Transparent/Tinted or Sheer Nail Colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparent/Tinted or Sheer Nail Colour

Hi, anybody knows any tinted nail polish, those that goes on transparent but with a sheer colour like a tinted lipgloss etc? Besides some nail bases which is tinted, I am looking for a dark red sheer colour, its looks really dark but when applied is actually tinted red/pink. Kind of like Nars liquid blusher. Thanks.

I think Bourjois used to have something like that several years ago. The Vernis d'Eau line or something like that. Looked like opaque fuschia in the bottle but came out transparent hot pink on fingers. Don't know if they still make it.

Comment

I went to the bourjois counter but was told they dont have the kind of polish I want.

Comment

i bought a nice sheer pink from Kose recently. don't remember a red though

Comment

hi sharon, does your kose nail polish give a tinted look? oh what is the colour named? May go and check it out.

Comment

i vaguely remember seeing clear looking n/p at MAC DFS. not too sure though, if you happen to pass by just take a look.

i can't remember the colour from Kose! PK something. i just go for the very light and sheer looking n/p, you can judge just by eyeing the bottle (may or may not be milky). i know they used to have the sheer fuschia red you are looking for but it's discontinued.

eg. i like Bridesmaid from MAC. it's a very sheer milky white. looks boring but on the nails, it just makes your nails a little paler but the best thing is it makes my nailtips look WHITE!

sorry can't help much, i'm not much of a mani-pedi person

Comment

Thanks sharon, below pic the first nail polish from the 2nd row is something like what I'm looking for, a dark red tinted transparent nail polish but without the iridescent glitter particles.

Comment

Try ZA. I used to have a nail polish that is clear dark red, but once apply, give a pink transparent gloss. I remember still seeing at the za counter.

I love the kose base colour. Mine is sweet pink in the bottle, very nude and high shine!! Though it is exremely expensive - S$21?, it is worth every cent.

Comment

think Anna Sui has such polish, do check it out. I remember I bought a blue one before, but it turns out too dark when I applied over my nicely done nails :puke:
                  So now I just chucked it one side.

They have red, like you said.

Comment

Bashful_1119, I've seen the ZA one but its not the one I'm looking for.

bee, you serious AS have it? Does it have those glitters in it? I though most AS nail polish is very shimmery and glittering and they are not cheap! I found out Essie has one red and purple tinted nail polish but its not available on transdesign and I dont know whereas to get it.

Still on the look out.....

Comment

I like Eleanor nail polish which I get from SASA in "084". It has shimmer and sparkle but it's almost colourless when you apply.

Comment

Ettusais latest nail colour has one nice pinkish red one. Go see.

Comment

gink, the AS ones do not have shimmers. Yes, they are not cheap $22 for a bottle...

Comment

Working...
                          X