nail salons in bencoolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nail salons in bencoolen

hi girls, there are a few nail salons in Bencoolen(the shopping centre), which are e better ones? pls give some comments, thanks!

I used to go to The Nail Palace, and had bought a package from them. The standard are so so, depending on who is the one doing your nails. The thing I don't like is that they are quite pushy to get you to sign up for their package. I signed up for their obe of their package since I thought it's near my mum's house, and she does do her nails occassionally and if she wants to, she can use my package. Then after 2 visits (after I paid for my package), they ask me to sign up for a new package which they said is better. I'm like "WTH?!" :roll: In the end, I used up my existing package, and take my nails somewhere else.

Never been to the other ones at Bencoolen. Sorry couldn't been of more help

Comment

Never been to the Bencoolen Nail Palace, but passed by the Nail Palace at Tiong Bahru. They are soooo pushy! If you so much as look at their polishes on display they'll come up and try to sell you a package. :roll:

Comment

went to the nail palace at bencoolen once with my friend because another of her friend was a regular there..

there was this promotion going on where the full manicure inclusive of 2 nail arts costs only $10!

but once is quite enough.. because like what Pronuptia said, they are quite pushy.. in the end my friend paid like close to $70 because they got her to buy some ridges (is it spelt this way) or fungus aid.. together with the full manicure & pedicure..

they even ask if we want to buy the package and i think the staff are not too friendly with non regulars.. made me feel quite uptight inside the shop..

and the worst part? my friend lost her newly bought 6610 while she was doing her pedicure and left her bag at the waiting area.. sigh! but that's just our visit.. maybe u people have better experience?
        Last edited by chiri; 24-07-2004, 10:39 PM.

Comment

hello ahme,
          how about doing us an intro (about yourself, your interests, how you found us etc) @ CozyBabes so that we can get to know you better?

also, chiri, do take time out to read CozyBulletin & refrain from non standard english & do go back to edit the ***, those are words that have been automatically censored by the system!

Comment

Originally posted by duckiee
            hello ahme,
            how about doing us an intro (about yourself, your interests, how you found us etc) @ CozyBabes so that we can get to know you better?

also, chiri, do take time out to read CozyBulletin & refrain from non standard english & do go back to edit the ***, those are words that have been automatically censored by the system!
            oops.. i only went to read the bulletin after posting the comment! sorry! will get to correcting the non standard english this minute!

Comment

no problem! just go back to edit them!

also, we try to encourage cotters not to quote unnecessarily (edit the quotes & no need to quote if you're replying to a post directly above you)

Comment

thanks for e replies girls! ok, not sure if i should try them.. my work place is just opposite.. so i thought of trying hehee but now kinda put off cos i don't like those pushy pushy shops.. haa..

duckiee :: i posted in cosybabes already hee~

Comment

Ahme - Just don't go to Nail Palace lol. Maybe other nail salons there won't be pushy like them. If you try other places at Bencoolen, do let us know, ya?

Comment

ahme > if you are looking for cheap manicures, maybe you can try a tiny shop at the bugis village level 2. it's on the left hand side. the wall is purple in color. i cant remember the name..

there's a certificate framed on the top left hand corner by the Pink Room. the manicurist called celine is a small petite girl. the shop only offer manicures due to space constrain. if you don't mind the small area and want to get a new coat of polish after 1/2 weeks following the pervious full manicure, you can try it! BUT beware of space constrain!

express manicure costs only $8.90! the cheapest i've seen so far. i've asked.. the full manicure will cost $13.90! nail art starts from $0.50-$0.80 per nail! cheapest also! the other places i've been to starts from $2.

not sure about the full manicure service as i've only done the express one before. but celine's quite attentive and immediately tried to savalge the dented mark on my nail when i accidentally poked it with another nail. and when she saw that it has no hope of surviving, she wiped off the whole color and repainted it for me!
                    Last edited by chiri; 27-07-2004, 10:47 AM.

Comment

hi girls! thanks for all the kind replies. i think i will try other salons and see which have better services.. like not so pushy.. hee

Comment

Hi gal,

You can try a salon that offers manicures at Sunshine Plaza at Bencoolen St. I can't remember the name but it's right beside Secret Garden Florist (01-5.

Also, you can try Colour Zone at Paradiz Centre.

Haven't tried both of them so I can't comment.

Comment

I went to Nail Palace after work to get a full pedicure. And it having apromotion at hougang mall branch for only $27.50 and free two nail arts. i thought it a godo deal so i decide to try my luck yeah. Firstly , the Pedicurist comments on my cuticles are very dirty and etc... suddenly she comments that my Feet are aslo as dirty as well. What i angry most is that she say that i dodnt wash my feet for half a year *****.. WTH!!! i was damn bloodly pissed off at that moment ...
                          after which, i realise that there is no scrubing services so i request for 1... which the bill come , the stupid scrubing services for less than 10 minm cost me $10 !!! That mean i had pay a total of $37.50 for it.. i never visit that branch [email protected]@!

Comment

ah..i just passed by nail palace at bencoolen, they r having this promotion for classic pedi at 23.90 with 2 free nail art, which i *** is a good deal.

but looks like i *** be visiting there after i read the comments here.

Comment

Working...
                            X