with a really thick layer of stuff on your nails after a week?

For me, I only re-apply when I feel that there's a need to.

Comment

Hahaha... think I've tried exploring quite a few methods... for reapplying topcoat, i only do that if I see a need to. Maybe once every 4days, for max about 3times... if not, feel as if my nails very thick like that.

If I'm not bored by the colour by the time it's supposed to be changed, then I just remove & repolish those nails that need to be done... which usually is ALL! Hahaha... Filing I tried before too, but very difficult, esp if your colours are re-applied very thick. No point ***, cos after filing, the colours are very brittle and will just chip after 1-2days... then you just go back to square one and remove & repolish... :roll:

Comment

I'll reapply the top coat the 1st day after I get my nails done and that's usually good enough but if I find myself doing a lot of handwashing or housework then my manicure doesn't seem to last as long

angie

Comment

Re: Manicure maintenance

Reapplying top coat every other day helps. You will not get a thick layer of vanish if you apply thin layers of nail vanish and top coat. Of course, it's not advisable to wear your polish for more than a week or two.

How do you repair chips?
                  I am wearing gel nails so I don't get this. However, if you do, you can do a temporary "Silk, Fiberglass or Linen Wrap". Most nail salons offer 'Silk Wrap' and this technique is simply to 'patch up' your chips/tears by apply a thin layer of strip on top of your nail bed and then 'glue' them back temporarily. Normally lasts for another 4 - 5 days.

Comment

FAVE NAILS - Hand Treatment & Spa Pedicure

Has anyone tried these treatments from Fave Nails? Any comments, and any idea how much are these treatments?

Also, any recommendation of nail spa for hand and foot treatment?

Rejuvenating Hand Treatment
                    This treatment literally lifts the fine lines off your hands! Using the Advanced Hydrating Cr?me and Cucumber Green Tea Masque. You'll end up with relaxed and wrinkle-free hands.

Essential Spa Manicure
                    The ultimate manicure. Expect lots of massage and pampering with this citrus-based treatment. With gentle exfoliation and a hot mitten treatment using top end products, your hands will emerge fair and smooth, just like a baby's.

Essential Spa Pedicure
                    Specially created to energize and invigorate legs and feet, and to soothe and soften your skin. Now you can bare those feet in lovely sandals with confidence! Formulated with exclusive aromatherapeutic natural herbs and essential oils, the Essential Spa Pedicure relaxes, cleanses and revitalizes lower extremities while delighting the mind and body.
                    Last edited by xue; 12-08-2004, 08:55 PM.

Comment

i am a bit confused. we usually file nails using the emery board

then we buff using the buffer block

do we buff the entire nail surface so that nails become shiny or do we buff the edge of the nails. as nails that have been filed usually are rough around the edges? can buffing shape nails?

Comment

Hi avojuice,

The emery board is for filing our nails to the shape that we want. The buffer is to buff the edges of the nails after filing to seal the nails. Some buffer have different coarseness. Use the finer side to buff finger nails.

Buffer that's used to shine nails are not the ones you posted.

Comment

i'm confused..my manicurist used the buffer to buff my entire nails.

Comment

magical - she did it most probably to smooth the nail surface - to get rid of the ridges (bumps)

Comment

thank you ylyl.... no wonder after a visit my fingernails are so smooth...unlike when i trim them myself

Comment

They'll lightly buff the whole nails to smoothen the nails before applying nail polish. sometimes also to lightly buff over the cuticle to get rid of excess dead skin at the cuticle.

Comment

Working...
                                X